Pitt QB Kedon Slovis in the portal again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt QB Kedon Slovis in the portal again

Yikes.

That is a huge pickup for them. Meanwhile our fans are happy bringing back a QB who can't throw with no new competition and letting potential OC/QB coaches take weeks to decide (or look for a better job) if they want to come here or not. Costing us the chance to land someone like this.
You do know Pitt doesn't currently have an OC, right?

Breaking news: kids don't give a darn about Donovan McNabb. They want to go where they can start and have ridiculous aspirations of awesome...even though Pitt's OC left.

And he goes from a head coach who produced two recent Heisman trophy winning #1 NFL draft picks to a team whose OC thought 3 win Nebraska and its coach on the hot seat was a better destination?

Something doesn't add up.
Lincoln Riley is not married to him, meaning open competition in spring with Jaxson Dart and Miller Moss. Plus theres still rumors that Caleb Williams will follow Riley to SC, I doubt that happens but the guy wanted out due to uncertainty and wanted to go where he is wanted.

Why? He transferred to Pitt, not Alabama.
??? You act like we are on equal ground with Pitt. They have beat us 17 out of the last 20 times we have played. Think about that. They think of us like we use to think about Providence and Seton Hall. An automatic win. And btw, they are ranked and going to a bowl again. Thats my thought process.

For all the Pitt offense last year. Pickard save a ton of plays with his feet, this kid doesnt save plays like that.

For all the Pitt offense last year. Pickard save a ton of plays with his feet, this kid doesnt save plays like that.
And the fake slide technique is forever gone !!!

For some reason he did worse each year of his 3 years.
2020 USC only played 6 games due to covid...he led the Pac-12 in almost all passing categories for the year.

2021 he definitely took a step back it seems...not sure how much that can be chalked up to Heltons firing.

I don't think he'll be much of a regression from Pickett

I would recommend taking a break from Syracuse related content for a while unless you just want to be known as a colossal a hole around here.
hes not wrong though.

where are the announced hires and a QB who can throw?
There's space between "being ok with letting coaches decide" and announced hires. We have 3 QBs on the roster, all of whom show promise.

The guy came in hot and overtly negative on obviously subjective things.

There's space between "being ok with letting coaches decide" and announced hires. We have 3 QBs on the roster, all of whom show promise.

The guy came in hot and overtly negative on obviously subjective things.
Maybe, I only saw the 1 post and didn’t have a problem with it.

And he goes from a head coach who produced two recent Heisman trophy winning #1 NFL draft picks to a team whose OC thought 3 win Nebraska and its coach on the hot seat was a better destination?

Something doesn't add up.
Jaxson Dart happened at USC. Plus Malachi Nelson next year. Skipped town for a guaranteed job.

Jaxson Dart happened at USC. Plus Malachi Nelson next year. Skipped town for a guaranteed job.

Makes sense I guess. Can’t imagine there will be any competition at Pitt.

Just a little weird to see a 3 year starter transfer so he can find a starting job.

Makes sense I guess. Can’t imagine there will be any competition at Pitt.

Just a little weird to see a 3 year starter transfer so he can find a starting job.
i look at more like a 5th year SR...Russel Wilson etc.

new set of women too...

where are the announced hires and a QB who can throw?
That’s not the statement, it’s inferring that no one wants another QB and that even if we did we couldn’t get one because we don’t have an OC which by the way Pitt doesn’t either. That and the general aghhhhhhhhhhh the sky is falling aghhhhhhhhh tone of his post.

While im not defending the OP i would say this, I bet his opinion matches more of the casual fan of syracuse Football. the last 5 to 10 years or more including the current regime. Its easy to pile on him because the 5000 or so members of this small community here at this website is probably the hardcore fan for the most part.

The team has trouble drawing fans consistently there are what 400,000 people in Onondaga coun ty area and 5000 members in this website many of them no longer live around here.

I would bet the OP opinions fit a lot of the narative of SU football in the community as a whole. In fact i know many people who think like him about SU Football and thus wont go to a game or buy season tickets because they suck.

At least he is here and seems to care , more than i can say for the community as a whole i think.

While im not defending the OP i would say this, I bet his opinion matches more of the casual fan of syracuse Football. the last 5 to 10 years or more including the current regime. Its easy to pile on him because the 5000 or so members of this small community here at this website is probably the hardcore fan for the most part.

The team has trouble drawing fans consistently there are what 400,000 people in Onondaga coun ty area and 5000 members in this website many of them no longer live around here.

I would bet the OP opinions fit a lot of the narative of SU football in the community as a whole. In fact i know many people who think like him about SU Football and thus wont go to a game or buy season tickets because they suck.

At least he is here and seems to care , more than i can say for the community as a whole i think.
I really don’t see this.

Meanwhile our fans are happy bringing back a QB who can't throw with no new competition and letting potential OC/QB coaches take weeks to decide (or look for a better job) if they want to come here or not. Costing us the chance to land someone like this.

Not surprising, after experiencing first hand what a hell-hole Pitt is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom