Pitt QB Kedon Slovis in the portal again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt QB Kedon Slovis in the portal again

Everyone has their hand out and wants to go to the highest bidder. #PayMeMore

Surprised he stunk so much for Pitt this year. Unfortunately this is a good move for them Phil J is the better QB and makes that game a lot tougher. We would have beaten Slovis in the Dome.

The portal is a mess and it is destroying college sports.

If college football is ultimately destroyed (it's still wildly popular), it will be traced back to the greed of the administrations. They all tried to make it big business, but seemed to leave one part out. Thinking the free education was enough for those who actually make all the plays on the field.

Now it's more equitable to players with NIL and instant transfers, but there are practically no controls in place. There's no leadership overall to the sport.

Where does it all land? Can't wait to find out.

If college football is ultimately destroyed (it's still wildly popular), it will be traced back to the greed of the administrations. They all tried to make it big business, but seemed to leave one part out. Thinking the free education was enough for those who actually make all the plays on the field.

Now it's more equitable to players with NIL and instant transfers, but there are practically no controls in place. There's no leadership overall to the sport.

Where does it all land? Can't wait to find out.
Bingo. No one should blame the players for doing what's in their best interest, in terms of playing time and money. Blame the Presidents and ADs desperate lust for money, and their utter lack of foresight, planning, stewardship and accountability.

I have my doubts that Slovis had a choice.
Yeah this isn't on Slovis. The optics aren't great I get it, but I'd do the same thing if I was him. 8-4 and a decent bowl meanwhile your OC is working to bring in his former QB. Granted his stats weren't eye popping this year but still.

Yeah this isn't on Slovis. The optics aren't great I get it, but I'd do the same thing if I was him. 8-4 and a decent bowl meanwhile your OC is working to bring in his former QB. Granted his stats weren't eye popping this year but still.
It’s ironic that Pitt’s coach was complaining about poaching last year and what does he do this year? Hypocrite.

It’s ironic that Pitt’s coach was complaining about poaching last year and what does he do this year? Hypocrite.

This is why I don't mind Deion telling that group of players that a lot of them are prob out the door.

What's that Oscar Wilde quote? "A true friend stabs you in the front" or something.

I'm not Trent Dilfer but neither guy has shown much stuff in my eyes. Sort of a yawn.

How does this work? They all grad transfer guys?

I can get a guy having two schools on their stats, but three is weird.

Coaches are employees of the university. Student-athletes aren't. Apples and oranges.
I don't see why that distinction results in one group having to sit out a year to take advantage of an opportunity that improves their life while another group doesn't have to sit out a year. It seems completely arbitrary.

I thought portaling was a one-time thing. Now, if they have a degree, going the second time as a grad transfer makes sense.

I don't see why that distinction results in one group having to sit out a year to take advantage of an opportunity that improves their life while another group doesn't have to sit out a year. It seems completely arbitrary.
OP was about the "college" part. Are we talking about sitting out a year after transferring for academic reasons, like taking advantage of the new ChemE major at some other school? (That's what the opportunity would be in that framework.)

And in any event, when you transfer, you still get to take classes, so you're not "sitting out" from the perspective of the original comment.

Slovis was a transfer to Pitt from...Southern Cal. Narduzzi was always a hypocrite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom