Pitt Tailgate and Ticket Thread, Nov 5th | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Tailgate and Ticket Thread, Nov 5th

Any preferences? Last time, I sat in the Cuse section at the Pitt game, it was in the corner.
I'm probably fine with whatever you're getting. Any idea what section they're in? Assuming 3rd (5XX) level?

Pitt fans are notoriously flaky...but this year they are rolling...might actually have 45K there

Are people driving from Syracuse? I am tentatively planning a trip for football and basketball and am trying to decide what to do in between the Notre Dame game and the Nov. 7 basketball men's and women's double header season kick off. Hmmm. It is a possibility. My Toronto son will be out of the country for 6 weeks so seeing him is not an option on this trip. But also may head to my brothers. And then may stay for Fl State.
How long is the drive from Syracuse or is there an inexpensive (lol these days) flight option?

Are people driving from Syracuse? I am tentatively planning a trip for football and basketball and am trying to decide what to do in between the Notre Dame game and the Nov. 7 basketball men's and women's double header season kick off. Hmmm. It is a possibility. My Toronto son will be out of the country for 6 weeks so seeing him is not an option on this trip. But also may head to my brothers. And then may stay for Fl State.
How long is the drive from Syracuse or is there an inexpensive (lol these days) flight option?
Probably a 5.5 to 6 hr drive. Over to Erie PA and down.

There are no nonstops from SYR to PIT

Got my tix I bought through 'Cuse today...section 515 row W...jeesh! Not a bad view but I usually end up in the first 5-10 rows on the road.
At Ohio last year we had 50 Cuse fans sitting in the first four rows behind the SU bench at midfield. Epic

We spent $25 each and the Ohio group ticket agent was so happy we bought.

5 hours from Binghamton, Game week decision.

The only person I heard from was orange_in_va so I ordered 15 tickets from SU, 13 of which I need. I haven't gotten the tickets in the mail yet though.
My bad. I already bought tickets since I hadn't heard anything from you since my last comment. I can still pay you for the extras you got for me. We're gonna be sitting a few rows behind the Syracuse bench

My bad. I already bought tickets since I hadn't heard anything from you since my last comment. I can still pay you for the extras you got for me. We're gonna be sitting a few rows behind the Syracuse bench
Don’t sweat it. I didn’t communicate so that’s on me. Sounds like you probably got far better seats than where we will be!

Don’t sweat it. I didn’t communicate so that’s on me. Sounds like you probably got far better seats than where we will be!
Pretty great seats. Mid field halfway up the first section. $50/each

My son has a travel baseball raffle that evening. The time I need a noon game and we got a 3:30 one. Bummer I am going to miss it being so close. not to mention I hate the cold. lol

Whose heading to this game and is there a pregame meet up?

Thinking I might be able to swing this with a 3:30 start

If there is any pregame activity Enrique's father and uncle would be interested in joining. I can provide contact info

Whose heading to this game and is there a pregame meet up?

Thinking I might be able to swing this with a 3:30 start
Same question here, 4 of us attending, 2 Cuse fans and 2 Pitt fans (their daughter is in the Pitt band)

Any recommendations for hotels? Might be able to convince Mrs. OO to go to this one
Check out the Drury Plaza, Joinery or Wyndham Grand all Downtown. All good. As Mark mentioned, if you're not familiar with the Burgh it can be very difficult to navigate around. Uber or take the T (light rail, Allegheny stop) too and from Heinz. Don't drive. There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the South Side Flats area that is very nice.

Check out the Drury Plaza, Joinery or Wyndham Grand all Downtown. All good. As Mark mentioned, if you're not familiar with the Burgh it can be very difficult to navigate around. Uber or take the T (light rail, Allegheny stop) too and from Heinz. Don't drive. There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the South Side Flats area that is very nice.

Was looking at staying at Drury

Trying to figure out now if there is enough interest for a small meet up at one of the close private lots.

If there is, or someone knows a secret spot to tailgate at, I’d be willing to assist/organize

Would be a pretty basic and simple tailgate due to late start

Trying to figure out now if there is enough interest for a small meet up at one of the close private lots.

If there is, or someone knows a secret spot to tailgate at, I’d be willing to assist/organize

Drury is good choice. Stayed there this summer for some Pirates games with cousins. About equal distance to the Steel Plaza or Wood Street T stops. Easy access to Strip District after game.

My family of four will be attending the game. Let us know where a tailgate will be and what we should bring! We are staying at the Hampton on smallman st

My family of four will be attending the game. Let us know where a tailgate will be and what we should bring! We are staying at the Hampton on smallman st

Unfortunately looks like I’m going to skip this game

Between FSU the following week and then heading to Wake Forest the week after just seems a bit much so will be passing

Hope y’all have a great time and Go Orange!!

Pittsburgh is a pretty confusing city to drive around. If you can hack spending $300 a night...stay close
I’m heading to this game, any room at the tailgate left?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom