PJ Fleck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PJ Fleck

He's an offensive guy, with years of O-line experience and has won a lot at Toledo. I like him a lot.
Tim Beckman also won a lot at Toledo.

I don't see Campbell's success translating at Syracuse. Looking at his coaching career, I don't where an expertise in a high-powered offense would have come from. His entire coaching life has been in the MAC.

imo I think we will get outbid. I think UMD, and VT go after him, or maybe even someone like South Carolina. I think perception would get us, and he will go for the more perceived program.
Maybe but some things we have going for us is he's relatively older (mid-50's), has only been at Bowling Green for two years, and has never spent longer than a few years in one place.

Maybe but some things we have going for us is he's relatively older (mid-50's), has only been at Bowling Green for two years, and has never spent longer than a few years in one place.

Hey if we can actually get him i'd have him and Fleck as 1a and b in my book. If I ran an air-raid offense I would love to be able to run in in a controlled environment each and every week.

Tim Beckman also won a lot at Toledo.

I don't see Campbell's success translating at Syracuse. Looking at his coaching career, I don't where an expertise in a high-powered offense would have come from. His entire coaching life has been in the MAC.

Beckman went 21-16 in 3 seasons. Campbell is 35-14 in 4.

Beckman didn't win a bowl game. Campbell has won 2 out of 3 bowl games, and his 7-5 team in 2013 didn't get an invite for whatever reason.

Beckman is 50. Campbell is 35.

These two men are not comparable.

Campbell is a great P5 coaching prospect.

I like all 3, but I don't think Babers is realistic, and he's a bit older. Who knows maybe if we were to get him and he's successful, maybe he sticks here, but I think he's headed for UMD, or VT with their history off offensive issues.

I think we can get Campbell, but the more I look into it, the more I prefer Fleck to him. I think he run's a more exciting offense, and I think Fleck would bring in much better talent. Not to mention Fleck has proven he can build a program. WMU had 1 win his 1st year, the following year he's in the running for national coach of the year. I mean the guy was bringing in 4 stars (that would actually qualify) to WMU.

Now Frost is an interesting candidate. Makes me nervous that he will have no ties at all to the area, but I would love to see his offense on the turf. This may actually be the most realistic to get.

But anyways my current list.

1. Fleck
2. Frost
3. Babers
4. Campbell

I wouldn't mind going after some of the top FCS coaches either.

Bill Stewart is like 100 and he does a pretty good job, I could care less about age. It's not like the guy has to play, unless you are talking about golf with boosters. Then it might be a consideration.

I really don't get why Fleck doesn't get more play? Not just at Syracuse either, but at a national level.

I really think he can be next years Matt Rhule, or Justin Fuente. He has been stockpiling talent, and gave Michigan St a scare this year.

He would be a dream hire here. Guy has had a very successful run at two schools. His system works. It would be amazing in a domed environment.

He would be a dream hire here. Guy has had a very successful run at two schools. His system works. It would be amazing in a domed environment.

Obviously Fleck is #1 on my wish list, but that's only because I feel Babers is unattainable.

Obviously Fleck is #1 on my wish list, but that's only because I feel Babers is unattainable.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I hope we buck the trend and hire a coach with a proven track record. And part of me expects it to be somebody out of left field, instead of the names that have been discussed [re: over-discussed] on the board the past few weeks. But I'd kill for a Babers / Fleck.

I really don't get why Fleck doesn't get more play? Not just at Syracuse either, but at a national level.

I really think he can be next years Matt Rhule, or Justin Fuente. He has been stockpiling talent, and gave Michigan St a scare this year.
Probably because his team is only 6-5 this year

We need to grab him. Otherwise Illinois just might get him. He is at the top of my list.

I got Frost 1. Babers is #2. Fleck is in my top 5

Beckman went 21-16 in 3 seasons. Campbell is 35-14 in 4.

Beckman didn't win a bowl game. Campbell has won 2 out of 3 bowl games, and his 7-5 team in 2013 didn't get an invite for whatever reason.

Beckman is 50. Campbell is 35.

These two men are not comparable.

Campbell is a great P5 coaching prospect.

Beckman is a class A dbag. Just wanted to add that

Sounds like Babers could be headed to UCF...

Sounds like Babers could be headed to UCF...

Yeah just heard that too. Babers only needs to win 3 games there next year and it will look good. They may be the worst team in the FBS this year, which is crazy. UCF, VT and SC may all be getting filled. 3 down maybe...

Yeah just heard that too. Babers only needs to win 3 games there next year and it will look good. They may be the worst team in the FBS this year, which is crazy. UCF, VT and SC may all be getting filled. 3 down maybe...

SC - Tom Herman
VT - Justin Fuente
UCF - possibly Babers

And people are wondering why Coyle announced the early firing yesterday morning... we needed to get a jump on it!

SC - Tom Herman
VT - Justin Fuente
UCF - possibly Babers

And people are wondering why Coyle announced the early firing yesterday morning... we needed to get a jump on it!

Those are 3 big names on my wish list

Would suck if Baber was a top target and he takes a job with UCF.