Class of 2015 - Player analysis by JackBauer44 *New 1/14/2015* | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Player analysis by JackBauer44 *New 1/14/2015*

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

Next up on the Recruiting Spotlight series, Shy Cullen! Enjoy and let's hear your thoughts!

http://.com/gridiron-recruiting-spotlight-lb-shyheim-cullen/
I like the use of Tomfoolery in the analysis. Makes it even better

Yes that was sophomore year... He ran a 10.8 last year this year he is doing hurdles throwing shot put and high jump. There are 3 kids on his track team that run the 100 faster than him.

Yes that was sophomore year... He ran a 10.8 last year this year he is doing hurdles throwing shot put and high jump. There are 3 kids on his track team that run the 100 faster than him.

That's a hell of a track team.

State champs 2011 and 12... That kid Nic that came to camp with shy is so fast it's disgusting. I really wish he had a d1 offer

Yeah fastest kid on my HS team took 2nd in states with a 10.7. Only guy I couldn't get a pursuit angle on so if they have 4 guys that fast it's alarming.

Best new addition to the board in years. Keep up the great work Jack!
Great analysis Jack. It sounds like you think he is going to be a great player. How does a guy like this get so few Power 5 offers? How much of it it related to the State that he plays in?

Great analysis Jack. It sounds like you think he is going to be a great player. How does a guy like this get so few Power 5 offers? How much of it it related to the State that he plays in?

That is the $64,000 question. I remember them saying over the summer that Miami NBC coaches knew he was going to commit to Syracuse. I wonder how much that plays into the offer list. We see players all the time in states that aren't known for being highly competitive and football. Erv Phillips didn't have a lot of offers coming out of high school, a lot of people speculate because the quality of football he was playing against wasn't that great. He sure as heck looked like he belonged his freshman year.

When you have a kids like shy who is big, strong, fast, and plays the game at a high-level; I just don't get why more offers are there.

Not that I'm Jack or anything, but I'd imagine two big reasons, the are he plays in doesn't consistently have high quality play, so it's an under recruited area when somebody does come out of there. Secondly, Shy had grade issues that made a lot of teams nervous. But Bam pushed for further testing and Shy received an IEP at the end of last year (mid 3rd quarter if I remember correctly) and his grades have taken a considerable turn around since then. According to Bam Shy's latest SAT gives him a really good shot at qualifying if his grades stay static for the remainder of the year.

Between those two things I'd expect that's most of the reasons why Shy has only the one offer.

Third of course is that he committed to SU early and the interest was extremely high beforehand and there was no chance of him flipping aside from the coaching staff being replaced (like what's potentially happening with Pickard).

I would say those are the two biggest reasons for under recruitment. I would also agree that I told miami if they didn't offer that day he would not flip once committed. I have debated in my head contacting Bc and miami and saying his grades are all set do you want to offer him... Just to increase his offer list... But to be honest he has the school he wants he loves the coaches. Why cloud his head? Why let them offer and reduce the size of the chip on his shoulder. I'd rather see him play pissed and kill a few acc quarter backs them walk over and shake the bc coaches hands and thank them for letting him go someplace else( wonder how many yards of penalty that would be?$

Shy reminds me a lot of Cam

That is the $64,000 question. I remember them saying over the summer that Miami NBC coaches knew he was going to commit to Syracuse. I wonder how much that plays into the offer list. We see players all the time in states that aren't known for being highly competitive and football. Erv Phillips didn't have a lot of offers coming out of high school, a lot of people speculate because the quality of football he was playing against wasn't that great. He sure as heck looked like he belonged his freshman year.

When you have a kids like shy who is big, strong, fast, and plays the game at a high-level; I just don't get why more offers are there.
Well Jack, I am Happy he is Orange. Seems like he and his parents are focused on the right things and understand the big picture. He will get a great education at Syracuse!…..If you can play…..YOU CAN PLAY….and the NFL will find you just as easily playing for Syracuse as they can playing for any other school. He has a shot at early playing time with us and will get a lot of opportunity to show up, and show out ..and show off for scouts looking for Sunday Players.

I would say those are the two biggest reasons for under recruitment. I would also agree that I told miami if they didn't offer that day he would not flip once committed. I have debated in my head contacting Bc and miami and saying his grades are all set do you want to offer him... Just to increase his offer list... But to be honest he has the school he wants he loves the coaches. Why cloud his head? Why let them offer and reduce the size of the chip on his shoulder. I'd rather see him play pissed and kill a few acc quarter backs them walk over and shake the bc coaches hands and thank them for letting him go someplace else( wonder how many yards of penalty that would be?$
Personally I could care less how many offers he has. The staff knows what they are doing. I am going to enjoy watching Shy play.

This stuff is great! It's like opening our own personal Christmas giftd! Think you can get on the offensive side of the ball next, maybe do Strickland or dungey? Merry Christmas all!

I freaking hate the word paradigm. And why are paradigms always new?
They aren't always new; their are old paradigms and new ones. What is it you dislike about the term paradigm?

Can I make a humble request?

While I love the work jek does at .com, that site is blocked for me here (I know, I know... GET TO WORK ORANGETOWN!!!). Can you keep posting the full breakdowns here, Jack?

Pretty please?

Just quoting myself in hopes that JB can provide the analyses here as well as at as he did with the first ones. Ain't too proud to beg.

Just quoting myself in hopes that JB can provide the analyses here as well as at as he did with the first ones. Ain't too proud to beg.
Any opportunity to see your avatar is a good one, even if you are just repeating yourself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom