Please consider helping my Father | Syracusefan.com

Please consider helping my Father

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
We tried to get through this without asking for assistance.. It's just looking like it isn't possible. I know I've gotten a lot from this board, and I appreciate it so much, but I need to ask for one more favor.

My dad lost just about everything he had in this flood. Vehicles, tools, motorcycles, furniture, woodstove, hundreds of gallons of paint, ect. My mother lost almost every picture she had, clothes, blankets, everything she had saved up from our childhoods, and their marriage.

It kills me that I'm to far away to help him out with this.

If you could please consider donating even the smallest amount, it would mean the world to us.

Some of you have met my dad at football games, and you will meet him again at the Nova game. He is a huge SU fan.

Thanks for all the kind words.

http://www.gofundme.com/992gus

Thank you, Joyce.

I talked to my uncle today and he said "Don't worry, your dad has been through more in his life, then anyone I have ever met, and somehow always comes out of it in good spirits"

Speaking with him today, I saw that. There was only once that I spoke with him where he sounded upset, when he was listing off what was lost. Other than that, he has just sounded like my dad.

The amount of people that have helped out so far, is remarkable. My dad has had volunteers there all day.

Thank you to anyone who is able to donate money as well. Someday i will find a way to think everyone properly.

Toga said:
Cut him off.

That's what I thought... Lol but, if they haven't cut me off yet, I can't cut him off. My only stipulation when they asked me to do this on the weekends "I won't do it sober"

We tried to get through this without asking for assistance.. It's just looking like it isn't possible. I know I've gotten a lot from this board, and I appreciate it so much, but I need to ask for one more favor.

My dad lost just about everything he had in this flood. Vehicles, tools, motorcycles, furniture, woodstove, hundreds of gallons of paint, ect. My mother lost almost every picture she had, clothes, blankets, everything she had saved up from our childhoods, and their marriage.

It kills me that I'm to far away to help him out with this.

If you could please consider donating even the smallest amount, it would mean the world to us.
Some of you have met my dad at football games, and you will meet him again at the Nova game. He is a huge SU fan.

Thanks for all the kind words.

http://www.gofundme.com/992gus

Sorry you're going through this and happy to help out at least a little. I can certainly empathize and know first hand the devastation flooding can cause. Three years later and my community is still struggling to recover, Stay strong! Here's a photo that appeared in our local paper during cleanup in 2011. I was lucky - only 4 feet of muddy water in my basement. Dozens of others lost everything. Recognize the shirt?
Flood day.jpg

Consigliere said:
Sorry you're going through this and happy to help out at least a little. I can certainly empathize and know first hand the devastation flooding can cause. Three years later and my community is still struggling to recover, Stay strong! Here's a photo that appeared in our local paper during cleanup in 2011. I was lucky - only 4 feet of muddy water in my basement. Dozens of others lost everything. Recognize the shirt?

You're the man brotha

Ps- worked 8-5, tended bar 7-5, woke up at 8:30 for the heart walk = cusetroop will read your post again later. :) I got figure out where I know that shirt from!

TexanMark said:
Adam--donated. Tell your Dad to hang in there...hope he can recover most of what he had. Looking forward to seeing him this Fall.

Mark, thanks man. You were the first person on this board to ever PM me "hey fort drum, if you ever need a ride to a football game,I'll scoop ya up" that was the reason I stuck around on this board. My dad's always has a blast sitting in your seats. Means a lot man. My uncle came and got the drag bike tonight, he's pretty sure he can get it running again[/QUOTE]

Orangeyes said:
Had a visitor from the board today that I just met. Told him about what happened to your dad. He is is gong to PM you about some help he can provide.

OE, thank you. There's two things I've been praying for the last couple days... For my town, and for you to get out of that damn hospital. Feel better brother, let me known if there is anything we can do for you.