Please Pray | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Please Pray

I'm not a praying person, but I certainly wish all the best for your daughter. I have two daughters and I value their health and happiness above all else, even SU basketball. Just over a year ago, the older one added a granddaughter to the mix, so the new little one is added to the above all else team. Again, I wish the best for your daughter and your family.

Jarhead - I remember praying for your daugther years ago shortly after I became a member of this board in its other form. My family will certainly pray for your daughter tonight. I am confident that everything will work out fine. God Bless you and Brooke.

View attachment 8721
For my Daughter Brooke. On Monday she is haveing Spinal Fussion surgery to correct her scoliosis( see XRay above). It is an intense surgery that will last between 8-11 hours. They first have to break her back by seperating all her vertabray. They then will place a metal rod thrue her affected vertabray. Then they will do a bone graf off of her hips. Then they will fuse all of her vertabray together makeing one solid back bone.

Complacating this surgery is her type one Diabeaties. When she first came down with her Diabeates in 2003. I posted a smilar message on the board and after several days in the ICU she pulled thru. The power of the board and prayer is awesome!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Jim- My mother just had this same exact surgery last Monday. Prayers with you. Please let me know if you have any questions. This is actually the 2nd time it's been done to my mother.

Prayers and hugs. Good thoughts and good karma, all heading your way. I don't think there is anything scarier than watching your child go through something like this. I pray for the best possible outcome for her and strength and peace for you and the rest of your family.

View attachment 8721
For my Daughter Brooke. On Monday she is haveing Spinal Fussion surgery to correct her scoliosis( see XRay above). It is an intense surgery that will last between 8-11 hours. They first have to break her back by seperating all her vertabray. They then will place a metal rod thrue her affected vertabray. Then they will do a bone graf off of her hips. Then they will fuse all of her vertabray together makeing one solid back bone.

Complacating this surgery is her type one Diabeaties. When she first came down with her Diabeates in 2003. I posted a smilar message on the board and after several days in the ICU she pulled thru. The power of the board and prayer is awesome!

Will do. You'll make it through what will be one of the longest days in your life. My daughter had 2 rods (with 28 screws) inserted in her back over 10 years ago. Her complication was CP. The hardest part is sitting in that waiting room all that time. Her operation lasted a well over 6 hours but her recovery room time was extended much longer (due to sensitivity to anesthesia). Think about how much better she'll be after the surgery.

Prayers and hugs. Good thoughts and good karma, all heading your way. I don't think there is anything scarier than watching your child go through something like this. I pray for the best possible outcome for her and strength and peace for you and the rest of your family.
So true she is doing better than I am! Their is no such thing as as bad a$$ Marine when your kids are in pain. Espacally when It's your Little Girl.

You bet buddy! Stay stong
View attachment 8721

Jim,

Brooke and you entire family are in our prayers.. I'm sure Brooke is a fighter like her dad!!!

View attachment 8721

We're with you, Jim.

Consider this: With all she has to go through, and with your support, she will grow up to be incredibly strong and courageous. We all expect great things from her.

View attachment 8721

That is an unusual xray and the surgery is amazing. May your daughter become a satisfied fan for many years to come. People complain about the high cost of medicine. It is indeed high but what better way to use our wealth than to improve medicine? Lowering cost should not be done at the expense of lowering medical progress. The fact that medicine comes to take up a larger percentage of family expenses is OK with me. After food and shelter, what is more important than good health? Medical progress is expensive but life is priceless. Via con dios.

View attachment 8721

Prayers will be delivered. Best wishes to Brooke for a full and speedy recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom