Please Pray | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Please Pray

JarHeadJim said:
For my Daughter Brooke. On Monday she is haveing Spinal Fussion surgery to correct her scoliosis( see XRay above). It is an intense surgery that will last between 8-11 hours. They first have to break her back by seperating all her vertabray. They then will place a metal rod thrue her affected vertabray. Then they will do a bone graf off of her hips. Then they will fuse all of her vertabray together makeing one solid back bone.

Complacating this surgery is her type one Diabeaties. When she first came down with her Diabeates in 2003. I posted a smilar message on the board and after several days in the ICU she pulled thru. The power of the board and prayer is awesome!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

You and your daughter have all my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Thought and prayer are with your family and Brooke. Have a speedy recovery Brooke!
I will be having a neck fusion on March 20th (1st day of my favorite event)-2 disks replaced and fusion-it scares the hell out of me. Evidently, these operations are more common than I ever thought they were and that gives me some comfort.

Looking forward to seeing the "after" x-ray.
It goes a little something like this (btw, I got this one from the man himself).
Go Brooke!
thumbsxray.jpg

View attachment 8721
For my Daughter Brooke. On Monday she is haveing Spinal Fussion surgery to correct her scoliosis( see XRay above). It is an intense surgery that will last between 8-11 hours. They first have to break her back by seperating all her vertabray. They then will place a metal rod thrue her affected vertabray. Then they will do a bone graf off of her hips. Then they will fuse all of her vertabray together makeing one solid back bone.

Complacating this surgery is her type one Diabeaties. When she first came down with her Diabeates in 2003. I posted a smilar message on the board and after several days in the ICU she pulled thru. The power of the board and prayer is awesome!

Jim, my family will keep Brooke and you in our prayers for the next week. I'm hoping that the surgery will transform Brookes life and that of your family as well.

View attachment 8721

I had that same surgery when I was in 6th grade. I had scoliosis due to spina bifida. They took one of my ribs (instead of my hip). It is an intense surgery (well from what I hear - I was asleep the whole time :) ) but I made it through just fine and I'm sure Brooke will too! Prayers to you Jim!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom