Poll - Are You a Bills Fan... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll - Are You a Bills Fan...

Are you a Bills Fan

• 1. Yes

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • 2. No

Votes: 65 64.4%

• Total voters
Yep...In fact Cuse basketball and Bills football sit atop my sports teams fanaticism list. Cuse football and the Yankees are on the next level then the Devils. Been a crazy sports day in this guys life..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, and the past 13 have been very tough. Just before the beginning of the end of SU football. They seem to go in the same cycle, so, let's hope Doug gets it going there and we can continue to ride on the success he brought here.

Not a fan for the past 30 years ... mysteriously the same period SU kids have been absent from the Bills' roster.

Marone can change that ... by adding some SU talent. If he does that, I might start following the team.

Packers, but I took to rooting for the Bills while up in Cuse and they'll definitely be my AFC rooting interest while Doug is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a Bills fan. Never was, never will be.

Just adding my two cents, by no means at all do you have to like the bills but to hate on Buffalo is ignorant. Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo are "triplets". The cities have the same culture and same problems. They all are on their way back. Syracuse will never be NYC, it will always however be like Buffalo. Most of us are either from WNY/CNY or went to college there we should support are fellow upstate cities.

I know the Bills are bad and they deserved to be laughed at, but I don't get how a person raised in Syracuse relates more to NYC than Rochester/Buffalo.

Sorry, it's always bugged me on this board.

Just adding my two cents, by no means at all do you have to like the bills but to hate on Buffalo is ignorant. Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo are "triplets". The cities have the same culture and same problems. They all are on their way back. Syracuse will never be NYC, it will always however be like Buffalo. Most of us are either from WNY/CNY or went to college there we should support are fellow upstate cities.

I know the Bills are bad and they deserved to be laughed at, but I don't get how a person raised in Syracuse relates more to NYC than Rochester/Buffalo.

100% exactly the reason I am a Bills fan. I couldn't have said it better myself. Being in my younger 20's, most of my friends who are fans of either the Jets or Giants for reasons other then being born into it only root for the NYC teams because of the success they have had. No one wants to be associated with a loser, just look at the community support for SU football vs. SU basketball.

Some of us were to young to see the great Bills teams of the 90's, but rather the Jets and Giants consistently making the playoffs and in the case of the Giants, Super Bowls. I have no doubt that if the Bills had more success then a 13 year playoff drought, a couple semi-recent AFC East crowns, and made the playoffs say 3-4 times a decade that the fan base in Syracuse amongst people my age would be exponentially higher. It's the sad reality of being a Bills fan. Hopefully Marrone can point them in the right direction as he did here at SU.

I have the utmost respect for you OrangeBlood

Vikings fan since 1970. I pull for the Bills, Giants not Jets. Loved it When Giants had Joe Morris.:)

Yes. No choice, born in Buffalo. Being a Bills fan is a curse I will live with until the day the move. When that happens I'll give up watching the NFL.

It's definitely true and logic tells me I should support them. I support them because my friends too. I don't really care one way or another.

While the cities are all similar - same people, same grocery store, burned out downtown, the farther west you go the more you get looked down on. Ie people from Rochester think they are better than people from Syracuse. People from buffalo think they are better than people from rochester.

I get what you are saying, but here's my $.02. I went to school in Buffalo, and spent quite a bit of time there years ago. The reality is, for years, Buffalo could give a rats ass about Syracuse. In fact, most of the time, many of the locals rooted against Syracuse for several reasons, private prima donna (JAP) school, hated JB, etc., it ran the gamut. This stems back & even prior to the Christian Laettner, Curtis Aiken & Cliff Robinson days...and I do not think a lot has really changed...I always found this ill-will towards Syracuse very odd, but it was my general experiences. It's almost as Upstate NY is separated by regions/providences when it comes to its sports teams, where each area (Central, Western, etc.) is separate/independent from the other...

Absolutely not.

That franchise can rot as far as I'm concerned.

Yes huge Bills fan, so looks like im with Marrone for at least a few more years.

I get what you are saying, but here's my $.02. I went to school in Buffalo, and spent quite a bit of time there years ago. The reality is, for years, Buffalo could give a rats ass about Syracuse. In fact, most of the time, many of the locals rooted against Syracuse for several reasons, private prima donna (JAP) school, hated JB, etc., it ran the gamut. This stems back & even prior to the Christian Laettner, Curtis Aiken & Cliff Robinson days...and I do not think a lot has really changed...I always found this ill-will towards Syracuse very odd, but it was my general experiences. It's almost as Upstate NY is separated by regions/providences when it comes to its sports teams, where each area (Central, Western, etc.) is separate/independent from the other...

Completely understand your post, I would just say, from growing up in Buffalo, I would say that Syracuse basketball is the most popular college team.. Maybe with my Dad being an alum and then me being on the hill I see things through Orange glasses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom