POLL: Schedule Yukon Again? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

POLL: Schedule Yukon Again?

Schedule Yukon Again?

• Total voters
Very disturbing news. Now you might need to do a special side trip to New Haven for a pizza tour instead. I understand that is one thing our friends from the Nutmeg State do very well.

At this point it should be clear that UConn football is not a threat to Syracuse. They aren’t going to get to the point where they can beat us. Those days are over, and with UConn committed to the ZBE, that isn’t going to change.

We shouldn’t be worried about helping them escape death as a program.

We should be looking for what is best for us. If scheduling UConn in a 2 for 1 or a 2 for 0 is possible and turns out to be a better deal for us than say, scheduling Western Michigan in a 2 for 1, I have no problem doing it. Us playing them once in a while isn’t going to have a big impact on their bottom line.

This ^^^^^

Says it all. Let them die on the vine.

They are going to have a very hard time filling out a schedule, especially in November, let alone be competitive. My point is why help them? Why pay them for games? Why give them a chance at a trophy scalp? I just don't see the point. We never were rivals in football. Why give them any lifeline for their athletic department?
Because there is a pretty good chance that they’ll do what we want, and we should act in our best interest.

To be clear, is playing them isn’t giving them a lifeline. Them giving us +2-1, 1-0-1, etc. deals very much benefits us.