Poll: Tailgating '24 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Tailgating '24

What Are Your Top Two Away Games For 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually been to all 4 . Guess it depends what your looking for.
Raleigh = Golf
BC = Boston (Nice city to spend weekend)
Pitt= Pittsburgh( underrated city IMO. )
UConn= Short Drive

Oddly, I hadn't ever been to Pittsburgh, until my kid's hockey tournament brought me there 2 years ago. Agree, very underrated city. Scenic, great food/bars, plenty to do (both with kids or without). Went to a Penguins game, that was a pretty wild crowd. I'd like to go back in the summer, check out the Pirates stadium. It was freezing when we went.

When does the schedule get released?

1. Pitt - Closest to home. Always go to this one.
2. NC State - Second closest and a nice stadium that I haven't been to in many years.
3. BC - Never been to this stadium and wife has never been to Boston. Far though.
4. UCONN - went last time and far away.
GeauxSU will release his guide to Boston for all first-time visitors. Behold!
https-3A-2F-2Fbosoxinjection-com-2Fwp-content-2Fuploads-2Fgetty-images-2F2022-2F12-2F1193947518-850x560-82b8d7046b47e0e31550e30022f48c75.jpg

Oddly, I hadn't ever been to Pittsburgh, until my kid's hockey tournament brought me there 2 years ago. Agree, very underrated city. Scenic, great food/bars, plenty to do (both with kids or without). Went to a Penguins game, that was a pretty wild crowd. I'd like to go back in the summer, check out the Pirates stadium. It was freezing when we went.
Agreed. Went to Pittsburgh for the first time last summer for a concert. Was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.

Oh...and you definitely need a GPS. Getting around the city of Pittsburgh is confusing.

Oh...and you definitely need a GPS. Getting around the city of Pittsburgh is confusing.

When we were there, there was some major construction on the highway into the city from the west (we were staying near the airport). Waze was sending me through some neighborhoods that looked like something out of The Deer Hunter. Lots of hills and deserted looking towns. It was kinda weird and funny at the same time.

When we were there, there was some major construction on the highway into the city from the west (we were staying near the airport). Waze was sending me through some neighborhoods that looked like something out of The Deer Hunter. Lots of hills and deserted looking towns. It was kinda weird and funny at the same time.
The Deer Hunter was filmed in Clairton, PA just outside of Pittsburgh so it's very possible you were literally in the neighborhood from Deer Hunter.

The Deer Hunter was filmed in Clairton, PA just outside of Pittsburgh so it's very possible you were literally in the neighborhood from Deer Hunter.

Ha, no. That's to the southeast, and I would have recognized the bar.

But all those towns are very similar. Went through two or three of them and there were absolutely no signs of life.

Ha, no. That's to the southeast, and I would have recognized the bar.

But all those towns are very similar. Went through two or three of them and there were absolutely no signs of life.
I think the wedding scene in that movie was longer than my actual wedding.

I think the wedding scene in that movie was longer than my actual wedding.

They drank Rolling Rocks from about 9 am on the wedding day until about 5 pm the next day. A solid 36 straight hours.

Shiloh/Mt. Washington area is a trendy, avant garde, eclectic section. Stayed in an Air BNB there for 22 Pitt game, 9-19 loss, CDRW played QB for injured Garrett. Great bars, restaurants, shops.

Last edited:
Hope it's more organized tailgate than bar rental 2 drink ticket type thing...
You never know...the one they did at NCSt (Backyard Bistro) was awesome. I expect something closer to hor d'ouerves and two drinks at Cal.

I'm not opposed to going to Cal but I don't expect I'll ever do a tailgate prep there.

I possibly might organize a ticket buy for 20 to 40 folks though.

The Burgers are always top notch. Their fries are good but not spectacular
thats why its interesting that i have been to one probably 5-6 times and never had a good burger..

had a good burger at Johnny rockets the other day though.

thats why its interesting that i have been to one probably 5-6 times and never had a good burger..

had a good burger at Johnny rockets the other day though.
Did you like the old Carrol's Club Burger?

Next time there order Double-Double Animal Style off the hidden menu.

Reminds me of an old Club Burger

have to try and remember that, but then in vegas a lot of stuff becomes fuzzy.

The Burgers are always top notch. Their fries are good but not spectacular
Agree, plus you gotta eat the fries right away. Their shelf life is about 3 minutes.

Those Club Burgers were what got me started on Thousand Island dressing on a burger.