Polls (3/28/16): Media #7, Coaches #7 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (3/28/16): Media #7, Coaches #7

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Cascade/Maverik Media Poll: Undefeated Yale is New No. 1

Yale (7-0) has taken over as the top team in the Cascade/Maverik Media Poll for Week 7.

The Bulldogs topped Princeton 11-10 over the weekend, keeping their pristine record in tact. Yale was No. 1 in Quint's ballot.

But, shake-ups at the midseason point have made not only the back half of the poll difficult, but also the Top 5. Denver drops to No. 4 after its loss to Penn State. Notre Dame is at No. 2 but receives one more first-place vote than Yale, and Brown (6-0) at No. 3 has five first-place votes.

A huge Tuesday night tilt this week has No. 3 Brown at No. 6 Villanova.

Elsewhere, Boston University and Penn State enter the Top 20. Air Force jumps from No. 20 to No. 13 and has won eight straight.

1 Yale (7-0) 534 (10)
2 Notre Dame (6-1) 522 (11)
3 Brown (6-0) 509 (5)
4 Denver (7-1) 497 (2)
5 Maryland (5-2) 447 (0)
6 Villanova (6-1) 415 (0)
7 Syracuse (5-2) 365 (0)

USILA/Nike DI Coaches' Poll: Yale No. 1; Villanova Enters Top 5

The USILA/Nike Coaches' Poll has been released for Week 7.

Like the media poll, the coaches' votes see big changes in the Top 5. First, Yale (7-0) takes the No. 1 spot. Notre Dame, though, is just behind earning nine first-place votes. Brown and Denver follow, making up the top tier.

Villanova is up to No. 5 in the coaches' poll — a spot higher than the media — for its highest position ever. That sets up a Top 5 matchup with Brown on Tuesday afternoon.

Penn State (No. 18) and Penn (No. 20) enter this week's poll.

1 Yale (7-0) 405 (11)
2 Notre Dame (6-1) 393 (9)
3 Brown (6-0) 375 (1)
4 Denver (7-1) 372 (0)
5 Villanova (6-1) 322 (0)
6 Maryland (5-2) 321 (0)
7 Syracuse (5-2) 260 (0)

Last edited:
Safe to say the lacrosse world is changing... radically.

There used to be a "Top 5" and everyone else.

Now there's a "Top 10" and a "Second 10" and everyone else.

Over 2500 HS are now offering Boy's LAX. Plenty of talented kids to go around. Almost too many.

When I went to high school in my town in NJ there was no such thing as lacrosse. Now there is local fighting going on because we don't have enough field space to accommodate demand in the spring. The numbers are likely to continue increasing, too.

When I went to high school in my town in NJ there was no such thing as lacrosse. Now there is local fighting going on because we don't have enough field space to accommodate demand in the spring. The numbers are likely to continue increasing, too.

20 years ago, the only LAX HS hotbeds were CNY, LI, and the DMV.

Now there are decent HS programs and great club teams down South, throughout the Midwest, and all over the West Coast.

20 years ago, the only LAX HS hotbeds were CNY, LI, and the DMV.

Now there are decent HS programs and great club teams down South, throughout the Midwest, and all over the West Coast.
Baltimore was miles in front of the rest of the DMV. It was a really big thing (in the 80s? 90s?) when a DC private finally beat one of the traditional Balto private school powers. I want to say it was Landon of Bethesda beating Boys Latin, but am not 100% sure. Few, if any, DC-metro public schools (on either side of the River) could beat a Baltimore-area public school boys team. The Howard County (halfway between DC and Balto) and Anne Arundel County (Annapolis-area) schools' teams are much better than the ones from the close-in DC suburbs and usually win the Md playoffs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom