Poor projections in this mock draft for our two early entrants | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Poor projections in this mock draft for our two early entrants

It's interesting. When JB came out after Ennis announced he was leaving and said,

"I think he is a great college player, but I think physically he could have used another year,” Boeheim said. “I think when you get to the NBA, you need to be as physically ready as you can be, so I think Tyler could have benefited from another year, but certainly he is a tremendous player and a very smart point guard.” "I think point guard is probably the hardest position to break into in the NBA … but he has the skill set to be able to do that … it’s just a question of landing in the right place.”

Some people were very critical of JB.

I didn't hear anyone say maybe he was doing it because he (JB) was given the advice that Tyler was unlikely to be selected as highly as Tyler hopes he will be and he was trying to protect the program. In other words if you have a string of one and dones that leave early and our drafted in the top 5 - 10 it creates great recruiting buzz and momentum. If you have guys that start leaving early and fall out of the first round or go much later than what everyone expects it doesn't create great buzz and may actually do the reverse if people perceive that JB didn't give the proper advice.

Is every link to a draft prediction for 2 more months going to start the same fights over and over again on whether Ennis'/Grant's draft orders are rated too high or too low ? They are all just opinions just like each of your own, so why get defensive? Regardless, both young men will be worth more than I am and probably anyone else (other than rrlbees) in 2 months.:cool:

Syracuse basketball in 2014 NBA mock drafts: Tyler Ennis all over first round, Jerami Grant holds steady in 18-22 range

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2014/04/syracuse_basketball_in_2014_nba_mock_drafts.html
Chris Mannix SI.com, "Ennis isn't especially athletic or particularly accurate from deep (35.3 percent), but he thrives in the pick-and-roll and, well, the last 'Cuse playmaker to come into the draft turned out to be pretty good."

This says it all about mock drafts. Not especially athletic? Agreed. Not particularly accurate from deep? Agreed, but he shoots well enough for a PG imo. "Thrives in the pick and roll?" Really? SU's offense was thriving this year? The last Cuse playmaker...turned out petty good? That's a reason to draft Ennis? Because MCW turned out pretty good? :crazy:

cuseincincy said:
Chris Mannix SI.com, "Ennis isn't especially athletic or particularly accurate from deep (35.3 percent), but he thrives in the pick-and-roll and, well, the last 'Cuse playmaker to come into the draft turned out to be pretty good." This says it all about mock drafts. Not especially athletic? Agreed. Not particularly accurate from deep? Agreed, but he shoots well enough for a PG imo. "Thrives in the pick and roll?" Really? SU's offense was thriving this year? The last Cuse playmaker...turned out petty good? That's a reason to draft Ennis? Because MCW turned out pretty good? :crazy:

It's kinda sad the one positive they bring up about him isn't even true.

It's kinda sad the one positive they bring up about him isn't even true.

Yeah. We couldn't run the high pick and roll this season in large part because the point guard couldn't master it.

It's such a lazy analysis; even our guy Bilas fell into that while talking about transition earlier this year. Just because Syracuse is traditionally good at something doesn't necessarily mean we did it well this season. The talking heads need to watch the games.

Huh? Collison could have gone 40th and it would not have changed anything I said.

So then I don't understand your point. I'm not sure what the NBA sees in him that merits a high draft pick. So he can run a offense in college? That's worth a lottery pick? I figure non-playoff teams have higher priorities on their boards than drafting a backup point.

docsu said:
So then I don't understand your point. I'm not sure what the NBA sees in him that merits a high draft pick. So he can run a offense in college? That's worth a lottery pick? I figure non-playoff teams have higher priorities on their boards than drafting a backup point.

The key is that he ran a bad offense in college. I don't think anybody here can say they loved our offense this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom