Portland Carmelo | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

Yes. Played his best all-around game of the year tonight for a ridiculously undermanned team.

Yep. Was it me or was that undermanned unit playing better than the healthy version all year? Kanter is really underated. He and Melo play well off eachother.

Yep. Was it me or was that undermanned unit playing better than the healthy version all year? Kanter is really underated. He and Melo play well off eachother.
Kanter has always been a solid offensive player but is one of the worst defenders you will find. He gets picked and rolled to death often when he's in. But offensively yes, he puts up numbers. Tough to balance it all.

And no... they are definitely not better without Lillard (not that that was what you implied, but still).

Nice win for Portland.

Kanter has always been a solid offensive player but is one of the worst defenders you will find. He gets picked and rolled to death often when he's in. But offensively yes, he puts up numbers. Tough to balance it all.

And no... they are definitely not better without Lillard (not that that was what you implied, but still).

Nice win for Portland.

Kanter isn't a good defender but is an excellent rebounder. I'm not saying they are better without Dame just saying they played as well as any game this season with the unit that was out there tonight.

That was like some kind of miracle tonight. I'm not sure that unit would win that game again if they played it 15 more times.

Kanter isn't a good defender but is an excellent rebounder. I'm not saying they are better without Dame just saying they played as well as any game this season with the unit that was out there tonight.
Strange games sometimes happen. That's my explanation... haha.

He's currently 13th all-time, 13 points behind Oscar at 12th. He's averaging 12.6 points per game, so decent chance he'll do it tomorrow night in the Blazers next game at Knicks. If he maintains his current average (and not too many games get cancelled), good chance he could be somewhere between Hayes and Olajuwon at season end.

1612550489751.png

Bet Melo is shooting for being in the top 10. If he scores another 250 points this season, he will be 11th just ahead of Olajuwon and need only 400 points next year to be ahead of Hayes and just 500 points to be ahead of Moses Malone to be 9th In all time scoring. He’s scored 251 points so far in 20 games this year so if he stays healthy, it’s very doable. (He scored 895 points last year in 58 games)

Bet Melo is shooting for being in the top 10. If he scores another 250 points this season, he will be 11th just ahead of Olajuwon and need only 400 points next year to be ahead of Hayes and just 500 points to be ahead of Moses Malone to be 9th In all time scoring. He’s scored 251 points so far in 20 games this year so if he stays healthy, it’s very doable. (He scored 895 points last year in 58 games)

Needs to play at least another year to get into that range -- very achievable, provided he scores at least in the ~12 ppg range over that span.

He's having a nice late-career resurgence. Portland has been a great situation for him. Glad his career didn't stall after the unceremonious way Houston handled him -- that would have put a really sour note on his overall career / accomplishments. Him getting into the top 10 for all time scoring enhances his legacy, and puts that nonsense squarely in the rear view mirror / relegates it to a footnote on his overall career instead of it being his epitaph.

Needs to play at least another year to get into that range -- very achievable, provided he scores at least in the ~12 ppg range over that span.

He's having a nice late-career resurgence. Portland has been a great situation for him. Glad his career didn't stall after the unceremonious way Houston handled him -- that would have put a really sour note on his overall career / accomplishments. Him getting into the top 10 for all time scoring enhances his legacy, and puts that nonsense squarely in the rear view mirror / relegates it to a footnote on his overall career instead of it being his epitaph.
Yeah, Houston throwing him under the bus + taking a while to land with another team + losing games to the pandemic has cost Melo some career points.

Carmelo passed Oscar Robinson last night to move into 12th place all time on the career scoring list. He now trails Hakeem Olajuwon by 224 points to move him to 11th all time.

At his current ppg average he would move up to 9th at the end of this year. My guess is that he finishes his career 8th. At least until guys like Durant/Harden and Curry enter the mix.
Only Hakeem is in reach this year. As for new guys moving up the list, they will all need to be blessed with good health and longevity to reach these levels, and most probably won't get there.

Only Hakeem is in reach this year. As for new guys moving up the list, they will all need to be blessed with good health and longevity to reach these levels, and most probably won't get there.

There are 49 games left. If he averages out his current ppg at 12.5 that is 612 which would put him ahead of Hayes and not far from Malone. I was doing 82 vs 72 by error but again Hayes is very much in reach. Malone too if Melo bumps numbers up higher.

There are 49 games left. If he averages out his current ppg at 12.5 that is 612 which would put him ahead of Hayes and not far from Malone. I was doing 82 vs 72 by error but again Hayes is very much in reach. Malone too if Melo bumps numbers up higher.
I'm not expecting he will bump up his scoring average significantly as the season wears on and some of their injured players make it back, nor do I think he will end up only missing a few more games.

I'm not expecting he will bump up his scoring average significantly as the season wears on and some of their injured players make it back, nor do I think he will end up only missing a few more games.

Either way I do think 8 would be where he lands end of his career. Even if he plays two more years after this one i don't think he breaks past Wilt.

Durant is at 23471 right now. He definitely could jump a ways but as noted health is key. He already has faced at least one major injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom