Position-by-position breakdown, with short / long term prognosis for each unit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Position-by-position breakdown, with short / long term prognosis for each unit

Ruff is interesting to me. Came in with some of the highest expectations and has been moved to the position that seems to carry the least importance in our new offense. We need bodies on D more than we do at TE.

Ruff is interesting to me. Came in with some of the highest expectations and has been moved to the position that seems to carry the least importance in our new offense. We need bodies on D more than we do at TE.

I'm wondering how closely Ruff's resembles Luke Arcinega's. Big kid who originally projects at LB, staff gets a look at him first hand and decides that he's a bit too "slow" for the position and maybe not fluid enough to handle the coverage responsibilities of a MLB in the Tampa 2, so they shift him to DE -- where his burst is more than adequate.

He's too short to be a full time TE, I'd expect him back at DE eventually. Need to find this kid a home.

Do we have any idea if Custis and Womack are redshirting? I'm optimistic about Michael Clark as a tackle down the road and it will be interesting to see how the inside of the OL shapes up next year. Byrne, Heckel, Adams, Roberts. Don't know if Clausman takes a step forward, but should definitely be able to keep redshirting incoming OL, let's hope. Has Heckel been forced into action yet?

I'm guessing that redshirts like Duering and Adams are going to get force fed some minutes at OG moving forward, in light of recent developments.

I like the youth and potential in the OL. I do think we need to hit the JUCO market hard for DEs and DBs. Those positions needs help immediately. The rest of the roster has youth and I trust Dino's recruiting. Especially to bring in WR and skill guys.

I like the youth and potential in the OL. I do think we need to hit the JUCO market hard for DEs and DBs. Those positions needs help immediately. The rest of the roster has youth and I trust Dino's recruiting. Especially to bring in WR and skill guys.
Marquise Blair...come on down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom