Position of Concern for Next Year | Syracusefan.com

Position of Concern for Next Year

mlbball99

2nd String
I don't think this is talked about, but I am legitimately concerned about the Wide Receiver position.

We are losing
-Amba
-Bris
-Ace (Alvin Cornellius)

and I wouldn't enitrely rule out Steve Ish going to the NFL this year.

Who will our WR depth chart be?
WR1: Steve Ish
WR2: Erv Phillips
WR3: Jamal Custis
W4: Adly Enoicy
WR5: Sean Riley
WR: Devin Butler

That doesn't look that good.

Two positions- o-line and defensive end. I think it has been shown how much better this offense can be when it can run the ball effectively and protect the QB, and how much better the defense can be when it can bring pressure.

Butler played this year and Enoicy did not. Custis is never going to amount to much (would love to be wrong, but body of work speaks for itself.) Of the five incoming frosh, there's plenty of opportunity to play.

everything people have said have Custis and Butler as play makers next year. Riley showed well in limited times on the field. I think at least one FR can play at least as much as him.. Still need a real #1 but maybe Custis or Butler can be that?

Even Babers has made comments about how much they though Custis would have helped this year and was really showing well as the 2-3rd best WR in camp.

I don't think this is talked about, but I am legitimately concerned about the Wide Receiver position.

We are losing
-Amba
-Bris
-Ace (Alvin Cornellius)

Not concerned at all about WR.

- the staff turned Phillips and Estime into really good receivers
- Rumors out of camp was Custis was #3 outside WR
- They really like Butler
- lots of WR recruits that look like good fits hand picked by the staff
- Why would Ish leave?
- if any P5 grad transfer WR will look here

Butler played this year and Enoicy did not. Custis is never going to amount to much (would love to be wrong, but body of work speaks for itself.) Of the five incoming frosh, there's plenty of opportunity to play.

Think you're wrong about Custis.

I probably know as little about this as anyone here, but it stands to reason that they wouldn't have redshirted Custis if they didn't think he can be an asset. If he wasn't going to amount to much, they'd be nudging him out the door as quickly as possible.

I probably know as little about this as anyone here, but it stands to reason that they wouldn't have redshirted Custis if they didn't think he can be an asset. If he wasn't going to amount to much, they'd be nudging him out the door as quickly as possible.
I have nothing to base on anything. Just feel like we've seen this movie before- great in practice, doesn't do much on the field. Would love to be wrong, and he still has two more years.

I think RB. I really want to believe Markenzy Pierre comes in and is ready to go. Seems like a steal. Also: OL unless they get a lot better at run blocking.

I think we are solid on both lines. yes, we could use 1 guy each on the interior and outside to contribute right away. he had plenty of guys get alot of snaps as frosh this year. they learned on the job and ot showed but I think we have a stable of young, talented DE's. the interior line is solid and an asset, add in mckinley Williams . CB and Safety are the biggest needs. love cordy and Ellison but while they bring the lumber, they are out of position in pass coverage . i also think our oline is gonna be really good the next few years. thats the only position where we actually stockpiled some size and talent .

We are losing
-Amba
-Bris
-Ace (Alvin Cornellius)

Don't forget about Moe Neal and possibly Dontae Strickland moving to Slot/WR. Babers wanted all the best athletes on the field even if these two are more natural as WRs than RBs.

I also think we have 4 OL redshirting this year and a couple DLs as well. I do agree in getting 2 JUCOs one at DE and one at the safety positions that can start or be on the 2 deep right away.

Last edited:
What? Why?
I think he is a nice mid tier div1 player. with big year next year he may get a decent draft, look back at least years draft and slot him. you have to go 5-6th round before you even start to find guy he might compete with. Look at Hill from West Alabama who took over the game last night.

if you look at many projections now AT isnt even listed top 5 rounds yet. He needs to test well to get into the 5th round or higher and he has much better measurables than Ish right now.

unless he wants out and wants to be a FA, why would he go to the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom