Position of Concern for Next Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Position of Concern for Next Year

I will go defensive side of ball is biggest concern...need corners, safeties and depth...our linebackers are good but 2 are injured and I heard somewhere that they could even be held out of Springball and our d-line needs depth, speed and strength (Mr Clark and Mr Slayton excluded)...To be clear I don't care to much about scheme right now...we need a bodies, healing and speed...

I think he is a nice mid tier div1 player. with big year next year he may get a decent draft, look back at least years draft and slot him. you have to go 5-6th round before you even start to find guy he might compete with. Look at Hill from West Alabama who took over the game last night.

if you look at many projections now AT isnt even listed top 5 rounds yet. He needs to test well to get into the 5th round or higher and he has much better measurables than Ish right now.

unless he wants out and wants to be a FA, why would he go to the NFL.

Misinterpreted. I thought you meant he might transfer.

I don't think this is talked about, but I am legitimately concerned about the Wide Receiver position.

We are losing
-Amba
-Bris
-Ace (Alvin Cornellius)

and I wouldn't enitrely rule out Steve Ish going to the NFL this year.

Who will our WR depth chart be?
WR1: Steve Ish
WR2: Erv Phillips
WR3: Jamal Custis
W4: Adly Enoicy
WR5: Sean Riley
WR: Devin Butler

That doesn't look that good.

wat

My guess:

OWR: Jamal Custis/Devin Butler/Josh Palmer
OWR: Steve Ishmael/Cam Jordan/Adly Enoicy/Tyrone Perkins
IWR: Erv Phillips/Nykeim Johnson/Russell Thompson-Bishop
IWR: Moe Neal/Sean Riley/Sharod Johnson

Should be a pretty good group that will get better as the frosh start to contribute (would guess only a couple will play in 2017).

My guess:

Should be a pretty good group that will get better as the frosh start to contribute (would guess only a couple will play in 2017).
i don't think there's any chance of moe neal at WR. why would they be giving him so many carries as a tiny freshman if he wasn't part of their plans there?

QB

but we have a thread for this...

My guess:

My only concern with the OWR position is that we need people that can stretch the field. Hopefully Butler and/or Custis fit the bill because Ish is more of a possession receiver. I think Palmer has a chance to get significant PT as a true frosh.

I really like what I've seen and read about Nykeim Johnson. Looks like he is physically ready to play and has speed to burn. Very similar to Bris.

My guess:

Mostly agree. If the incoming RBs are any good, I wonder if we see Strickland in the slot.

i don't think there's any chance of moe neal at WR. why would they be giving him so many carries as a tiny freshman if he wasn't part of their plans there?

Chakka said something about getting the best athletes on the field regardless of skill position. He was behind Estime and Phillips in the slot - and he'd get more reps at RB.

My only concern with the OWR position is that we need people that can stretch the field. Hopefully Butler and/or Custis fit the bill because Ish is more of a possession receiver. I think Palmer has a chance to get significant PT as a true frosh.

I really like what I've seen and read about Nykeim Johnson. Looks like he is physically ready to play and has speed to burn. Very similar to Bris.

Butler is track team fast. If he can catch?

OL and QB, for the obvious reasons.

I'm concerned about the ability to generate pass rush from the DEs. The guys we threw to the wolves this year all return, and we add the kid from Miami to the mix. Not to suggest that this group will be optimized, but they'll be better next year.

At WR, we need to replace two downfield threats. But I like the nucleus we return. Will be interesting to see if any of the incoming frosh crack the rotation. And we always have the possibility of a 5th year transfer bolstering this unit, which I'd expect.

I'm not as worried about CB as I am other positions. Several players [including Frederick and Bradshaw] gained valuable experience this year, and we return a couple of injured guys to the mix next season. More than anything, pass rush will help this group, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom