Positive ESPN coverage | Syracusefan.com

Positive ESPN coverage

NKR1978

Living Legend
The ACC blog on ESPN is, for the first time I can remember, providing multiple articles about Syracuse...though this one is my favorite:

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/86470/florida-state-entering-defining-five-game-stretch

"The book on the Seminoles’ 2015 season begins this week in earnest with the start of a five-game stretch that includes Miami, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Syracuse and Clemson. Whether the Seminoles are legitimate contenders will be answered over the next month...

After Miami comes a resurgent Louisville, a road trip to Georgia Tech and a renewed Syracuse. The stretch ends with a road trip to Clemson, the new flavor of the week after its win against Notre Dame."

I feel like most years the coverage would include something about a breather against Syracuse before the trip to Clemson. But now, we're actually looked at as a team that can beat FSU? I'm feeling good about the team, and we'll know a ton more after Saturday, but we looked significantly better against Wake than FSU did, and we didn't play against the back up.

th

The ACC blog on ESPN is, for the first time I can remember, providing multiple articles about Syracuse...though this one is my favorite:

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/86470/florida-state-entering-defining-five-game-stretch

"The book on the Seminoles’ 2015 season begins this week in earnest with the start of a five-game stretch that includes Miami, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Syracuse and Clemson. Whether the Seminoles are legitimate contenders will be answered over the next month...

After Miami comes a resurgent Louisville, a road trip to Georgia Tech and a renewed Syracuse. The stretch ends with a road trip to Clemson, the new flavor of the week after its win against Notre Dame."

I feel like most years the coverage would include something about a breather against Syracuse before the trip to Clemson. But now, we're actually looked at as a team that can beat FSU? I'm feeling good about the team, and we'll know a ton more after Saturday, but we looked significantly better against Wake than FSU did, and we didn't play against the back up.

Rejuvenated man. Rejuvenated.

If we win these next 2 games, especially since they are both away we will start to get some more national exposure, where analysts and football fans will be wondering and curious who is on our team and will be interested in watching us. I think this will bring a major attendance boost for the Pitt game where I would expect 40k+. If we then go 6-1, we'll be ranked or close to it and the FSU game will be prime time and that could be as big of a game as this program has had in years. If we go down to Tallahasee at 6-1 and beat them we will get Major national exposure and will definitely be ranked and who knows, maybe Dungey for Heisman talk or Shafer for Coach of the Year at that point nothing is out of the question because so little was expected from us and there would be so much to gain. I would expect that Clemson game to then be sold out. This team has so much potential and everything I just said is completely realistic in my opinion, this program has come a longgggg way. GO ORANGE!!!

It's almost like the media as a whole doesn't have an anti-Syracuse bias.
IIRC, Twerp Steve Van Pelt and Twerpette Pam Ward are the only talking heads on ESPN that didn't go to SU amirite?

If we win these next 2 games, especially since they are both away we will start to get some more national exposure, where analysts and football fans will be wondering and curious who is on our team and will be interested in watching us. I think this will bring a major attendance boost for the Pitt game where I would expect 40k+. If we then go 6-1, we'll be ranked or close to it and the FSU game will be prime time and that could be as big of a game as this program has had in years. If we go down to Tallahasee at 6-1 and beat them we will get Major national exposure and will definitely be ranked and who knows, maybe Dungey for Heisman talk or Shafer for Coach of the Year at that point nothing is out of the question because so little was expected from us and there would be so much to gain. I would expect that Clemson game to then be sold out. This team has so much potential and everything I just said is completely realistic in my opinion, this program has come a longgggg way. GO ORANGE!!!

Let's just win this next game first. Too many unknowns especially with ED coming back from a concussion - he could be off target and not finding the consistency he achieved before he went down. We also have to account for that this is his first road trip. Same goes for Erv - given that we couldn't have asked for a better schedule this year.

If special teams gets us favorable field position for most of the game along with being even or better on the turnovers, my gut tells me we win comfortably. Go Orange.

You're right, but they're all self-loathers, so it doesn't count.

Especially the PxP guy for MNF who goes on air all the time wearing SU gear and talking about Cuse sports. He's the absolute worst of the whole bunch.

Full_Rebar said:
Especially the PxP guy for MNF who goes on air all the time wearing SU gear and talking about Cuse sports. He's the absolute worst of the whole bunch.

Cmon man. He's like the last hold out.

It's a joke

Let's just win this next game first. Too many unknowns especially with ED coming back from a concussion - he could be off target and not finding the consistency he achieved before he went down. We also have to account for that this is his first road trip. Same goes for Erv - given that we couldn't have asked for a better schedule this year.

If special teams gets us favorable field position for most of the game along with being even or better on the turnovers, my gut tells me we win comfortably. Go Orange.
I agree but that's one of the points of this board is to speculate and talk about the direction the program is taking. These are all possibilities. I agree one game at a time but it's always fun to look at what can happen

Totally on board with the optimism. Hoping for 6-1!

Objectively - Shafer is 3-10 on the road (including the Met Life games.) I'll be happy with 5-2 heading into FSU. Gotta think we lose one of the road games and then beat Pitt at the Dome. Assuming of course that Dungey continues to impress and the team remains relatively healthy.

Then MAYBE we pick off either FSU or Clump at home. Paving the way to a possible 8 win season. Which would be awesome!

Cowherd took his annual shot at our program on his show today; paraphrasing on how LSU is not good, "they had a hard time with SYRACUSE!"
Ugh

Totally on board with the optimism. Hoping for 6-1!

Objectively - Shafer is 3-10 on the road (including the Met Life games.) I'll be happy with 5-2 heading into FSU. Gotta think we lose one of the road games and then beat Pitt at the Dome. Assuming of course that Dungey continues to impress and the team remains relatively healthy.

Then MAYBE we pick off either FSU or Clump at home. Paving the way to a possible 8 win season. Which would be awesome!

Wins @ Maryland and @ NC State in 2013 and @ CMU and @ Wake Forest in 2014.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom