Possible assistant coaches... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Possible assistant coaches...

I will reiterate, Acosta is not coming back.

He would like to, but the cupboard is full.

He will land on his feet. Don't be surprised to see him as a HC at a smaller school.

Rocco said:
I will reiterate, Acosta is not coming back. He would like to, but the cupboard is full. He will land on his feet. Don't be surprised to see him as a HC at a smaller school.

Anyone being retained?

Feel bad losing Acosta and wish him well in the future. I trust in Dino though.
If he wants to keep Adam feel free. As long as he doesn't coach OL he can definitely help recruiting and coach wherever Dino wants.

Tough to question a guy who’s been winning though. If you have 15 or more WR’s on a team, line up 4 wide and have inside/outside guys doing vastly different things then I can see a need. They say it's complex and relies on pre-snap reads not just from the QB but also the WR’s. There was a blurb about cutting off a route if a Corner opens up his hips to early. That to me is some serious ‘being on the same page stuff’.

Anyhow, how much different can it be than having a Safety coach AND Corner coach, or Defensive Ends AND Defensive Line, Or Tackles AND Guards. To me it’s just putting more focus on the meat of your offense so I’m on board with it.

I also like Sowder because he’s lived it, having played WR at Baylor. Can we have a better teacher for the WR’s in the Briles’ offense?

Defensively I was hoping he'd go outside to put together the defense. I want an aggressive attacking scheme and I think BG's defense is terrible. Was hoping for a homerun type DC, much like Marrone hiring Shafer.
I agree I'd also like an attacking style of defense. My only hope is that BG played the style of played because that suited the players they had on roster, and that they were hoping to transition to a more attacking style. HCXXX did mention this line of thinking in his PC. Time will tell. I guess.

I will reiterate, Acosta is not coming back.

He would like to, but the cupboard is full.

He will land on his feet. Don't be surprised to see him as a HC at a smaller school.
I'd like that more than Buttgers

I see TCU has a similar set-up while Baylor does not. So I guess we'll see.

It's my belief that a HC can get so insulated that they wind up convincing themselves that ALL of their assistant coaches walk on water. Hate it when any new coach is hired and immediately assumes all of their coaches are so good that there couldn't possibly be anyone better for 2 or 3 slots. And no, this doesn't mean they need to hire coaches who were previously there at the new gig, but sheesh. If all of your best connections are those you currently have at BG, that raises a yellow caution flag for me.

This is what appears to be happening here. So I will remain cautiously optimistic. But it's BG for crying out loud. It's not Alabama.

Cheers,
Neil

Well, I think that the fact they don't use a playbook already casts this group as a little unique. Babers has said that they run practices really fast, almost like their own conditioning tool. I like that the whole offensive group is together - that's what we want, a 40 point offense, and not just "some" of those guys, and other guys who are trying to pick things up. It's just too different.

Now, on the defensive side of the ball, BG was not that spectactular, so if there is cause for concern about being too insular with the hires, this would be the area to be concerned about, to me. I love that Will Hicks is out, though. Lots of people have been talking about him for too many years on this board.

Well, I think that the fact they don't use a playbook already casts this group as a little unique. Babers has said that they run practices really fast, almost like their own conditioning tool. I like that the whole offensive group is together - that's what we want, a 40 point offense, and not just "some" of those guys, and other guys who are trying to pick things up. It's just too different.

Now, on the defensive side of the ball, BG was not that spectactular, so if there is cause for concern about being too insular with the hires, this would be the area to be concerned about, to me. I love that Will Hicks is out, though. Lots of people have been talking about him for too many years on this board.

The guy that everyone is bashing had only 1 year at BGSU, how can you make a determination as to how good he was as a DC with only 1 year under his belt in the FBS?

The guy that everyone is bashing had only 1 year at BGSU, how can you make a determination as to how good he was as a DC with only 1 year under his belt in the FBS?
Just because we have a new staff (one that has yet to be announced or play a single game), did you honestly expect the experts here to stop complaining?

Many would find a reason to b1tch if they were the only winner in the Power Ball Lottery. Their world is always a glass half empty. Kind of sad actually.

I like the fact that these BG coaches will be getting promotions to the P5 with raises and, when they see our facilities, I think they will be wowed. It always helps to have the staff pumped up and drinking appropriate amounts of Kool-Aid!

The same way everybody determined how good Lester was as an OC.

With the exception of Doust i dont think there was one coach worth keeping given the requirement on the O side of the ball to know the Baylor O.

With the exception of Doust i dont think there was one coach worth keeping given the requirement on the O side of the ball to know the Baylor O.

based on the system, I think you are right. any outsider (to babers staff) will come on the d side of the ball for sure.

So just an update for people who don't read the whole thread. Of the 9 BG assistants how many are coming here? Do we have an idea who from anywhere else will fill any slot if not all of them are BG guys.

Good luck to Acosta and Daoust. They will likely remain in the NE and be thorns against us but I trust DB.

Chris Beatty the RB coach at UVA is on his way to Syracuse per reports