Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

That’s the point dasher was making. He wants to be the narrative.
He wants to spend his $1M the way he wants to spend his $1M. You don't see anything about his deals with Dyaisha Fair or Judah.

Just out of curiosity, assuming Leffew doesn't commit, what's the board's opinion on the next best (known) option? The kid from Xavier who just entered the portal looks like a high caliber player.

It's his money. He can do what he wants. But the University has to look out for it's interests as well.
Absolutely. It would be nice if someone could help them to a compromise. An extra million in NIL would be nice.

Just out of curiosity, assuming Leffew doesn't commit, what's the board's opinion on the next best (known) option? The kid from Xavier who just entered the portal looks like a high caliber player.
Someone we don’t know about.

I like Leffew and wouldn't demean him. But we are out of the top market.
Woah, never thought I'd hear this from you. Seems like people are finally understanding we don't have the money to compete with the big boys.

Just a joke, don't take it personally.

I’m also glad that people are starting to realize we need more NIL to be where we used to be historically and also compete with other top NIL schools (some with less historical success as us)

I know the university doesn‘t pay out NIL, but the university certainly charges us top market for tickets. They want to act big time, but they don’t play big time in the portal. You really can’t have it both ways. It’s just frustrating when you see schools who don’t play big time football shelling out money for top line players.

This is a shocking indictment of our NIL. We are offering a starting PG role and have lost more salary from last year than we’ve added (I have to assume).
But also the market increased (because most schools increased their NIL budget) so it’s harder to get the same caliber of player for the same amount of money as LY