Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

I would hope that our well known Newhouse media grads would be a great source of support too.
I wonder how many of those who are involved in sports media/announcing would be reluctant to contribute with the thought of wanting to be objective for their profession though? I can only imagine the uproar if we were playing Duke and found out the announcer was a Duke grad who had contributed a million to their collective? Just a thought.

I wonder how many of those who are involved in sports media/announcing would be reluctant to contribute with the thought of wanting to be objective for their profession though? I can only imagine the uproar if we were playing Duke and found out the announcer was a Duke grad who had contributed a million to their collective? Just a thought.
How would we know they already haven’t? Vitale, Bilas etc could all be supporters of a program and how would we know? None of our names are publicized when we give to Orange United etc. It’s not tax deductible so there’s no reason to quantify nor track publicly someone’s gifts unless they themselves volunteer it. Same as those go fund me donations, giving one’s name vs being anonymous is optional. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve seen.

Then what is Boeheim doing on the basketball side?

He’s probably doing what he was hired for which is special asst. It has fund raising as part of that job but I’m sure it’s either university or AD related.

How would we know they already haven’t? Vitale, Bilas etc could all be supporters of a program and how would we know? None of our names are publicized when we give to Orange United etc. It’s not tax deductible so there’s no reason to quantify nor tract publicly someone’s gifts unless they themselves volunteer it. Same as those go fund me donations, giving one’s name vs bring anonymous is optional. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve seen.
I don't disagree and I could be completely off base with my thinking. Maybe they just donate to Newhouse? It does seem when you have announcers who have made millions like Tirico and Costas etc, there might be potential there.

That for NIL portion of it and, as Jake made reference to, reallocating athletic dept funds to football for the in-house support portion. Seems the admin is really going all-in on football, which inevitably causes all other sports to take a hit.
Not exactly what I was referring to…will just leave it at that….

At this point, is it safe to assume Erik Reynolds is returning to St. Joe’s? Been awfully quiet on that front. If so, prob fine since he’d be out of our price range anyway…

Not exactly what I was referring to…will just leave it at that….
If it’s not donor or in-house $ then I’m not sure what you’re referring to, but it seems you don’t want to elaborate which I’ll respect. Apologies for incorrectly interpreting your words.

That for NIL portion of it and, as Jake made reference to, reallocating athletic dept funds to football for the in-house support portion. Seems the admin is really going all-in on football, which inevitably causes all other sports to take a hit.
Football is the straw that series the drink... You can take a championship level basketball program and immediately be stuck in a non entity conference like UConn and Villanova, or you can put big bucks to the football program to stay afloat and keep the big conference gravy train flowing.

This is about being one of the 32 programs that make the Conference of Champions instead of being pushed aside.

Maybe not at a backwards place that doesn’t care about retention lol Imagine thinking in a society that is normalizing salary discussions that paying someone 100K more than their same level co workers doesn’t end up costing the employer significant money or employees. This reeks of the “Why don’t people want to work” generation.
Talent is not equal therefore compensation is not equal. I don’t hire people to flip burgers. These are very competitive mid 6 figure roles. Equality is an idealistic illusion.

Think of how money was funneled to players before nil…
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Talent is not equal therefore compensation is not equal. I don’t hire people to flip burgers. These are very competitive mid 6 figure roles. Equality is an idealistic illusion.

Good luck with your next pay equity audit

He’s probably doing what he was hired for which is special asst. It has fund raising as part of that job but I’m sure it’s either university or AD related.
Fundraising = NIL.

Not the same as school or AD fundraising.
Pretty sure the AD has fundraisers at his disposal and was doing just fine with the Lally facility before JB came to this position. Are we building a new building for MBB? To my understanding, there are not as many very large needs from a basketball facility perspective. The biggest need is NIL. Period. And if the AD isn’t focused on this area then I question their vision to the future.

Incentives the lesser talent to move on
He never said the other talent wasn’t good, just that this higher paid person was worth it. The other talent could be just as good as he’s just cheaping out on appropriately compensating their workers, which will inevitably lead attrition.

im sure you’re job is very special and you’re a great judge of talent. Considering you hired a guy for 100k more though, talent level was a guess at best. You do you though, I’m not arguing the guy isn’t worth it I’m arguing you’ll lose workers over this because of your lack of understanding how hierarchy works.

He never said the other talent wasn’t good, just that this higher paid person was worth it. The other talent could be just as good as he’s just cheaping out on appropriately compensating their workers, which will inevitably lead attrition.
Incorrect