Orangeyes Daily Articles for Sunday - Postgame and Sunday Articles | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Sunday Postgame and Sunday Articles

Especially this:
"I wouldn't even get into anything about that right now," announced the unsmiling Syracuse athletic director when asked of his head coach. "You know, Scott is such a great guy. Obviously, he's trying hard and trying to keep things together. But that's for later. We can talk about those things later."

If I'm Scott Shafer reading those quotes from my AD, I'm certainly not buying any green bananas at the grocery store. That was a long, long way from a vote of confidence. My guess is that Gross has spent the last 24 hours thinking about who the possible replacements might be, and how a search might unfold. Shafer may yet survive, but based on this I would have to say the odds are against it.

If I'm Scott Shafer reading those quotes from my AD, I'm certainly not buying any green bananas at the grocery store. That was a long, long way from a vote of confidence. My guess is that Gross has spent the last 24 hours thinking about who the possible replacements might be, and how a search might unfold. Shafer may yet survive, but based on this I would have to say the odds are against it.

I'd be very disappointed if Dr Gross doesn't always have an list of potential replacements for any major opening on his staff. IMHO, he's not doing his job if he doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom