Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2

The bright side is that Jimmy, Buddy and Joey will be a year older next season. Bigger stronger faster and more experienced.
Well, I’ll give you the “more experienced”. The other three?

JB is playing 3D chess.

If we had beat FSU it's possible the earlier Q1 win would have become a Q2 win.
Instead of having zero Q1 wins against FSU we ensure ourselves of having 1 Q1 win.

You don't get on the right side of the bubble more often than not without elite strategy.

Only player not with a negative +/.
Symir at 0

worst +/- on the team.
Jimmy -7

so you know who was playing at the end of the game, y’all
Jimmy has a borderline terrible game, both offensively and especially defensively. JAB sat him for about 8 minutes, but you knew he was coming back in in the crunch. And he did have that put back layup (out last points). But how many corner threes did he get beat for today? I am gonna guess five.

Someone asked, in one of the closed threads, why anyone would want to ‘lose’ the 35ppg and x rebounds we get from the Bo-heem boys. Well, that’s just another instance where statistics don’t present an accurate story. Those combined numbers sound impressive. Until you actually watch the games. And see the resulting record.

We have an ugly team. An ugly playing style. An ugly coaching style/presence. We are not an attractive team to high quality recruits at this point, in this era.

The only saving grace is that no one outside of our own little bubble is paying attention to us. And that’s also a curse.

Jimmy doesn’t know enough to foul and then Joe with a timeout and four seconds left decides to play football. What a perfect way to lose a game what a demonstration of a team that is poorly coached in situational basketball.

I have to admit, that made me laugh for a bit. It was so confusing.

Jimmy has a borderline terrible game, both offensively and especially defensively. JAB sat him for about 8 minutes, but you knew he was coming back in in the crunch. And he did have that put back layup (out last points). But how many corner threes did he get beat for today? I am gonna guess five.

That's Edwards fault.

Someone asked, in one of the closed threads, why anyone would want to ‘lose’ the 35ppg and x rebounds we get from the Bo-heem boys. Well, that’s just another instance where statistics don’t present an accurate story. Those combined numbers sound impressive. Until you actually watch the games. And see the resulting record.

We have an ugly team. An ugly playing style. An ugly coaching style/presence. We are not an attractive team to high quality recruits at this point, in this era.

1) those are aggregate stats and 2) they are only a slice of all the stats and parts of the game.

Including, btw, 50% of the game that’s played on D.

If you play a ton of minutes and are allowed to shoot a lot and dominate the ball, you will put up stats. Someone has to.

Jimmy doesn’t know enough to foul and then Joe with a timeout and four seconds left decides to play football. What a perfect way to lose a game what a demonstration of a team that is poorly coached in situational basketball.
The last shot was so terrible (the third best boeheim shooting almost backwards?) and they immediately made me forget about that and make it so much worse

Joe after the dunk still only down 3

200.gif

I had totally overlooked that play. I guess I was already frustrated by what happened earlier that I had zoned out.

Good lord that was stupid.

This had to be said in the huddle, right?

“Okay… if we miss, we need to foul right away. Still a one possession game.”

Incredible!
Are the assistant coaches allowed in the huddles? Are they allowed to speak? I don’t count on JB to utter such wisdoms. He’s still yelling at Jesse to “catch the ball!” about a play ten minutes ago.

1) those are aggregate stats and 2) they are only a slice of all the stats and parts of the game.

Including, btw, 50% of the game that’s played on D.

If you play a ton of minutes and are allowed to shoot a lot and dominate the ball, you will put up stats. Someone has to.
I’m sayin!

I had totally overlooked that play. I guess I was already frustrated by what happened earlier that I had zoned out.

Good lord that was stupid.
And there was 4 seconds left. Could have at least got a heave

The last shot was so terrible (the third best boeheim shooting almost backwards?) and they immediately made me forget about that and make it so much worse

I think one of the issues the team has right now and it's plagued us for a bit, is thus:

If Buddy and/or Jimmy make a basket - we're all good. We get awarded points for that per the rules of basketball.

If Jimmy and/or Buddy miss a shot, any shot at all, Jimmy, Buddy and JB are 100% certain in each and every instance that they were fouled.

Therefore, they see any play where they shoot as an absolute certainty that we will either score, or have a chance at the foul line.

So, no play designed for them can fail - unless the officials fail us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom