Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2

Just got home and checked the box score…Benny didn’t play? WTH.

They use that Brady Bunch trick where you hang from the swingset for an hour and temporarily gain an inch and a half of height.
It actually does temporarily work .. as your disc spaces transiently widen..

I mean we play well and lose all these games but its not like at any time you think we are the superior team.

As always if we only had a bench things could be very different but we couldn't have guys on the roster that pushed certain players for PT.
Great point. Even with a lead you keep expecting the lead to dwindle and inevitably make it close. When it comes to sports, at heart I'm a defense-first guy. Its more often than not that if your defense sucks, you won't be a good team.
Somewhere along the line, and it was exemplified more than ever last year, JB decided that offense was more important, that he was willing to sacrifice defense and rebounding, for shooting. It was a losing proposition then, and its a losing proposition now.

There is actually no such thing as a Q5 win. Q4 is the lowest you can be.
I just decided to put Pitt in Q5 to make a joke about them -- you can always look to Pitt basketball in your time of misery
Funny.
That goes to show how completely uninvolved I’ve been with all the bubble-related metrics that seem to only have been invented in the era if our bubble-sitting consistency.

So, which Q are we, for other teams trying to get into the Tournament?

FSU is who we should be. They have tall athletes that would fit the zone everywhere. Play tons of guys minutes.
Let's hope the next coach does this but we also play man-to-man.

Joe’s close outs are an insult to the entire Orangemen legacy.

He doesn’t even try.
The only person on our team who closes out with any sort of fundamentals is Symir. Everybody else just flys past dudes on the perimeter when they catch the ball it’s just disgusting basketball.

I would be curious to hear from someone who was at the game if JB was arguing that Jimmy was fouled for that entire final 10 seconds or whatever it was.

Yes I was there and yes it was for a large portion of the time after Jimmy Jrs awful contorted shot. The last 13 seconds happened so quickly and had so much awfulness it was hard to take it all in but yes Jimmy Sr argued forever for a phantom foul

Cuse!

Joe’s close outs are an insult to the entire Orangemen legacy.

He doesn’t even try.
Why he plays as much as he does is beyond me. Joe isnt bad but he isnt anything special. Hes a role player and would be a decent 2. Its not his fault its Jims. Not playing Symir or Benny. playing Jim when he was off it goes on and on and its

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom