Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2

Maybe, maybe not. I’m not being a j@ck@$$, you just don’t know that definitively.
Good point. What we do know is that we lost without the 3G lineup on the floor at the end of the game. Still to your point we might have lost with them also.

JB couldn’t help himself and partially blamed Jesse for passing the ball to Jimmy. So weak.

They are one game out of first in the conference and are on a three game winning streak.

Think it’s a fair projection.

Maybe they just have trouble with our team in particular.
Yup... they're improving as the season goes!

A message might be given Tuesday night. Midweek game vs. non-descript opponent, SYR is a bad team,, weather will be rough as usual, late 9pm game, throw in COViD. 9,000 attendance. SYR fans are hardy and will trudge through a blizzard to fill up the Dome when the product is good and worth watching. But with all of these factors, we are going to see the fans send a message by not showing up anymore.

It was fuller tonight, at least on the bottom tier. But I'm afraid this is true.

He's a great in game coach. ...

He got a point blank-ish shot to take the lead.

Uh, no. Just NO. We are 1-5 in games decided by 5 points or less this year. We don't have basic in-bounds plays, F F S.

That is NOT good coaching. Jimmy shouldn't have even shot that ball, he should have passed to someone on the wing who would have had enough time to drive, pass it again to somebody else, or take a better shot.

ELEVEN SECONDS. NO SHOT CLOCK. BASKET WINS.

Boeheim the Coach used to be known for having the right players in the right positions to make shots in these situations.

Where did that guy go?

Uh, no. Just NO. We are 1-5 in games decided by 5 points or less this year. We don't have basic in-bounds plays, F F S.

That is NOT good coaching. Jimmy shouldn't have even shot that ball, he should have passed to someone on the wing who would have had enough time to drive, pass it again to somebody else, or take a better shot.

ELEVEN SECONDS. NO SHOT CLOCK. BASKET WINS.

Boeheim the Coach used to be known for having the right players in the right positions to make shots in these situations.

Where did that guy go?

A forward should get the ball in the paint in post position. We have 35 - 45 years of forwards we'd want with that shot. Sadly the guy who got it turned the wrong way. It was weird.

The guys on the wing are as slow as we are. With this crew I'd best trust the guy closest to the tin.

In the Wake game, for as ugly as that was, Buddy has to have the sense to block out the defender coming from behind him. That was ridiculous (and I agree that ball should've gone downcourt).

A forward should get the ball in the paint in post position. We have 35 - 45 years of forwards we'd want with that shot. Sadly the guy who got it turned the wrong way. It was weird.

The guys on the wing are as slow as we are. With this crew I'd best trust the guy closest to the tin.

In the Wake game, for as ugly as that was, Buddy has to have the sense to block out the defender coming from behind him. That was ridiculous (and I agree that ball should've gone downcourt).

Once Jimmy turned INTO the defender, he could have / should have looked to the left wing to see who might be there. Nobody there? Look out at the top of the key.

ELEVEN SECONDS. That was just awful, only topped by Joe just throwing it into the crowd with FOUR SECONDS still left and the chance to tie.

Could you imagine if Roberson did what Jimmy Jr did and Frank did what JG3 did
Die Season 3 GIF by The Office

Once Jimmy turned INTO the defender, he could have / should have looked to the left wing to see who might be there. Nobody there? Look out at the top of the key.

ELEVEN SECONDS. That was just awful, only topped by Joe just throwing it into the crowd with FOUR SECONDS still left and the chance to tie.

Believe me, I agree it's terrible. It's more terrible that these aren't rookie mistakes. These guys are flirting with receding hairlines.

At this point with these guys I'll take the shot in the paint and it's chances.

I hate to be that guy, but I was watching him during that last huddle before the atrocity of a play by Jimmy. Benny was outside the team circle standing behind JB, and looked totally disengaged from anything going on. Honest to God my first thought was; "Poor Benny". -sigh-
I'm sure the other top schools that just missed on him have their assistant coaches texting, DMing Benny daily. I don't follow recruiting that much so I don't know which schools.

I’m waiting for the inevitable new thread about how all the JB haters and misery lovers are actually happy right now.
it's easier for the "JB is the program" crowd to shift focus to other posters, rather than honestly discuss and examine the state of the program, and the reasons for the same.

Speaking of which, where is the "JB is the program" crowd?

I have to laugh. Just as a point I've been following SU basketball since 1958. I used be on the boards all the time but I moved away from Syracuse and live in Baltimore now. Nothing has changed. Even some of the same people are here bad-mouthing Boeheim. Carry on.

I have to laugh. Just as a point I've been following SU basketball since 1958. I used be on the boards all the time but I moved away from Syracuse and live in Baltimore now. Nothing has changed. Even some of the same people are here bad-mouthing Boeheim. Carry on.
Nothings changed? How about the trajectory of the program? What do you think of this team compared to every team since 1958?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom