Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU game 2

A message might be given Tuesday night. Midweek game vs. non-descript opponent, SYR is a bad team,, weather will be rough as usual, late 9pm game, throw in COViD. 9,000 attendance. SYR fans are hardy and will trudge through a blizzard to fill up the Dome when the product is good and worth watching. But with all of these factors, we are going to see the fans send a message by not showing up anymore.

You’re messages behind. I’ve already said that I knew Ballard was from Ny. Not my fault coaches the bed on the trail.

No- I started the follow up to the thread. You pivoted when no one else did. This is just funny.

Someone asked, in one of the closed threads, why anyone would want to ‘lose’ the 35ppg and x rebounds we get from the Bo-heem boys. Well, that’s just another instance where statistics don’t present an accurate story. Those combined numbers sound impressive. Until you actually watch the games. And see the resulting record.

We have an ugly team. An ugly playing style. An ugly coaching style/presence. We are not an attractive team to high quality recruits at this point, in this era.

The only saving grace is that no one outside of our own little bubble is paying attention to us. And that’s also a curse.
This sums it all up

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at these losses now

To change the subject, did anyone notice that Jessie got away with a lot of leg fouls while covering the baseline today? He has always been given a foul. The officials helped us today. The offensive foul call almost cost FSU the game.

To change the subject, did anyone notice that Jessie got away with a lot of leg fouls while covering the baseline today? He has always been given a foul. The officials helped us today. The offensive foul call almost cost FSU the game.
I mentioned in the game thread that there were probably 15 no calls on Jesse today, he was very fortunate. Against bigger guys he goes over the back almost every single time.

I mentioned in the game thread that there were probably 15 no calls on Jesse today, he was very fortunate. Against bigger guys he goes over the back almost every single time.

It's the hidden statistic that makes it clear our defense was even worse than it already was in this one. We have had some games we got jobbed this year but FSU absolutely had reason to be upset with the calls had they lost.

JB pushing him out to justify keeping Jimmy for another year.
Jimmy had one positive play in the entire game, the putback. There is absolutely no way Benny could have contributed less in the first half.

It used to drive me nuts in 2005 and 2006 that Gerry McNamara was given free rein to do whatever he wanted and play 38 minutes a game no matter what. But man Gerry had earned it.

Jimmy is a perfectly fine player who I do think is good enough to play in the acc. But so was kristoff ongenant and the team never ran plays for him with the game on the line.

I don’t buy this, the “should’ve won” is beyond subjective. Good teams find a way to win close games, are we in a good position to win the game, yes, are we able to execute? No, nothing we’ve done this season has shown we can make simple plays to win games.

We have extremely poor basketball IQ and too many selfish players to be a good team. It was fun to watch the exhibition games and everyone jacking up threes while making them, Colgate should’ve been a slap in the face and brought everyone down to earth including our head coach.

When we play a true rotation, play our point guard more minutes for better offensive ball movement and defense, get away from iso ball, and make adjustments I think we can can be solid, it may be too late and even if it wasn’t, we don’t make and never have made drastic changes in the middle of the year.

In all my years watching the biggest changes I’ve ever seen during the season from JB was swapping Gillon for Howard and moving to the 1-3-1 (which won us a couple games).

Yea no question about it. I think though this is basically inevitable for big guys getting used to the game. Etan Thomas fouled out in six minutes as a freshman. Fab melo spent his entire freshman year in foul trouble despite playing a lot fewer minutes than Edwards is. He will figure it out.

It's the hidden statistic that makes it clear our defense was even worse than it already was in this one. We have had some games we got jobbed this year but FSU absolutely had reason to be upset with the calls had they lost.
Speaking of awful calls, did you see Seton Halls last seconds? Talk about handing the game over.

Speaking of awful calls, did you see Seton Halls last seconds? Talk about handing the game over.

Yeah that was pathetic.

Also watching them quite a bit this year. Had we played it smarter and things worked out KR would be at 15 and 6 a game this year. Sucks because it's hurting us and him as he sits behind Aiken.

Not that I blame him just overall frustrating

Yea no question about it. I think though this is basically inevitable for big guys getting used to the game. Etan Thomas fouled out in six minutes as a freshman. Fab melo spent his entire freshman year in foul trouble despite playing a lot fewer minutes than Edwards is. He will figure it out.
That’s why I don’t get upset with Edwards, he’s asked to do so so so much, even more than past centers. Considering the amount of shots that he’s responsible to disrupt and okay defense on its amazing him, or any center in the middle of the zone, doesn’t foul out sooner. Jesse battles.

Because he wasn’t invited
City Rocks only

Adam Devine Finger Guns GIF

Todays game didn't really bother me. Maybe I'm accepting losing. Hard to say. I thought we played well for stretches. We are not very good and I expected to lose. I like what Symir brought. Hope he gets more run. Hope Benny stays. I doubt either happens but whatever.

Todays game didn't really bother me. Maybe I'm accepting losing. Hard to say. I thought we played well for stretches. We are not very good and I expected to lose. I like what Symir brought. Hope he gets more run. Hope Benny stays. I doubt either happens but whatever.
That’s huge

I knew we were in trouble when JB put his kid back in. Symir completely turned the game around and was getting to the rack. He was playing great D and his drives were opening up our shooter and creating ops for Jesse. F state couldn't press us with him in the game. Simply put we win if we keep that lineup. Jim needed to sit Jim and he didn't because Hes his kid. There was no other reason.

This is where I’m at, if I thought coach could come up with ways to turn it around it would be tougher to accept, but I think many have submitted that what we see is what we get and it’s not going to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom