Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

wong and Judah both made 1 shot.. yet Wong gets to the line for 7 Fts and Judah 3.
Judah missed two in a row in the first half. Judah has to play at a different speed than flat out.

We choked. Zero adjustments to take away the high post. Just got abused there and on the boards. Couldn’t get a rebound when it counted.
you realize they wanted them to put the ball there on purpose..

A couple big calls by the refs.. the missed travel/carry play late was pretyy bad. the fact they rules Joes save as a possession play was pretty bad as well.

they swallowed the whistle which usally is bad for our style.

Yeah, I think we got a surprising number of calls for a road game against a ranked team.

Of course, maybe the refs didn't think Miami deserved that ranking, either. LOL

Fine.

call a timeout and put the ball in Joe‘s hand.

call a timeout and put in Symir.

call a timeout and DO ANYTHING.

without calling a timeout, we had 20 seconds and Judah had the ball thinking he was Allen Iverson. Outside of a teammate tackling Judah, the only person in the world that could stop that was JB
We had no timeouts left at the end.

Btw, here are my positives:

Joe has started bullying guys two games in a row now. Dude is 100 something or whatever games into his career and he’s adding weapons.

Bell had a bad shooting game but stayed engaged on D, especially on D in the half court.

Brown is Brown. Solid.

JT hit a monster shot.

Jesse had a productive game.

We had a sliver of hope for the tourney this year. But the paths just became infinitely harder without this win.

Jesse had a career best 25 points tonight. I’d call that a bit more than productive.

Sometimes you got to tip your hat to the other team, I think they wanted it more, hit long crucial shots and crashed the offensive glass effectively!

Team played a lot better than I expected.
We are actually a solid team. Not upset at the loss. As I didn’t expect to win this game. I was entertained and we lost at the end.
Sucks but I see an improving team.

Maybe it's because I'm a Dolphins fan, but I feel like I'm already at my quota for moral victories this weekend. Looking at the two games together Mintz's last drive was pretty much the delay of game penalty on 4th and 1 for the Dolphins. You need to be better than that if you're going to pull off upsets on the road.

This game is on one player. JB wasn't great, refs weren't great but didn't cost us. Our lack of strength and toughness always cost us ...but all that said...this game falls on a Frosh who thinks he's better than he is and seems more concerned with the name on the back of the jersey over the one on front.
No way. Then his HOF coach should've given him more of a breather and explained what he expected from him, given Mintz' petulant for not making good decisions late when he's on the floor that long

This game just sucks. We had the game right where we wanted and let it get away. We did so many good things tonight except finish. Mintz is going to be a problem in games close. He just tries to do too much and doesn’t understand how to set people up on the perimeter. His only assists come inside, never to the outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom