Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Jesse had a career best 25 points tonight. I’d call that a bit more than productive.

I will say, I'm probably in the .000000001% here, but that was the worst 25/12 game I've perhaps ever seen. He was so good, but so bad in some ways. lol

Kinda sums up Edwards for me most of the time. He befuddles me. Maybe because he's always flinging the ball around toward the basket and moving so awkwardly. He's a bizarro fellow to watch. I'm glad we have him and all, but he's an oddball.

No way. Then his HOF coach should've given him more of a breather and explained what he expected from him, given Mintz' petulant for not making good decisions late when he's on the floor that long

Yeah. It wasn't his first mistake at the end of the game, either. He made a few of them down the stretch.

Btw, here are my positives:

Joe has started bullying guys two games in a row now. Dude is 100 something or whatever games into his career and he’s adding weapons.

Bell had a bad shooting game but stayed engaged on D, especially on D in the half court.

Brown is Brown. Solid.

JT hit a monster shot.

Jesse had a productive game.

We had a sliver of hope for the tourney this year. But the paths just became infinitely harder without this win.
I will add that this was a good bounce back for Benny.

Get JB out. How do you keep Mintz in?! How. Does this guy know how to coach…for real. You saw Mintz lose his cool at the end of games and you keep him in over a more experienced player.
You guys wear me out!.. If JB doesn’t let Mintz grow and learn and he transfers you all have a fit … This was not a coaching issue. Young player that’s been our guy and played well had a tough few minutes. Some of You have zero understanding of the bigger picture. We lost to a top team on the road in a close game . Players are getting better!

Fine.

call a timeout and put the ball in Joe‘s hand.

call a timeout and put in Symir.

call a timeout and DO ANYTHING.

without calling a timeout, we had 20 seconds and Judah had the ball thinking he was Allen Iverson. Outside of a teammate tackling Judah, the only person in the world that could stop that was JB
No timeouts left, I believe.

You guys wear me out!.. If JB doesn’t let Mintz grow and learn and he transfers you all have a fit … This was not a coaching issue. Young player that’s been our guy and played well had a tough few minutes. Some of You have zero understanding of the bigger picture. We lost to a top team on the road in a close game . Players are getting better!
I’m told JB coaches every game to win sometimes at the expense of development.

So, which is it?

Winning keeps players

Brown did not rebound tonight. He was basically invisible. Benny hit some big jumpers, but missed some inside.

Miami a top team? Miami isn’t even as good as their record. They would be out of the top 25 if we knew how to finish games. Watch the games, don’t look at records.

On the positive side - amazing game from Jesse and the two hot forwards today were Benny and Justin. The late Justin 3 was kahunas and I was hoping it would get our mojo going - just not to be.

Joe did everything well, except we just cant live with his making only 1 of 8 from trey range no matter how solid the rest of his game.
Joe was also late closing out on 3-point shooters throughout the game. Although he got close enough to foul Wong to start the game.

He was fine offensively, but we need more rebounding and he got burned on a corner 3 late with a half ass close out.

He got about the same number of rebounds as the other 3 guys combined. Taylor was OK tonight. Maliq never got it going. Bell missed a lot of open shots, and then kind of disappeared. Who else ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?

Joe was also late closing out on 3-point shooters throughout the game. Although he got close enough to foul Wong to start the game.
Agree, also Joe was constantly going under screens. If I were JB, if any guard when under a screen I'd take him out immediately!

This game just sucks. We had the game right where we wanted and let it get away. We did so many good things tonight except finish. Mintz is going to be a problem in games close. He just tries to do too much and doesn’t understand how to set people up on the perimeter. His only assists come inside, never to the outside.
Guy should do nothing but drive and kick drills, drive and read the rotations, and shoot from outside in practice.

Anything else isn’t the best use of time.

Can we stop with the Judah "selfish" talk? Making poor decisions doesn't make him selfish. He should have been saved from himself based on his end of game situations multiple times this year. Someone else should have had the ball.

Disagree, Miami won it by making long 3s under pressure and dominating the offensive glass when it counted...
I call "dominating the glass" a Syracuse deficiency rather than a Miami strength. Many of the Miami 3-pointers were wide open, although some of them were from long range. I stand by my statement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom