Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

36 points in the paint! Almost half our scoring is inside. I love it!

Great come back.

I think we do OK when we get out of the zone and press a little bit.
Notre Dame has no big man though.Probably should of had 50 in the paint

After watching ND bomb those 3's, surprised to see SU ended up hitting a higher %.
ND really went cold late with the improved D.
JAB has lived with that since day one. Doesn't always work but it usually come back to the mean.

Because I don’t need to kill a kid when he’s down. I don’t like to sell stock when it is at its lowest price either. I feel very confident that Benny is going to help us win some big games before the season is over.
Deja vu.
He either is a star or a great teammate.
His puss tonight showed us he isn’t the latter. He was jealous of what Brown has become. (Which was noted after last game with Maliq’s chemistry with Jesse)
Listen - there are 200 minutes of playing time per team (40x5)… but there is unlimited bench time to be a positive influence. That didn’t happen at the end.

Look I know it is Notre Dame but I am so happy. What a win.
-we don’t win this game without Judah playing unselfishly and under control. Had some great dishes and was money from the line in the clutch. 8 assists!
-was really nice to see Jesse play with some confidence and hit some big free throws in the clutch himself.
-like I’ve said repeatedly I have been amazed by the Bell hate. But the kid was absolute stones tonight and we don’t win without him. Having a three-point weapon like him who can make shots in big spots as a freshman is rare. Hoping that he will continue to grow with our program because he is a very underappreciated building block for this program.
-Brown was outstanding. So much energy, good defense, deflections just everything you want from a kid playing for Syracuse. And his poise as a freshman is remarkable. Whether he has played two minutes or 36 minutes he has never been intimidated for a second. I really can’t think of a good argument why he should not be starting over Benny.
-Taylor was also very good. The unselfish dish to Brown was huge. The upgrade at the top of the zone defensively over Joe was very evident. Another freshman who is not afraid to take and make a big shot.
-it was not Joe’s night but I give him credit for not forcing things after he went on a turnover streak in the second half. I was afraid he would take a bad shot and kill us down the stretch but he played team basketball and that was a big reason why we were able to get to the line and win the game. I don’t know why when given a blatant opportunity JB doesn’t sub for him on defense late in the game.
-The zone absolutely killed us. JB gets credit for going to the press to speed up Notre Dame and make them less comfortable but maybe we wouldn’t have been in that position if we weren’t playing the zone against a team that basically only can shoot threes.
-Nothing like a high after a huge comeback win for the Cuse. And that it was led by 4 freshmen makes me excited for the future.
-Let’s get one in Miami!

Joe didn’t take a single shot in the 2nd half. And while he was on the bench he was still cheering and also talking to players during/after timeouts giving them advice and pumping them up. Good on Joe.

Deja vu.
He either is a star or a great teammate.
His puss tonight showed us he isn’t the latter. He was jealous of what Brown has become. (Which was noted after last game with Maliq’s chemistry with Jesse)
Listen - there are 200 minutes of playing time per team (40x5)… but there is unlimited bench time to be a positive influence. That didn’t happen at the end.

Oy

Joe didn’t take a single shot in the 2nd half. And while he was on the bench he was still cheering and also talking to players during/after timeouts giving them advice and pumping them up. Good on Joe.
He would've on his wild drives had he not turned it over. I am glad he is engaged, he seems like a good guy

Brutal to watch a lot of that first half and good chunk of time into the second half, sitting back letting them just launch.

We FINALLY pushed some tempo and things changed.

Huge props to Bell for his best game of the year.

Brown and Taylor really fueled the comeback.

Nice win after a frustrating large portion of that game.
Joey was like a Chicken parm without the side of noodles. Very blase if I’m telling the truth.

Non bene

After that possession when Joe then Jesse then Joe turned it over on three straight possessions and ND hit a three to go up I believe 13, I was ready to turn it over to the football game. I'm kind of in shock that we pulled this off.
When we came back after being 12 (?) points down, even though we didn’t go ahead, I had a calm certainty we were going to win. We have a rough schedule coming up and we really had to beat ND. Like, REALLY.

The crowd was great! I didn’t think it was like a church in there, but I haven’t been to church in quite a while. :rolleyes:

JB in deep conversation with Cole Hauser while the last few seconds were played. Literally had his back to the court. Love it.
Yeah what was that? The game wasnt over!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom