Postgame Thoughts… Virginia | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Virginia

Nah, it’ll be someone from the bench. We can pretend they’re not going to do it but there’s been zero indication either way so I’ll side with the old plan
No it won't.

That would be the dumbest strategy to reverse this trend imaginable.

Jesse wound up with 10 rebounds, but mostly he seemed a bit disinterested to me tonight. I thought that we were way better defensively when Hima was in. Maliq with a pretty decent game, Taylor didn't play badly. Joe made some shots in the 2nd half, but we never really threatened in this game.

No it won't.

I’m not saying it’s a good idea, that’s the only plan we ever heard so I’ll wait to assume anything different until I hear otherwise

You liked browns play? He rebounded but he was bodied up several times down low and missed quite a few layups. He wasn’t awful but I don’t think this was his best game

He still gave us 10 points, 8 boards, a couple steals and a block. I'll take a "bad game" like that any day from a freshman who usually doesn't even start.

Is there a bigger mismatch in sports than JB vs Bennett? The annual losses are embarrassing at this point, yet we do the same freaking thing year after year and hope something will change. I’ve followed Syracuse basketball since I’ve been old enough to follow anything l and as others have mentioned, HCJB and hoops help me mark the passing of the seasons. Having said all that, I can’t wait for the day when we try something different against Virginia/

It used to be Jamie Dixon. There's always been a team like that that plays deliberate offensively, very disciplined with tough defense. We always struggle with those kinds of teams.

Jesse wound up with 10 rebounds, but mostly he seemed a bit disinterested to me tonight. I thought that we were way better defensively when Hima was in. Maliq with a pretty decent game, Taylor didn't play badly. Joe made some shots in the 2nd half, but we never really threatened in this game.
He hasn’t been doubled that aggressively all year . He let his frustration affect his defense

No it won't.

I agree with you, but at this point I don’t even care. It’s so far gone. It can’t get worse. We already don’t matter.

They give it to Autry or Gerry, whatever. I love the guys so I’m onboard for a few years before I get antsy.

I don’t even care enough to get antsy anymore. Have barely watched the last 3 games because I had other things to do.

Last edited:
Why would he leave UVA for SU. Better school. Better program. Better weather. And why would you think their donors would contribute less than our donors? They are a southern school that takes sports seriously and they have big $$$ alumni.
Seriously it’s so delusional what people think this program is and how we can just pull some of these guys who already have such better situations. There is zero allure to the program right now

Why would he leave UVA for SU. Better school. Better program. Better weather. And why would you think their donors would contribute less than our donors? They are a southern school that takes sports seriously and they have big $$$ alumni.
Well they stunk for 100 years Tuttle. Why is that?

Thank god people with you’re mentality don’t run sht around here.

Seriously it’s so delusional what people think this program is and how we can just pull some of these guys who already have such better situations. There is zero allure to the program right now
I’m talking about money.

I agree with you, but at this point I don’t even care. It’s so far gone. It can’t get worse. We already don’t matter.

They give it to Autry or Gerry, whatever. I love the guys so I’m onboard for a few years before I get antsy.

I don’t even care enough to get antsy anymore. Have barely watched the last 3 games because I had other things to do. It’s

The way to reverse a decade long decline is not to hand things over to a completely unproven commodity, and say "whatever" while we give them a few years.

This is a program where we shouldn't be considering candidates who require on the job training, let alone given where we are on the performance curve.

Horrendous idea, would be the dumbest strategic move imaginable.

I agree. We have lost our New Jersey recruiting and are very seldom involved with any of the top players in the country. We’re fighting for scraps and losing.

Is it bad when I can't listen to a JB presser for more that 60 seconds?

I mean, its just SSDD (same isht different day).
"We didn't do some things we've been doing lately. We fought back but made too many mistakes. They're a really good team. (fill-in-the-blank) has to give us more/play better/shoot better/protect the ball blah blah blah...".

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Is it bad when I can't listen to a JB presser for more that 60 seconds?

I mean, its just SSDD (same isht different day).
"We didn't do some things we've been doing lately. We fought back but made too many mistakes. They're a really good team. (fill-in-the-blank) has to give us more/play better/shoot better/protect the ball blah blah blah...".

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
That’s how press conferences work bud

I’m genuinely jealous of the people who are still cool with JB coaching as long as he wants. It must be awesome to not be this frustrated all of the time.
Yes indeed -I'm one of them and it is awesome to not be frustrated any more.
Not so much "cool with it" as accepting something that I can't change.

I follow the team, but with lowered expectations and declining engagement.
Just trying to enjoy it as much as possible, not fret over W's and L's, all while hoping for better.

Been awhile since I let the things that I don't understand or agree with about SU hoops bother me much.
JB can rock on, or not. I'm indifferent at this point. Just trying to find interesting players or trends to follow.

Cav's Guard penetration Defense killed us for about 24 points today with the transition. Was thinking maybe Girard, Bell at the two, and Justin right before the press could give us a chance to start bombing.

Brown might have been the best player on the court for us. Awesome job!!! Strong performance.

Ajax never really got to run in our good defense. Just for thought.

I still like either Benny starting with Brown/Ajax on the offensive side. Takes the pressure off of Judah early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom