Postgame Thoughts... UNC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC

3 things: Jesse needs to let the tying dunk happen with 21 seconds left. He stays in the game and we hold foe one shot and the win.
A senior, Joe, absolutely can't try to make that save. Terrible mental error.
Judah needs to calm down at the end of games and stay under control.

I am not a “it’s the refs” person.
They shot 23 FT to our 3. +20.
And we play zone. Think about that.

On JG3’s bone-headed play, Bacot just fork lifts Hima under the hoop. And the dominos fall.

Our kids played a helluva game. All of them.
Deserved much better.
Don't make excuses. Joe's play was horrible and violated one of the cardinal rules of basketball. He had 6 turnovers and was invisible for most of the second half before his big 3. This team knows how to lose.

I just can't agree that was flagrant. I mean, where does the offensive player in possession of the ball get to keep his arms, all the while knowing while going to the hoop, the human body as constructed, HAS to move in an uneven upward motion to score. The defender gets to put his face into your chest while moving backwards, so you're not supposed to move and try to score the ball?? I'd say your face violated his natural movement.
It was a terrible call. It’s not a flagrant call. If he hadn’t laid on the floor there’s no call. It’s a joke.

People do realize that UNC still would have had the ball, down 1, had Girard not brain farted, right?

We started out in a hole, yet again. We have to start better. Those points at the start matter against decent teams.

The Judah charge (first one) was awful.

Credit to Bell for his off ball hustle. That one three he hit was TOUGH.

Jesse has a somewhat rough game.

Joe was on a heater. Lost his legs. Still made a few clutch shots. Had a bit of a crazy game. Lots of TOs but a number of assists. The save under the basket was not great.

We’re in the danger zone now for the year. Really need to get this next one.

Joes gonna be my end. He f@@$ing hits an absolute clutch three to put us up two and then a minute later does something a hs kid should know not to do. God I wish I had something harder than beer in my house.

Jesse has to learn to play position defense and just get his hands up to make it a difficult shot. You don't have to try and block every shot and pick up fouls.

Refs - once again - had zero impact on the game.

Sorry, but Jesse was called for his 4th foul with around 11-13 minutes left in the game. The third one, in particular, was not a foul. That was a big impact on the game.

Lots of crap calls. Bacot was allowed to be too physical inside. They were allowed to play more physical in the 2nd half and were rewarded for it with the calls.

As Judah's charge plus Flagrant One; well, he already got away with that same move just a few minutes before, and they let him slide. Poor decision on his part.

Another one gets away. I'm starting to like Bell. He's getting better. He's not quite as gangly and bouncy as James Southerland was, but he's definitely got a sweet shot, not too dissimilar.

Jesse has to learn to play position defense and just get his hands up to make it a difficult shot. You don't have to try and block every shot and pick up fouls.

I honestly thought he did a good job of it. We're just not getting those calls, and it's BS.

Sorry, but Jesse was called for his 4th foul with around 11-13 minutes left in the game. The third one, in particular, was not a foul. That was a big impact on the game.

Lots of crap calls. Bacot was allowed to be too physical inside. They were allowed to play more physical in the 2nd half and were rewarded for it with the calls.

As Judah's charge plus Flagrant One; well, he already got away with that same move just a few minutes before, and they let him slide. Poor decision on his part.

Another one gets away. I'm starting to like Bell. He's getting better. He's not quite as gangly and bouncy as James Southerland was, but he's definitely got a sweet shot, not too dissimilar.

I mean

lol

Yes, was being sarcastic. Pre-empting the doofus brigade.

Mintz's 5th foul was the cherry on top. Even the announcers pointed it out.

We have to basically win the rest of our games to be in the tournament with zero quality wins

Not happening. We need momentum and for a litany of reasons we can't get out of our own way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom