Postgame Thoughts... UNC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC

I think those people probably love the smell of their own farts and BO. Like that skit from SNL.
AmusedSlimyAfricanclawedfrog-small.gif

A lot of good stuff tonight…seemed like Bell was way more active overall. Judah was solid overall. Joe…why oh why would you tap it to Nance under the basket?

The guys left it on the court tonight…on to the next one.

Won’t kill the officials….if you haven’t done it you have no idea how challenging it can be.

I have seen I don't know how many games and I've never seen a flagrant foul called on an offensive drive to the basket. Offensive foul yes. Flagrant foul no.
Saw one on Cooney against Dayton in the NCAA’s if my mind is even working. He swung his arm while even standing still and glanced a player in the face well away from the basket while on offense.

On the flagrant charge, Judah appeared to have space to continue with his strong hand to the right(?)
Didn't see why he'd pick up his dribble to cross left.

He wanted to initiate the contact. He thought that would get him the "and one" opportunity and he could score over the guy.

Yeah, we're way past the point of "it's getting close" or "we're getting better". We have to start winning these games. We have left way too many games on the table because of bad decision making at the ends of games.

Is Judah Mintz more Jason Hart or Jonny Flynn? I see more Hart than Flynn, and no disrespect is intended by that.

Both Hart and Flynn landed in the NIT their freshman season. And both went on to play in the NBA. So, it's not a bad comparison. Not insulting.

But I don't see good decision making from Mr. Mintz yet. Sometimes, yes, he sets up the post with a sweet wrap-around, or makes a nice kick-out pass off his drives. But too much, head down, drive into traffic with no plan.

Too much falling down on drives - as predicted - are not getting called as fouls nearly as often. He still works hard on defense, and he really wants to win. His drives, when he has room to glide down the lane and kiss it high off the glass are beautiful, very skillful.

But's he not mature enough yet. He needs to hit the open man more often and give up the ball sooner on the fast break.

Judah is your middle innings guy. He takes a bit to get going and often gives you a lot 5 mins in up to 3 or 4 mins left. At that point the pressure needs to be on your upperclassmen with Judsh playing a role but not being forced to close every game.

Would have been UNC ball. Doesn’t mean they would have scored but the ball was off Joe.
People acting as if we were guaranteed to stop UNC - sans Edwards - on the ensuing inbounds.

the first charge on the and-1 was by far the worst imo.

the out of control elbow to the face will literally be called every time.
the flagrant part was the crap, but that’s the rule
It was completely fragrant or flagrant, I'm leaving the typo.. flagrant doesn't have to mean on purpose it was flagrant because he was so reckless and crazy and out of control

Judah is your middle innings guy. He takes a bit to get going and often gives you a lot 5 mins in up to 3 or 4 mins left. At that point the pressure needs to be on your upperclassmen with Judsh playing a role but not being forced to close every game.
Judah is cecilio guante but he thins he’s Billy Wagner

I literally said in the game thread that with Edwards fouling out on the Nance dunk attempt we absolutely positively had to rebound on that FT.

And we did not. There was actually a moment before he shot that I said to myself, I almost just hope he makes it. Then I said to myself, NineOneSeven, that is crazy talk. You absolutely want him to miss this game tying FT. Duh.

Next thing I know, we are LOSING! Incredible!
All my life with this program I’ve been rooting for teams to miss the first and make the second

A) Eurostep switch hands layups are technicals now? He wasn't in front of judah, playing defense by headbutting the elbow made it look like a charge B) can we please add another 24-32 teams to the tournament yet? This mood hurts worse than a march madness loss. C) Maybe Could of used Benny late to much on Joe and Judahs shoulders for a home game. Or maybe not.
Wait, the defender pushed his face into his elbow? Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom