Potential DCs? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Potential DCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember hearing he was a very good recruiter when he was the DC for Florida. They indicated he had a lot of Florida connections. I know Monroe recruits Florida but you can never have enough good recruiter in that state.

Interesting that Dino went down to the senior bowl for a day of practice and is now back in Syracuse and didn’t stay for the game. Bet he was interviewing someone that was there.
Maybe that and promoting his players to the NFL scouts down there. Saban was in the same day as Babers.

Interesting that Dino went down to the senior bowl for a day of practice and is now back in Syracuse and didn’t stay for the game. Bet he was interviewing someone that was there.
Also he probably came back for the kids taking an OV. Although it sounds like they were Thursday to today. Maybe the charter jet will be flying to Alabama today. ;)

Strong has used the 3-3-5 as his base defense for a long time and made his reputation using it. He was one of the first.

I am a little concerned with the performance of the USF defense his last 3 years. They got a lot better in year one, collapsed in year two and made only modest improvements in year three.

But he knows the defense well. He will introduce a far more attacking style if he comes here. And I doubt any DC we might hire would have more of an impact on recruiting than Charlie.

At this late date, if we want to go 3-3-5, he would probably be the easiest guy to get. He hasn’t been a DC since 2009 and he might not want to come here but there aren’t many DC jobs only any longer and if Charlie wants to work in 2020, this would be his best shot. It is nice that when he was a DC, he typically coached LBs, just like Ward did.

he probably isnt getting a high level HC job without getting back into it as a DC. He might put 1-2-3 yrs in to build back up again. maybe he has a relationship with Dino know one knows about.

Would love to see CS as the DC but is he a strong at recruiting?

I would say he’s a lot like HCDB except with more recruiting connections. Players/families seem to like him and say a lot of similar things that are said about HCDB. They connect well with players and build strong bonds with their players.

I have decided that the new Defensive Coordinator should and probably will be Karl Scott the current DB coach at Alabama . One of the top 5 recruiters in the country. He is young . Has Defensive Coordinator experience at the FCS level his defensive was actually good at that level. Yep I think this should be the guy.

I'm curious regarding what the current staff is saying to any 2020 defensive recruit that they are actively going after on what D they are playing? How would you answer this question from a recruit?

I have decided that the new Defensive Coordinator should and probably will be Karl Scott the current DB coach at Alabama . One of the top 5 recruiters in the country. He is young . Has Defensive Coordinator experience at the FCS level his defensive was actually good at that level. Yep I think this should be the guy.
Great idea! I'm sure he'd love to leave Alabama for Syracuse. :rolleyes:

Guy makes $525k a year to coach DBs.

Matt Patricia! Cool

I've been told Syracuse is a beautiful place and we will offer a competitive salary

I'm not saying he's coming here, but practically every assistant wants to become a coordinator, so I don't think it's crazy for him to come and get at least a slight salary increase
I say offer a bit more and give a signing bonus to to become DC. Money talk, let not bs any one.

my opinion is as good as yours, opinions very, Of course you might have missed the sarcasm about I have decided that he should be the next Coordinator since my opinion like yours mean zilch. I mean you are right most of the time though hahahaha. I mean remember when you said Tommy DeVito must replace Eric Dungey right away after the North Carolina Game that was one of your best predictions and wizardy thoughts. I could make a cool eye roll emoji that would make my post better though.

According to Football Scoop, Rocky Long has accepted the position of DC at New Mexico. He will be coaching under his former DC protege Danny Gonzalez.
Would have been real nice to land Rocky as our DC.

According to Football Scoop, Rocky Long has accepted the position of DC at New Mexico. He will be coaching under his former DC protege Danny Gonzalez. Would have been real nice to land Rocky as our DC.

That really sucks

Charlie Strong seems like the best bet. Would we hire him? Would he come here? Does he and Gilbert have a bad history? Still getting his money so 900k would be enough I would think?

I'd be fine with Stanard at DC and get a recruiting guru that wants to be at SU. But...not somebody from Bama or Ohio St or the like, I could recruit for those schools. Dino has to have ran into a guy that has a great relationship with a certain area Dino wants to hit hard.

I'd be fine with Stanard at DC and get a recruiting guru that wants to be at SU. But...not somebody from Bama or Ohio St or the like, I could recruit for those schools. Dino has to have ran into a guy that has a great relationship with a certain area Dino wants to hit hard.

Stanards D stats as DC are the same/worse than Ward. Why would you want to stay with a D coach that avgs around the 90’s in all important D stats? We could have just had Ward stay.

Dino has more or less admitted that the current defense isn't getting the job done. To run it all back with Stanard as DC would be a major failure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors