Potential DCs? | Syracusefan.com

Potential DCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse4Life

Walk On
Since there really isn’t a great list out there for potential hires.

Who actually could be in consideration?

Since there really isn’t a great list out there for potential hires.

Who actually could be in consideration?

Bob Shoop and Harlan Barnett are two big name guys who would be great, I would think we would be interested, not sure about them

after that, there are still good options: David Reeves at UAB, Clayton White at WKU(yes, he is good, don't listen to the morons who flipped out when his name first came up), Brian Borland from Buffalo, Marcus Freeman from Cincy. just to name a handful.

Bob Shoop and Harlan Barnett are two big name guys who would be great, I would think we would be interested, not sure about them

after that, there are still good options: David Reeves at UAB, Clayton White at WKU(yes, he is good, don't listen to the morons who flipped out when his name first came up), Brian Borland from Buffalo, Marcus Freeman from Cincy. just to name a handful.

White doesn’t seem to have an aggressive style. They don’t get sacks, TFLs, force fumbles. He hasn’t been a DC very long and they weren’t good his first two years. He has a bunch of STs though. I find it kind of odd that NC State showed no interest in him to fill their open DC role.

Im waiting for the first person to legitimately suggest FHCSS.

I dare you.
1579888183722.png

We’re going with Josh Black as Player/Coach. Start a new trend in college football. And it keeps our costs down.
Zaire Franklin coming back. Can coach LB’s as well

Would be surprised if most, if not all on that list wouldn't be interested. I don't think Barnett is even employed right now.
Shoop might be the exception, b/c even though he is currently a Safeties coach after being a DC since 2007, he just signed a 2 year deal w/ a heavy buyout clause. What a concept. A buyout clause. Apparently people do put those in contracts for assistant coaches.
I wonder if there's any chance Harbaugh would let him go for a promotion to DC.

Last edited:
Would be surprised if most, if not all, on that list wouldn't be interested. I don't think Barnett is even employed right now.
Shoop might be the exception, b/c even though he is currently a Safeties coach after being a DC since 2007, he just signed a 2 year deal w/ a heavy buyout clause. What a concept. I wonder if there's any chance Harbaugh would let him go for a promotion to DC.

so, $450K on top of what we would have to pay him. yeah, that doesn't sound too likely. good find OP

John Rudzinski of Air Force is a name to consider. Has done a lot with marginal talent. Aggressive, attacking defense. Has led a major turnaround in their defense since he took over as DC in 2018.

Here is how the Air Force defense did before and after he took over:
Year Rushing Defense/Total Defense
2017 117/66
2018 16/43
2019 7/17

He is an Air Force grad. I would guess it would not be easy to convince him to leave there. But a pie of money would probably do the trick.

John Rudzinski of Air Force is a name to consider. Has done a lot with marginal talent. Aggressive, attacking defense. Has led a major turnaround in their defense since he took over as DC in 2018.

2017 117/66
2018 16/43
2019 7/17

He is an Air Force grad. I would guess it would not be easy to convince him to leave there. But a pie of money would probably do the trick.

good call. a pile of money often works

What about the guy from Navy who was previously mentioned? Has he already secured a new job?

Could happen... give him a 2 year deal. $500k the first year [$950k actual cost], $800k the 2nd. Buyout clause of $800k.
Hint: don't announce it until a real contract has been signed.
I'm not clear if the buyout if for 1 year of his salary or both.

I'm not clear if the buyout if for 1 year of his salary or both.
From the article: "they will owe the school 100 percent of their current base salary".
His current base salary is $450k.

From the article: "they will owe the school 100 percent of their current base salary".
His current base salary is $450k.
That's what I think it means. Just usually buyout clauses go down, not up. If this is accurate, it is doable (albeit unlikely), as you described above.
I hope Dino appreciates all the work we're doing for him :)

2017 117/66
2018 16/43
2019 7/17

He won't be afraid of the cold.

A chance for him to get some seasoning (like Coach Hopkins) and maybe someday go back to USAFA as the HC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom