Potential DL | Syracusefan.com

Potential DL

Diggs, Ingraham, Wilson, Hastings

Jaquez, Perry, Nwokocha, Jobity

Edwards, Gordon, EFC, Simmons

I'm intrigued about whether Hastings can be a DE type in a 4 man front. Sounds like he can get upfield and be disruptive.

Jobity is going to be tough to displace, but everything's up in the air with the new system / new coaches.

This also doesn't show Maraad Watson who I think looks fantastic as well. I know he's a true freshman but wouldn't be completely surprised to see him second string line to start the season. of course I thought Perry would be there this past season as well too so who knows. That may because he had some additional focus on the offensive side as well. Our depth is looking pretty darn good at the moment. Amazing he was only a Kent St. verbal just a bit a go.

What's funny is before Fran Brown got here, Caden Brown- NYS top 3 or 4 recruit- would have been our pash rush threat and starting at DE.
He's not even on your 3 deep.
As a true freshman?

Nwokocha is going to be very hard to keep off the field in my opinion.

Just an early guess and prediction. But I think our main rotation will be between.

Nwokocha, Wilson, Ingraham, Hastings, Diggs, Jaquez and Jobity

Others will obviously get snaps like Kingjoseph, Perry, EFC, Simmons…but these are probably the guys we are gonna ride with as the main rotation. Just my prediction.

A few of these guys are pretty versatile and can play inside and out like Nwokocha and Hastings

I think Perry over Jaquez provided he is not being asked to be a fullback for limited snaps. Jaquez is a good player but coming back from another injury.

Potentially two former Alabama players starting, and one from Texas A&M, who ate up Alabama when they played.

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
Kansas could wish to have the possible DL talent we have next year.

Just an early guess and prediction. But I think our main rotation will be between.

Others will obviously get snaps like Kingjoseph, Perry, EFC, Simmons…but these are probably the guys we are gonna ride with as the main rotation. Just my prediction.

A few of these guys are pretty versatile and can play inside and out like Nwokocha and Hastings
It is a great problem to have as I was thinking about the DL last night. I came up with Diggs (weakside), Wilson, Hastings, and Nwokocha (strong side). We’ll see how this plays out. This DL is legit though.

Is James Heard going to be lining up at DE as well or has it been confirmed he will be a stand-up LB?

Perry losing a redshirt to play full back is something I will never forgive.
Don’t get me into Dino. I posted my thoughts on Dino during the season and the Admins deleted my post as I was really direct (No swearing). Let’s say I wasn’t a fan as he was exposed by his actions, record, and his own words. I thought/hoped our coordinators last year could cover up his issues.

Agreed here. I can see Nwokoch and Hastings working outside. With Wilson and Ingraham inside.

Spring ball is going to be fun.

Perry losing a redshirt to play full back is something I will never forgive.
We don’t yet know how good he’ll be, but if it turns out that he’s a legit lineman, yes, it should be considered coaching malpractice. Let’s hope he turns out to be that good. Not to tarnish the previous staff, but because we need all the talented players we can get. We’re digging out of a hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom