Potential DL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Potential DL

Could you see Ingraham bulked up to a NT? I thought about that with his reduced mobility due to injury.
I dont know if bulking up does anything for him. At his current size he should be able to generate power at the point of attack. He needs to play with better leverage and be more agressive shedding blocks. I think he can give you some snaps at 3 tech ( hold down the B gap). Not sure if you can have him consistently play over the center and guard. We will see

Last edited:
We don’t yet know how good he’ll be, but if it turns out that he’s a legit lineman, yes, it should be considered coaching malpractice. Let’s hope he turns out to be that good. Not to tarnish the previous staff, but because we need all the talented players we can get. We’re digging out of a hole.

Just like Kyle McCord blowing a redshirt in garbage time. Idk what goes through these coaches heads

Except Perry’s contribution helped score pts and win games. So there’s a difference.

Agree, and he probably spent minimal practice time on it. But also got a taste of the speed and physicality of the college game.

He spent the rest of the time practicing with the DL, and getting a full year in the S&C program. He was clearly behind the other DTs, or else they would have played him.

Now he has 3 years to show what he can do. Like I said, if he's really good, he wasn't going to play 4 more here anyway.

The redshirt stuff is overblown IMO.

Agree, and he probably spent minimal practice time on it. But also got a taste of the speed and physicality of the college game.

He spent the rest of the time practicing with the DL, and getting a full year in the S&C program. He was clearly behind the other DTs, or else they would have played him.

Now he has 3 years to show what he can do. Like I said, if he's really good, he wasn't going to play 4 more here anyway.

The redshirt stuff is overblown IMO.
He did play on defense, I think he got hurt vs gt

Good 3-deep. Nwokocha could be difficult to keep off the field. Hastings has a ceiling but seems young for 1st string. Watson may climb into the third line over Gordon? Alternative 3-deep based on those possibilities:

Diggs, Ingraham, Wilson, Hastings Nwokocha

Jaquez, Perry, Nwokocha Hastings, Jobity

Edwards, Gordon Watson, EFC, Simmons

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online