Pre-Game Bar | Syracusefan.com

Pre-Game Bar

I might make the trip just to be at the bar around cuse fans. Some buddies are going to Buffalo (one going down from Syracuse, the other from Cleveland) to watch the game. I'm in akron, couldn't justify over 200$ for tickets so I didn't get in on the tickets with them. My guess is the bars are pretty decently filled with fans who just watch there?

Best place to watch the game in Syracuse? I'm off that day and open to suggestions. Plus I love to see sports bar fans rise to defend their favorites.

Last edited:
Any decent places near the arena to eat just prior to game or after the SU game?
Pearl Street Pub & Brewery is excellent. great selection of their beers and the food is good. I went there before the Pearl Jam concert in October and watched the NC St football game with about 30-40 SU fans. Not sure if its booked, but its a huge place with lots of TV's to watch the noon games.

Best place to watch the game in Syracuse? I'm off that day and open to suggestions. Plus I love to see sports bar fans rise to defend their favorites.
I would go with Rosie's. I was thinking the Saltine Warrior but the service is sketchy so Rosie's it is for me.

Our experiences trying to find food between sessions in past buffalo tournaments has not been good. We were even told at one place we should have made reservations a year ago...responded , well didn't know we would. Be here until 4 days ago was met with blank stares. That year pearl street was closed for a private party unrelated to NCAA event & many places were closed. ...so good luck! We will probably pack food to grab at the car.

Anyone have any other recommendations for food between the sessions on Thursday? Would prefer to walk from First Niagara Center, but wouldn't be opposed to driving if everything within walking distance will be booked.

Any decent places near the arena to eat just prior to game or after the SU game?
Anyone have any other recommendations for food between the sessions on Thursday? Would prefer to walk from First Niagara Center, but wouldn't be opposed to driving if everything within walking distance will be booked.

The places closest to the arena are going to be packed. You could try the Pan Am. Take the train to Lafayette Square then walk a block east.
I'm thinking about going to Chippewa Street. Take the train to Fountain Plaza then walk a half-block north and one block west and there are a whole bunch of restaurants including some fast food places. That's also the stop to get off the train if you want to go to Dinosaur Barbecue. From Fountain Plaza, walk a half-block north, two blocks west and 3/4 of a block north.

Our experiences trying to find food between sessions in past buffalo tournaments has not been good. We were even told at one place we should have made reservations a year ago...responded , well didn't know we would. Be here until 4 days ago was met with blank stares. That year pearl street was closed for a private party unrelated to NCAA event & many places were closed. ...so good luck! We will probably pack food to grab at the car.

That was a nice perk of having SU play the first weekend in Boston back in 2003. That where to eat between sessions issue never came up.

That was a nice perk of having SU play the first weekend in Boston back in 2003. That where to eat between sessions issue never came up.

This would be the major reason I wasn't thrilled with our time. No chance to duck out early and beat the crowds to dinner.

Places I would recommend to grab food between sessions...Lagerhaus 95 is a fairly new German spot with one of the best burgers I've ever had, usually have at least 15-20 real good taps flowing, about a 5 min walk. The Swannie House is excellent if you want a real dive bar but with good food and won't be absolutely crammed like Pearl St.. There's a new comedy club called Helium that just opened and they are opening their bar early and serving food that should at least be decent and less than 5 min walk. Also, I believe they are letting all of the food trucks park near the arena today, so those are mostly all excellent. Lloyd is a taco truck with incredible burritos, def ask for rocket sauce if you like things spicy. The Black Market Food Truck always has at least 1 bahn mi on the menu and 1 other sandwich, their food is always great. Knight slider is obviously a slider truck with some good stuff and Frank is a gourmet hot dog truck.

Everything should be real easy to get to except for the new Dino BBQ that opened, would need to take a 5 min drive/taxi ride to get over there.

The Pan-American Bar Grill and Brewery in the Hotel @ the Lafayette, 391 Washington St., established itself as the Syracuse alumni headquarters, even decking out a mounted buck head on its wall with orange confetti.

At the restaurant before the Syracuse game, 7-year-old Jacob of Webster showed off a drawing of “Otto the Orange” painted on the back of his shaved head. His dad, Aaron DiCicco, bought tickets to the 2:45 p.m. game for $129 on Monday but saw they were selling for way more on StubHub.

“I told him we could have sold the tickets and gotten a new bike, and he said, ‘No way,’” the dad said.

By midmorning, food trucks were set up along what’s been dubbed “Food Truck Alley” under the viaduct at around Main and Exchange streets. Knight Slider, Roaming Buffalo and Lloyd Taco, which displayed a sign that read “Free hi-5’s for Cuse fans” were among the first to set up shop. More were expected later in the afternoon. Closer to the arena, Frank’s Gourmet Hot Dogs was set to sling dogs in Alumni Plaza."
Read more

At the restaurant before the Syracuse game, 7-year-old Jacob of Webster showed off a drawing of “Otto the Orange” painted on the back of his shaved head. His dad, Aaron DiCicco, bought tickets to the 2:45 p.m. game for $129 on Monday but saw they were selling for way more on StubHub.

“I told him we could have sold the tickets and gotten a new bike, and he said, ‘No way,’” the dad said.

Read more
kidotto978908_10203260351447790_2013416468_n.jpg

You mean this kid. He was sitting near us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom