Predict the ESPN Indignity | Syracusefan.com

Predict the ESPN Indignity

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
So with Duke vs UNC coming up at 6:30 tomorrow, what ways do you think ESPN will decide to our broadcast?

- Meaningless in game cut-ins like the initial Duke-UNC game?
- Zero analysis of our game at Halftime? Syracuse was not even mentioned once during halftime last game, while Jay Williams was an attention whore.

Or do you think since we are on ESPN2 tomorrow we will be largely clear of the BS.

Last edited:
Meh...I stopped watching H studio shows generally recently and it makes the viewing better for me. Lately I've also been forced to DVR games due to my schedule so I just blast through commercials and H. It's great. I think we'll be clear of any BS. I don't remember Duke-UNC being that hyped up the last few years. I dunno.

Meh...I stopped watching H studio shows generally recently and it makes the viewing better for me. Lately I've also been forced to DVR games due to my schedule so I just blast through commercials and H. It's great. I think we'll be clear of any BS. I don't remember Duke-UNC being that hyped up the last few years. I dunno.

I agree, I have had to PVR quite a few games this year, and don't miss the halftime at all.

Maybe you don't remember the Syracuse-Louisville game, where they cut in to Seth-Jay-Rece in an empty stadium for a few minutes while the game was on. They went split screen for a while, and then turned the broadcast discussion to purely Duke-UNC for several minutes as they brought Seth-Rece-Jay into the commentary. Totally ignored the game on the floor for about 2-3 minutes of game time.

I agree, I have had to PVR quite a few games this year, and don't miss the halftime at all.

Maybe you don't remember the Syracuse-Louisville game, where they cut in to Seth-Jay-Rece in an empty stadium for a few minutes while the game was on. They went split screen for a while, and then turned the broadcast discussion to purely Duke-UNC for several minutes as they brought Seth-Rece-Jay into the commentary. Totally ignored the game on the floor for about 2-3 minutes of game time.

Ugh, that does suck and it rings a bell, actually. I was probably a bit numb on bourbon as we were imploding. :noidea:

I just hope we don't have LaPhonzo Ellis on the call and have to hear get the ball to the ACC logo on the court 50 times tomorrow.

Im praying for Dickey Simpkins so he can talk about handing out tickets at the movie theater

I predict that we will hear, in no particular order:
-G is a transfer from Duke (at least 5 times)
-Kaleb Joseph was a starter last year, now he sits
-Cooney is one of the best three point shooters in the ACC
-JB's coaching record since his penalty
-Our two high potential freshman ( little to no mention of Frank)
-DaJuan's year's of lost playing time
-The BIG, IMPORTANT game coming up on ESPN between Duke and UNC

You missed:
-How do you beat SU's 2-3 zone?
-G and Cooney are among the league (and national) leaders in minutes played.

Or perhaps they will drag out one of the old play by play fillers:
"Dajuan Coleman is not related to Derrick Coleman "
or:
"Andy Rautins is the son of Leo Rautins"

Drinking game for the day: drink a beer every time you see the Coach K SportsCenter commercial where he's texting Justise Winslow with his kids.

Or perhaps they will drag out one of the old play by play fillers:
"Dajuan Coleman is not related to Derrick Coleman "
or:
"Andy Rautins is the son of Leo Rautins"
Gerry Cooney and Brandon Tree-shay

The first one on the list annoys be more than anything...G has been in our program for 4 years now, 3rd year of playing. G was not a known commodity at all during his freshman year at Duke, I don't think he played much and had nil to very little impact on that team. I don't recall Wes Johnson getting "the transfer from Iowa State" ad nauseam play and he was at Iowa State longer than SU, as he only played one season for us. ESPN is so infatuated with Duke it's through the roof. If G had come from any other school, there's no way that 4 years later that school would be getting a whiff of mention. :mad:

y'all are forgetting the most obvious narrative of all

It's that time of year when some "controversial" stuff gets leaked about the program ...like clockwork once the calendars turn to March , some crazy "potentially damaging info " about the program hits the news cycle

What will it be this year ?

-Coach recruiting Russian drug enhanced SUPER TODDLERS from Kiev while on his coaching sabbatical ?

-Mike G taking his Duke university practice shorts with him when he transferred ?

-The REAL reason Kaleb is glued to the bench is because he tried to sleep with coaches wife and when rebuffed he screamed "you like that !"

Really not a fan of many of the recent announcer but just what do you expect them to say other, "g has the ball , he dribbles right uses the screen by Colmen . . . . ." I mean there is just so many thing you can say during the game either in progress or during stoppage. "the weather here has been terrific but in Syracuse it has been a 'balmy' 32, a regular heat wave." Oh wait that has been said before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom