Predictions on who will be the next to commit | Syracusefan.com

Predictions on who will be the next to commit

My pick is Joseph...but will go on rant about serious targets. This will probably be a three-man class - four if a 5 takes a huge leap.

Kaleb Joseph - think Jim is going to do everything that he can to get this done this summer.

Goodluck Okonoboh - the mutual interest is there, just don't see there being enough minutes to get a pledge. If he signs in the late period (which seems likely) and a 5 bolts, we may have a chance.

Isaiah Whitehead - don't see this happening. If Kentucky offers, he commits there. No UK offer, I can see Louisville.

Josh Perkins - from what I've heard/read, this is going to become a huge recruiting story line and the Orange will be involved.

Ja'Quan Newton - this one seems to be picking up steam. He's a tough guard who attacks the basket from Philly (which has obviously seen a ton of success in the system).

My pick is Joseph...but will go on rant about serious targets. This will probably be a three-man class - four if a 5 takes a huge leap.

Kaleb Joseph - think Jim is going to do everything that he can to get this done this summer.

Goodluck Okonoboh - the mutual interest is there, just don't see there being enough minutes to get a pledge. If he signs in the late period (which seems likely) and a 5 bolts, we may have a chance.

Isaiah Whitehead - don't see this happening. If Kentucky offers, he commits there. No UK offer, I can see Louisville.

Josh Perkins - from what I've heard/read, this is going to become a huge recruiting story line and the Orange will be involved.

Ja'Quan Newton - this one seems to be picking up steam. He's a tough guard who attacks the basket from Philly (which has obviously seen a ton of success in the system).
I wouldn't rule out Whitehead so easy. Okonoboh is the one player you can probably rule out on that list.

Whitehead or Kaleb or both! As my man Dr Evil says "why settle for billions when can have....millions?" Not sure he got that right but I want both.
Hey, Why not? Lol

I wouldn't rule out Whitehead so easy. Okonoboh is the one player you can probably rule out on that list.

Agreed on Goodluck - on the fence about Whitehead. If Kentucky offers, he commits there.

The one thing that is outstanding about 2014, is that we have the centerpiece on board already. Finding guards and maybe a forward to play with McCullough should be an easy sell.

Kaleb Joseph -- will get done
Whitehead -- he's UK's 3rd option at 2G they will try to string him along into the spring. It's where he wants to go ($$$). If not, SU/Ville is 50/50 toss up. I think he's a long shot. JB does not like waiting for spring commits.
Newton -- will have better options than riding the bench behind Ennis.
Goodluck -- it' s just too crowded at SU the timing is not right. Too bad because he likes us and we have recruited him for years. I see him either at Indiana or UConn.
I see this shaping up as a 2 man class. The 2015 class will be rich. SU in good shape with several elite kids.

I'll take Kaleb and Hammer, but I feel like depending on how year plays out, we could land another depending on Whitehead. Wouldn't yet rule out Goodluck or another 5 either.

This is from one of UK's recruiting sites.
"Isaiah Whitehead
Syracuse has long been considered the leader for this Brooklyn native, but he remains uncommitted. Still, the Orange seem to be the favorite to keep Whitehead in the state. He has also told several media outlets that Louisville has been recruiting him hard in recent weeks. UK was once at the top of the list with Syracuse, but the Cats haven’t been mentioned in that spot for the past few months. If UK lands other top guards, Whitehead will probably be more of a long shot. “I don’t want to go to a school with another shooting guard or point guard who might be ahead of me so I am just waiting and getting all the information I can,” Whitehead told At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.."

Zags reported a few days ago Whitehead would come down to UL vs SU.

247 sports all 3 predicted he'd go to Cuse and they seem to be UK friendly especially Jerry Meyer.

I ain't scared of Shitucky.

Um I have no Idea but I'd be happy to get a commitment form anyone named in this thread! :)

I guess I'd say Joseph then Whitehead are most likely and in that order.

"Isaiah Whitehead
Syracuse has long been considered the leader for this Brooklyn native, but he remains uncommitted. Still, the Orange seem to be the favorite to keep Whitehead in the state. He has also told several media outlets that Louisville has been recruiting him hard in recent weeks. UK was once at the top of the list with Syracuse, but the Cats haven’t been mentioned in that spot for the past few months. If UK lands other top guards, Whitehead will probably be more of a long shot. “I don’t want to go to a school with another shooting guard or point guard who might be ahead of me so I am just waiting and getting all the information I can,” Whitehead told ."

Seems like all three schools will be deep at guard. Didn't louisville sign some high profile guards. We will be deep with Ennis, Buss, Mike G., Cooney and Johnson. Unless Mike G. or Ennis really show pro potential all those guys will be back. I guess Kentucky could have the harrisons go pro and there could be an opening there for him.

Seems like all three schools will be deep at guard. Didn't louisville sign some high profile guards. We will be deep with Ennis, Buss, Mike G., Cooney and Johnson. Unless Mike G. or Ennis really show pro potential all those guys will be back. I guess Kentucky could have the harrisons go pro and there could be an opening there for him.

Agreed that part confused me as well but then I realized he meant to say. "I'm still waiting and hoping that UK's other options fall through so I can be their 2G otherwise I'll go to SU." ;)

I feel like Emmanual Mudiay will most likely go to Kentucky so with the top combo guard at UK, Whitehead will be forced to go elsewhere. Louisville has some really good guard commits for 2013, including the top JUCO guard, as well as a 4 star PG for 2014. So wherever he goes there will be a logjam at the guard spot, unless he chooses Minnesota who have been hard on him (although I cant imagine him going there although he mentions them a good amount).

As for Okonoboh, he seems like an Indiana lean, and Perkins will probably stay out west

If Joseph and Whitehead both come on board, the guards would be Ennis, Joseph, Whitehead, Patterson, and Cooney. Gotta assume a vet would transfer.

"Isaiah Whitehead
Syracuse has long been considered the leader for this Brooklyn native, but he remains uncommitted. Still, the Orange seem to be the favorite to keep Whitehead in the state. He has also told several media outlets that Louisville has been recruiting him hard in recent weeks. UK was once at the top of the list with Syracuse, but the Cats haven’t been mentioned in that spot for the past few months. If UK lands other top guards, Whitehead will probably be more of a long shot. “I don’t want to go to a school with another shooting guard or point guard who might be ahead of me so I am just waiting and getting all the information I can,” Whitehead told ."

247 sports all 3 predicted he'd go to Cuse and they seem to be UK friendly especially Jerry Meyer.

I ain't scared of Shitucky.
You ain't lying bout Meyer being UK friendly:rolleyes:.

I think Joseph will be our next commit. Whitehead's stock is on the rise and I wouldn't be shocked if he gets an UK offer during the open period next month. Newton and Perkins are both intriguing options.

Getting my car back today, loving tapatalk right now. So excited for my baby. Rental (corolla) was pretty nice though, believe it or not.

The pics and designs for the 2014 Corollas look awesome.

Whitehead or Kaleb or both! As my man Dr Evil says "why settle for billions when can have....millions?" Not sure he got that right but I want both.
Good prediction and great Dr. Evil quotation.

Scott: [both are the Jerry Springer show] How could you do this to me? On national television!
Dr. Evil: Well throw me a freakin' bone here, Scott.
Scott: Why did you run out on me?
Dr. Evil: Because you're not quite evil enough.
[audience boos]
Dr. Evil: Well it's true! It's true! You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom