PREPARE YOURSELVES! | Syracusefan.com

PREPARE YOURSELVES!

Zags says Cal would have to take a pay cut from $8M a year to $4-5M. So it seems highly unlikely.

For guys like him it may be more about the challenge than the paycheck #pray.

March 24, 2009 - After Saturday’s game, Calipari said he has “no interest” in leaving Memphis for any other job. “We’ve got a good thing going here,” Calipari said. “Truth be told, there are probably better jobs than Memphis,” Calipari said. “But there may not be a better team than the one I’m going to have for the next couple of years. You don’t leave that.”

March 27, 2009 - Calipari, who just completed his ninth season with the Tigers, told a group of reporters at Wilson Air Center today that Memphis is "where I want to coach." "I want to be here," Calipari said today. "This is where I want to coach, and my name will be tied to every job that's open, and our fans I think have gotten used to it."

April 1, 2009 - After over a day of deliberation, John Calipari is headed to Kentucky. The coach sent a text message to ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday evening saying, "I am accepting the UK job! Go Big Blue, coach Cal."

March 24, 2009 - After Saturday’s game, Calipari said he has “no interest” in leaving Memphis for any other job. “We’ve got a good thing going here,” Calipari said. “Truth be told, there are probably better jobs than Memphis,” Calipari said. “But there may not be a better team than the one I’m going to have for the next couple of years. You don’t leave that.”

March 27, 2009 - Calipari, who just completed his ninth season with the Tigers, told a group of reporters at Wilson Air Center today that Memphis is "where I want to coach." "I want to be here," Calipari said today. "This is where I want to coach, and my name will be tied to every job that's open, and our fans I think have gotten used to it."

April 1, 2009 - After over a day of deliberation, John Calipari is headed to Kentucky. The coach sent a text message to ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday evening saying, "I am accepting the UK job! Go Big Blue, coach Cal."

Great way to boost your salary demands. Openly say you're not interested... If the Pelicans are truly offering 4-5 mil, he needs them to double that.

Am I the only who is still really nervous to see a thread titled PREPARE YOURSELVES!? I'm still emotionally scarred from the past several months I guess
I thought the same thing, but when I saw there were less than 20 replies I figured it couldn't be anything serious.

Still, I feel the OP should be sanctioned for the thread title and use of all caps. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom