Prepared to get killed by armchair doctors. | Syracusefan.com

Prepared to get killed by armchair doctors.

Wow. Missed this because I was working till the 4th started, but I'm so glad SU can jeopardize this kids brain/future to NOT win a game. Scott Shafer for even allowing him back on the field.

You can't mess around with concussions like that. I don't want Shafer only demoted anymore. Please get rid of him,

Wow. Missed this because I was working till the 4th started, but I'm so glad SU can jeopardize this kids brain/future to NOT win a game. . . . . Scott Shafer for even allowing him back on the field.

You can't mess around with concussions like that. I don't want Shafer only demoted anymore. Please get rid of him,

He was taken to the locker room and evaluated. they didn't just throw him back on the field.

Rage4CUSE said:
Wow. Missed this because I was working till the 4th started, but I'm so glad SU can jeopardize this kids brain/future to NOT win a game. . . . . Scott Shafer for even allowing him back on the field. You can't mess around with concussions like that. I don't want Shafer only demoted anymore. Please get rid of him,

The doctors make the call, not Shafer. If the doctors clear him and he's good to play, you play him. The end.

I wonder what Dungey's parents thought of him being allowed back in?

\
Wow. Missed this because I was working till the 4th started, but I'm so glad SU can jeopardize this kids brain/future to NOT win a game. . . . . Scott Shafer for even allowing him back on the field.

Do you know how many test they do to you when you get hit on the head. They took him into the training room, I'm sure they ran him threw the test. He was never diagnosed with a concussion. SU is very serious about concussions. AJ Long and the others that where ruled out of player ever again proves it. This is not the Head Coaches choice to bring him back in.

If you believe HCSS made that call, then you're dumber that the content of most of your post.

If you believe HCSS made that call, then you're dumber that the content of most of your post.

He's the head coach, of course he made the call because he could have held him out the rest of the game.

He's the head coach, of course he made the call because he could have held him out the rest of the game.
Oh...ok.

So the medical staff clears a player to play and the HC over rides their professional conclusion? Gotcha.

Ask Tim Beckman how that worked out for him in Illinois. HCSS looks out for the kids first, no way he would have let Dungey in the game if he wasn't good to go.

Oh...ok.

So the medical staff clears a player to play and the HC over rides their professional conclusion? Gotcha.

Wouldnt be the first time in sports history a kid was allowed back after having a concussion.

Agreed...but this staff is ULTRA-conservative about this.

I hope so. I am overly cautious about this at well. Even to the point I'm going to try and steer my son towards different sports to play in school.

I hope so. I am overly cautious about this at well. Even to the point I'm going to try and steer my son towards different sports to play in school.

You should start watching soccer then. Have you ever played Football? It's a violent game. You are getting hit by big men. Dungey took a big shot doesn't automatically mean he had a concussion. If anything Syracuse is overly cautious about this. I have no doubt he passed the concussion test with ease. I would have gone nuts if I took a big hit and was pulled if I wasn't concussed (which you could obviously tell by him popping right back up and running right back to the huddle). Sometimes when you take big hits it hurts. You should expect these guys to take a half second to get up.

You should start watching soccer then. Have you ever played Football? It's a violent game. You are getting hit by big men. Dungey took a big shot doesn't automatically mean he had a concussion. If anything Syracuse is overly cautious about this. I have no doubt he passed the concussion test with ease. I would have gone nuts if I took a big hit and was pulled if I wasn't concussed (which you could obviously tell by him popping right back up and running right back to the huddle). Sometimes when you take big hits it hurts. You should expect these guys to take a half second to get up.
Probably want to avoid soccer, too, if you want to avoid concussions. After football, hockey and soccer produce the most concussions, by far.

Yes, he took a big shot DIRECTLY to the head. Which in more cases then not, causes a concussion. Even if it's just the mildest concussion you can get. It's still a concussion, and if you read about CTE it's not about taking a lot of MAJOR concussions. It's an accumulative affect of all concussions, minor to major, over the course of ones life.

Rage4CUSE said:
Yes, he took a big shot DIRECTLY to the head. Which in more cases then not, causes a concussion. Even if it's just the mildest concussion you can get. It's still a concussion, and if you read about CTE it's not about taking a lot of MAJOR concussions. It's an accumulative affect of all concussions, minor to major, over the course of ones life.

Then we should stop even having it be a sport.

The speculation on this is out of control. I was enjoying the absurd critique of any mistake he made during the second half as being directly linked to that hit...while completely ignoring the incredible plays he made after the hit, as well. That goes for both posters, as well as the announcers - Anish whathisname was CLEARLY playing that angle up.

People just love to finger wag, and hen peck about this stuff with their moral superiority.

Here's what happened on those two interceptions:

1) he threw it to the wrong shoulder on the first pick. Just a bad throw.
2) he and Erv were clearly just not on the same page on the second pick, and Erv never even turned his head.

That's it. I don't see there being any conspiracy here about how it was caused by anything other than that.

Oswego93 said:
The speculation on this is out of control. I was enjoying the absurd critique of any mistake he made during the second half as being directly linked to that hit...while completely ignoring the incredible plays he made after the hit, as well. That goes for both posters, as well as the announcers - Anish whathisname was CLEARLY playing that angle up. People just love to finger wag, and hen peck about this stuff with their moral superiority.

This made me crazy. The post standard Twitter account insinuated that both picks were the result of him getting hit in the head. But apparently the throw to ismael and the 40 yard run weren't affected by his hit. Only the bad plays.

The kiddie corps reporters are terrible.

This made me crazy. The post standard Twitter account insinuated that both picks were the result of him getting hit in the head. But apparently the throw to ismael and the 40 yard run weren't affected by his hit. Only the bad plays.

The kiddie corps reporters are terrible.
A true freshman is allowed to make a bad throw or two. There doesn't need to be anything more to it. They don't get that.

I played soccer in high school. There's just as much of a risk, if not more for concussions, from collisions and heading the ball. Athletes choose to play sports. There is risk involved. I wish the media would stop acting as the moral authority for sport and Just say that the athlete signed up for the risk when he decided to play the sport.

I played soccer in high school. There's just as much of a risk, if not more for concussions From collisions and heading the ball. Athletes choose to play sports. There is risk involved. I wish the media would stop acting as the moral authority for sport and make an Analysis that the athlete signed up for the risk when he decided to play the sport.
The most vicious, violent collision I've ever seen in person was in soccer. It was a brutal, full speed, midair, head to head collision with both players going for the ball in the air. It was terrifying to watch.

Here's what happened on those two interceptions:

1) he threw it to the wrong shoulder on the first pick. Just a bad throw.
2) he and Erv were clearly just not on the same page on the second pick, and Erv never even turned his head.

That's it. I don't see there being any conspiracy here about how it was caused by anything other than that.
I don't think it's Ervs first time not getting his head around for a pass...

I don't think it's Ervs first time not getting his head around for a pass...
Well, considering one earlier in the game bounced off his helmet instead of being caught for a big gain...that was frustrating.

Erv clearly works best in the flat, not on deep routes.