Preseason BPI | Syracusefan.com

Preseason BPI

DonLightfoot

All Conference
BASKETBALL POWER INDEX.

Just saw this posted on ESPN website. I'm a firm believer of not putting too much credibility on these pre season things, but it does give us a topic for conversation if nothing else. Seven ACC teams in top 25.

1 - Duke
4 - North Carolina
8 - Louisville
10 - NC State
11 - Syracuse
13 - Virginia
23 - Notre Dame

Nc State at 10, lol this can't be serious.
That team has a ton of talent. Maybe it's too high at this point, but I can see it later on.

That team has a ton of talent. Maybe it's too high at this point, but I can see it later on.

Dennis Smith is really good, their coach is an idiot, and I am not sold on the rest of the team, they finished what 13th in the conference last year?

I just went to the espn ncaa men page to check this out and I couldn't click any further. Nearly every article is about Kentucky or Duke, and almost every large picture features those two. It's one huge advertisement for these schools. Recruits must salivate over the attention they could get with even slight interest from UK or Duke. Nothing but blue and white on that page.

(Sorry. Off topic a bit)

I just went to the espn ncaa men page to check this out and I couldn't click any further. Nearly every article is about Kentucky or Duke, and almost every large picture features those two. It's one huge advertisement for these schools. Recruits must salivate over the attention they could get with even slight interest from UK or Duke. Nothing but blue and white on that page.

(Sorry. Off topic a bit)

And people wonder why Calipari is able to worm his way in on every recruit at seemingly late stages of the recruitment? With the power of ESPN-UK and the WWW bankroll behind him why wouldn't he be able to get just about anyone he wants?

And people wonder why Calipari is able to worm his way in on every recruit at seemingly late stages of the recruitment? With the power of ESPN-UK and the WWW bankroll behind him why wouldn't he be able to get just about anyone he wants?

If your K or Calipari who needs to go out and recruit, Espn does it for you.

If your K or Calipari who needs to go out and recruit, Espn does it for you.

Calipari at the very least encourages the media attention. A lot of coaches I don't think would embrace it like he does

BASKETBALL POWER INDEX.

Just saw this posted on ESPN website. I'm a firm believer of not putting too much credibility on these pre season things, but it does give us a topic for conversation if nothing else. Seven ACC teams in top 25.

1 - Duke
4 - North Carolina
8 - Louisville
10 - NC State
11 - Syracuse
13 - Virginia
23 - Notre Dame
I think a lot of what you are seeing pre-season is strength of schedule. It and whatever they think the ability of the team has is about all they can go on at this point. Because the ACC is so strong this year it is fairly realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom