Preseason Practice...

Syboogie- 8
Mintz-12
JG-16
JE-12
Bunch/ Taylor- 16
Benny- 12
Bench-8

70 ish per game with better defense. Want to see this team block shots, get steals and score on transition.
You have individual scoring efforts totalling 84, but team scoring of 70...

The confirmed plan is The entire offense is running through Joe as the 2. And he is getting a minimum of 20 shots per game. Ultimate green light. Can argue about it if you want, but that’s what’s happening and I know that for a complete fact
I'm not going to pretend I'm enthused to hear this...

On the other hand, if every offensive half court possession starts with a Girard/Edwards pick and roll and the play works as well as it did the last two games before Edwards broke his wrist, they could average 40-45 between them.

You have individual scoring efforts totalling 84, but team scoring of 70...
Yes individual #’s are aspirational averages ,in a perfect world. Reality is, many games guys will have 0’s creating a team scoring average in the 70’s. Just trying to create a discussion not a real simulation.

The confirmed plan is The entire offense is running through Joe as the 2. And he is getting a minimum of 20 shots per game. Ultimate green light. Can argue about it if you want, but that’s what’s happening and I know that for a complete fact
Pfft, man, I been calling that for months now. ;)

LMAO.

I trust your info, but I’m praying our coaches see the light.

If Joe is shooting 20 FGA, we’re toast. I’d actually be surprised if he even has the stamina for that.

I’d actually be surprised if the other plays don’t mutiny if that’s the case. Wow.

Not saying that I'm happy with where we find ourselves... BUT

Ultimate green light Joe could be tons of fun if everything goes right.

It could also go horribly, horribly wrong. But 4-0 UpstateSM likes to be am optimist so I am going to look forward to a fun basketball season. For now.

If Joe is shooting 20 FGA, we’re toast. I’d actually be surprised if he even has the stamina for that.
Part of the reason the 2021-22 team stopped scoring nearly every game when the clock hit 3-4 minutes. They were gassed. Joe really needs to get some rest because he's our best bet at late clutch shots.

LMAO.

I trust your info, but I’m praying our coaches see the light.

I’d actually be surprised if the other plays don’t mutiny if that’s the case. Wow.

So, the guy who took ALL. THE. SHOTS. for his HS team, is suddenly going to not have the stamina to take 20 a game, in his 4th year of a P5 college program??

I'm not saying I want him to, or that it's a good idea - but I'm pretty damn sure he can summon the stamina to do so.

FWIW, last season, Buddy averaged 16.4 shots / game.
Jimmay, Cole, and Joe all averaged 11.

Buddy was a hair under 15 the prior year.

Year before that, Eli was 14.5, Buddy 13.6

Year before that, Tyus was 13.6, Eli 10.9

Year before that, Tyus was 15.8, Frankie 13.4, OSB 12.4

Year before that, Uncle Drew was 13.3

So - max shots / game for our established go-to guy usually in the 13-16 range.

Which is why there is NFW Joe is taking 20.

So, the guy who took ALL. THE. SHOTS. for his HS team, is suddenly going to not have the stamina to take 20 a game, in his 4th year of a P5 college program??

I'm not saying I want him to, or that it's a good idea - but I'm pretty damn sure he can summon the stamina to do so.

Anyone can shoot the shots. Can they get open shots? Generate their own shots? yeah he could do it in high school. he's not shown any ability in the 1st 3 years of getting to the rim and finishing with any sort of consistent basis whatsoever. So we're talking 20 long distance shots?

I agree I think 20 seems wildly high.

My biggest concern is can this team score? If Joe isn’t scoring who will? Expecting freshman, who aren‘t top 10 talent to play big in big moments is concerning. Without the perimeter shooting we had last year, will Jessie have the space he needs to score like last year? I hope the answer is yes, but only time will tell. The one plus is that this team could be vastly improved on defense which hopefully, will let us get out on the break.
Jesse has proved he can score, Joe can score and Judah while a freshman and I temper expectations looks like he can get to the basket.

I’m not worried about scoring as much as I’m excited about how much better our defense will be.

This team will be better than last years team.

Anyone can shoot the shots. Can they get open shots? Generate their own shots? yeah he could do it in high school. he's not shown any ability in the 1st 3 years of getting to the rim and finishing with any sort of consistent basis whatsoever. So we're talking 20 long distance shots?

I agree I think 20 seems wildly high.
Provides lots of opportunities for offensive rebounds for Jesse, Benny, Maliq, etc ...

He is. It’s called clash of personalities between him and you know who

I’m having trouble understanding this. Based on what possible reasons would Benny be clashing with anyone who thinks he should have a short leash? I get not liking it, but he has proven exactly nothing as far as deserving minutes let alone a starting spot. That’s not hating on him it’s just a fact. If he doesn’t like it, he simply has to prove he is worthy of big minutes. Just like any player on any team has had to do since the first caveman conducted a group activity whose results mattered.

It appears you may be projecting your own dislike for the coach onto a player.

I am really looking forward to Monroe Madness a week from Friday. I know that it is a glorified scrimmage/all star game, but I am glad to see the new and old guys in live action.

I’m having trouble understanding this. Based on what possible reasons would Benny be clashing with anyone who thinks he should have a short leash? I get not liking it, but he has proven exactly nothing as far as deserving minutes let alone a starting spot. That’s not hating on him it’s just a fact. If he doesn’t like it, he simply has to prove he is worthy of big minutes. Just like any player on any team has had to do since the first caveman conducted a group activity whose results mattered.

It appears you may be projecting your own dislike for the coach onto a player.
That last sentence is why I hate sharing stuff with people on this board like you. He’s clashing with the head coach and has since day 1. At no point did I say anything about my dislike for the coach. How could you ever get to that conclusion?

Coach does not like the quiet kids like Roberson or Benny. He thinks they aren’t trying. Benny fights back and says hes trying hard. The cycle continues.

Not tough to figure out and has nothing to do with what I think about coach. It’s what I’m told

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom