Preseason Practice... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

That last sentence is why I hate sharing stuff with people on this board like you. He’s clashing with the head coach and has since day 1. At no point did I say anything about my dislike for the coach. How could you ever get to that conclusion?

Coach does not like the quiet kids like Roberson or Benny. He thinks they aren’t trying. Benny fights back and says hes trying hard. The cycle continues.

Not tough to figure out and has nothing to do with what I think about coach. It’s what I’m told
Coach doesn’t like the quiet kids?

How did he like Buddy then? I’m all ears

Please know that’s sarcasm. Please know that’s sarcasm

We‘d be lucky to get Joe 20 shots a game. I think he is going to have a hard time getting open looks. Noone else in this team has proven they can make a shot and people are complaining that Joe may get too many shots.

We‘d be lucky to get Joe 20 shots a game. I think he is going to have a hard time getting open looks. Noone else in this team has proven they can make a shot and people are complaining that Joe may get too many shots.

Tend to agree. Against some teams, he'll be able to. But it remains to be seen whether he can get clean looks if / when he's the focal point of opposing D's looking to stop him, let alone be effective in that role.

That last sentence is why I hate sharing stuff with people on this board like you. He’s clashing with the head coach and has since day 1. At no point did I say anything about my dislike for the coach. How could you ever get to that conclusion?

Coach does not like the quiet kids like Roberson or Benny. He thinks they aren’t trying. Benny fights back and says hes trying hard. The cycle continues.

Not tough to figure out and has nothing to do with what I think about coach. It’s what I’m told

Judah and Benny have a solid relationship. Gotta say this is concerning in how it could impact chemistry...

The problem with him taking 20 shots, or whatever honestly, is that he hasn't shown that he takes all GOOD shots. So many are of the "heat check" variety, even when he's cold. I much rather see them run an offense that heavily involves Jesse instead of defaulting to Girard chucking up some garbage. The stupid analytics that say, "hit 40% of 3s means you need to hit 60% of your 2s to win." Well, yes, JG hit 40% of his 3s; he still loses to Jesse's 69.5% from the field. And I don't trust Girard to hit 40% from deep as the only known outside shooter on the team.

Understand. Thanks.

Edit: it didn’t quote, I was responding to you Bulldog. I may be projecting my own assumptions. Based on your previous posts I have assumed you are JB “adjacent” but don’t respect him much.

Can Red be successful buffer Benny whisperer in this thing? Or maybe we're past that?

Can Red be successful buffer Benny whisperer in this thing? Or maybe we're past that?
Other than Joe, everyone is closer to assistants than JB. Actually it’s prob a tie with JB and Gmac for Joe but everyone else is closer to Red and Griff.

The tension with JB and Benny is JB thinks and knows Benny could be really good. But his attitude of not being a hot head and being super casual and calm, is not what JB wants to see. He loves the devendorf type of guys believe it or not. Benny is so far away from that.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out but a lot of the tension is based off potential as well for Benny which is a good thing, but we’ll see how he responds as JBs tactics aren’t for everyone

My biggest concern is can this team score? If Joe isn’t scoring who will? Expecting freshman, who aren‘t top 10 talent to play big in big moments is concerning. Without the perimeter shooting we had last year, will Jessie have the space he needs to score like last year? I hope the answer is yes, but only time will tell. The one plus is that this team could be vastly improved on defense which hopefully, will let us get out on the break.
Jesse should be the go to guy.

I’m feeling good about Mintz too.

Not sure if anyone else can score after those 3 though. Highly concerned about the forward spots.

Other than Joe, everyone is closer to assistants than JB. Actually it’s prob a tie with JB and Gmac for Joe but everyone else is closer to Red and Griff.

The tension with JB and Benny is JB thinks and knows Benny could be really good. But his attitude of not being a hot head and being super casual and calm, is not what JB wants to see. He loves the devendorf type of guys believe it or not. Benny is so far away from that.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out but a lot of the tension is based off potential as well for Benny which is a good thing, but we’ll see how he responds as JBs tactics aren’t for everyone
That sounds like Symir will be playing more of the back line than expected? Can’t imagine the freshman leashes would be any longer

Then he should have loved McCroskey : )

ANY ACTUAL PRACTICE NEWS IN HERE??? aside from Mintz, who most of us are comfortable with, how do the other freshmen look?

Last edited:

Will be interesting to see how Benny responds. This is his make or break moment. Really routing for the guy. Hopefully he understands JB only targets him because his potential is through the roof, and that's the way JB unlocks potential.

good stuff, thanks as always for sharing

Most times, the players are closer to the ass'ts than the Head coach. The ass'ts typically aren't the bad guy that isn't playing them or yelling at them. In 1976, it was the players that went and spoke up for ass't Jim B. to get the job in the first place. Being the Head guy changes everything.

Everyone wants Jessie to get the ball, but he needs room to operate. He doesn‘t overpower anyone. If guys don’t make shots, Jessie will struggle to score inside. He got easy dunks off pick and rolls last because the floor was spread out. I doubt teams are going to face guard anyone except Joe. If teams pack it in, it will also reduce Mintz’s ability to penetrate. We have to run offense this year that keeps the weak side defense occupied. Standing around won’t get it done.

Everyone wants Jessie to get the ball, but he needs room to operate. He doesn‘t overpower anyone. If guys don’t make shots, Jessie will struggle to score inside. He got easy dunks off pick and rolls last because the floor was spread out. I doubt teams are going to face guard anyone except Joe. If teams pack it in, it will also reduce Mintz’s ability to penetrate. We have to run offense this year that keeps the weak side defense occupied. Standing around won’t get it done.
Jesse

The confirmed plan is The entire offense is running through Joe as the 2. And he is getting a minimum of 20 shots per game. Ultimate green light. Can argue about it if you want, but that’s what’s happening and I know that for a complete fact

Don’t buy it.

If Mintz plays to his press clippings, I think we’ll be fine in that regard? Having two guards that can both fill it up, should give enough spacing.

Whether they produce or not remains to be see, but Bunch and Taylor are at least coming with the rep of guys who can shoot the ball - I don’t think those are guys that teams are going to play 8 feet off or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom