Preseason Practice... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

If Red can coach at all, it’s hard for me to imagine this team on the bubble truthfully. We have one of the best point guards in the entire country who excels going to the hoop who had a whole summer to work on his shot, surrounded by shooters in JJ, Bell, Benny, Taylor that will open up the lanes for him to drive, a big that can rim run on the pnr in Mcleod, with a guy in Chance Westry off the bench who has all the potential in the world (and looked like a bonafide star in camp for Auburn before getting hurt) It might take some time to get clicking but when we get going I think it’s going to be a hard train to stop. Most athletic team we’ve had in years led by the best PG we’ve had since Tyler Ennis, if you told me 2 years ago that’s where we’d be sitting at pre season of the 23/24 season, I’d have said sign me up right now. I think we’re in good shape.
Agreed. We were all hoping for a turnaround with JAB’s retirement, but I for one, would not have thought it this quick. And, if we are successful, hopefully that in and of itself will make this sustainable. I bleed Orange but I have faith in Red.
(Apologies, if this has been said previously)

IMG_8608.jpeg

I've heard really good things about Amell upping his game as Student Manager. He's been a little under the radar, but think he surprises this year.
Amell has been the surprise of preseason practice. He transformed his body during the off season and is like The Flash out there, getting water bottles to the players.

He could be the best student manager in the country. No one can believe it but it is true.

Bruin was among Jim's 2nd group of recruits with Santifer.
No he wasn't. His second group of recruits were Danny S., Marty Headd and Eddie Moss. I think Chris Jerebko as well. Tony and Santifer were the 4th group of recruits.

It might be because cuse f ball stubbed its toe multiple weeks in a row, but this week my focus has pivoted towards MBB. Of course everyone is undefeated currently so sky is the limit, but that’s what makes fandom fun. This may be over zealous, but I think this team is legit. Legit as in, fringe top 25 team. We have an NBA guard combo (I think JJ could mold into an NBA guard for sure) with a potential monster guard off the bench in westry. We maintained the nucleus of guys which was incredible by AA. We don’t have a senior but we have a lot of experience on this team. I think cuse bball is fun again and I’m stoked for this season. I think momentum is back in the cuse program and we have all the resources to be elite going forward like we have so many times. Overall, this is the most excited I’ve been for a cuse MBB season in about 7-10 years.

amazing group of players. Cuffe is off the chain athletic. Freak can't wait to see what he can do after a year in the system.

amazing group of players. Cuffe is off the chain athletic. Freak can't wait to see what he can do after a year in the system.
Get your freak on

It might be because cuse f ball stubbed its toe multiple weeks in a row, but this week my focus has pivoted towards MBB. Of course everyone is undefeated currently so sky is the limit, but that’s what makes fandom fun. This may be over zealous, but I think this team is legit. Legit as in, fringe top 25 team. We have an NBA guard combo (I think JJ could mold into an NBA guard for sure) with a potential monster guard off the bench in westry. We maintained the nucleus of guys which was incredible by AA. We don’t have a senior but we have a lot of experience on this team. I think cuse bball is fun again and I’m stoked for this season. I think momentum is back in the cuse program and we have all the resources to be elite going forward like we have so many times. Overall, this is the most excited I’ve been for a cuse MBB season in about 7-10 years.

College teams with more than one draft pick rarely miss the tourney absent injury. Michigan last year was such an example but the tenure under Howard has been a controversial mess so its fair to look at that as an exception in the bigger picture.

Otherwise it's pretty consistent year to year. Duke and UK have a year mixed in where this was the case but their sample size of multiple picks is nearly an every year thing. If Judah and JJ are both those guys this year that bodes well historically before we even get into the talent outside of them and how it impacts how things go.

College teams with more than one draft pick rarely miss the tourney absent injury. Michigan last year was such an example but the tenure under Howard has been a controversial mess so its fair to look at that as an exception in the bigger picture.

Otherwise it's pretty consistent year to year. Duke and UK have a year mixed in where this was the case but their sample size of multiple picks is nearly an every year thing. If Judah and JJ are both those guys this year that bodes well historically before we even get into the talent outside of them and how it impacts how things go.
Not to quote Hurley on this board, but I think last year he said something along the lines of this is easy, he has 3 NBA-caliber players and put the right role players around them.

Looks wise I’d say Hughes….but he slipped all the time. So maybe McCullough - he only hit the deck when getting undercut and carried 5 feet while getting called for a foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom