Preseason USA Today Top 25 Coaches Poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason USA Today Top 25 Coaches Poll

are u talking about Notre Dame?
Did Miami go 11-2 last year like ND did?

Did Miami go 54-10 with two playoff berths in the last five years like ND did?

Apples/oranges.

Think Cristobal is the real deal too. Getting rid of the "turnover chain," and changing the "culture" impresses me a ton. Wonder if we get Van Dyke if our qb coach isn't a TX high school coach in disguise.
hank-x-cristobal.jpg

I guess you missed the season finale, then.

This is arguably the most talented team Babers has had but it’s too bad this schedule is absolutely brutal. There is no way this is a last place team in our division per Phil Steele, but you look who is ahead of us and it’s hard to argue putting us ahead anybody but BC. Then again if that 3 game stretch mid-season last year where we had huge game mgt blunders (FSU, WF, Clemson) went our way and were 8-4, maybe this team would be preseason ranked?

This is arguably the most talented team Babers has had but it’s too bad this schedule is absolutely brutal. There is no way this is a last place team in our division per Phil Steele, but you look who is ahead of us and it’s hard to argue putting us ahead anybody but BC. Then again if that 3 game stretch mid-season last year where we had huge game mgt blunders (FSU, WF, Clemson) went our way and were 8-4, maybe this team would be preseason ranked?
I think the d line and WR issues are too big to overlook even if a couple games had flipped Syracuse’s way. That being said, a couple wins early on and the narrative changes quickly

I think the d line and WR issues are too big to overlook even if a couple games had flipped Syracuse’s way. That being said, a couple wins early on and the narrative changes quickly
I think DL actually has some talent, but they’re just young and can some what be covered up with the immense talent of the back 8. I think this is where going to the 3-3-5 at a place like Syracuse who historically struggles to get those big D-Lineman really helps us. I think Lockett, Caleb, and Geer/Linton have talent that I don’t feel the WR group has. WR being such an important position it could hold us back offensively . The difference with this offense is we will utilize the TE. It’s a terrible break we lost a talent like Landon Morris to Utah. He could have made up for some of the lack of talent at WR. I’m hoping Mahar can step into that role, or even Mang to a lesser extent. I also feel we will be utilizing Tucker and Price out of the backfield and that can also help the passing game. WR I feel will be a problem throughout the season, but I think we have ways to cover it up….this is all assuming Shredder can get them the ball.

All the reports suggest that WR is much improved.
I hope so. It’s basically the same guys that I wasn’t too thrilled with. Not to mention I think our #1 Jones went down with an elbow injury. He should be back but missing some much needed reps. I think Peña can be a difference maker too. I’m just not thrilled with past consistency

Surprised clemson is so high at #4 given the questions on offense. Pitt and nc state need to switch spots . Nc state, historically much like us self implodes with high expectations. Michigan state is overrated. I’ll be rooting for Arkansas, Utah and Oklahoma state this year. I’m so sick of the same 10 teams getting all the glory.

I think DL actually has some talent, but they’re just young and can some what be covered up with the immense talent of the back 8. I think this is where going to the 3-3-5 at a place like Syracuse who historically struggles to get those big D-Lineman really helps us. I think Lockett, Caleb, and Geer/Linton have talent that I don’t feel the WR group has. WR being such an important position it could hold us back offensively . The difference with this offense is we will utilize the TE. It’s a terrible break we lost a talent like Landon Morris to Utah. He could have made up for some of the lack of talent at WR. I’m hoping Mahar can step into that role, or even Mang to a lesser extent. I also feel we will be utilizing Tucker and Price out of the backfield and that can also help the passing game. WR I feel will be a problem throughout the season, but I think we have ways to cover it up….this is all assuming Shredder can get them the ball.
I thought linton was hurt? And as far as tight end goes, it also sucks we lost Benson. Not a real tight end but he was a good change of pace hybrid guy who never got a chance to shine.

BC is better than Louisville. They will win 7-9 games IMO.

I feel like BC/Syracuse has to show up the season prior to get a preseason bump the following year. Irrelevant really until they play football.
I think that's true of most schools. Preseason rankings are based on general reputation with a strong emphasis on the previous season's performance.

We will be in most games. One position im actually very concerned with is our punter. Field position is so important and i believe we were bottom 10 in the country last year. I watched the punters during spring game and they were horrible.

Have to hope the jones injury opened the door for some other guys to step up with more reps. Adam’s, brown, Hayes. Heard Hatcher was having a good camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom