Pressure | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pressure

It's a winnable game.

The past few decades have shown that odds are we'll still lose.

I think the team is ready for something different.

I posted about this last week.

Against Ranked teams Marrone and Babers have are 4 and 3. P had twice as many wins or close losses against ranked or named teams than double digit losses.

Grob and Shafer 0-13.

With quality coaching and a QB this team has been consistently competitive.

2016 -- VaTech in the Dome
2017-- Climpson in the Dome
2018 -- FSU in the Dome

I see the trend of taking a bigger football brand down in the Dome continuing. I know we play ND at Yankee Stadium later in the season but I prefer Dino's annual Dome upset trend to continue this week.

I'm not sure we know what either team really has yet. Frankly I throw Saturday out the window. I still don't know if we will be able to run the ball by design against good athletes. Have WR's create space against good athletes. Have our QB fit balls into tight windows, etc.

I'm excited to see what we are against an ACC team we will see all year. One we can beat, but one that can beat us too.

I wouldn’t go that far...We know Dungey will gain yards vs elite defenses running, can fit the ball into tight windows as least some of the time, and we scheme WR open in this offense vs ACC defenses all the time. I don’t know if it will be enough. But I’m not worried about our O putting up points.

Our D? Pretty worried. Our DL needs to dominate their very poor OL. Their QB can pass it and they have some WR talent.

I wouldn’t go that far...We know Dungey will gain yards vs elite defenses running, can fit the ball into tight windows as least some of the time, and we scheme WR open in this offense vs ACC defenses all the time. I don’t know if it will be enough. But I’m not worried about our O putting up points.

Our D? Pretty worried. Our DL needs to dominate their very poor OL. Their QB can pass it and they have some WR talent.
Maybe - I don't really care about yards. I think 30 points is our number for more wins. Last year with or without ED we didn't score 30 in a single ACC game that I can remember. Less worried about our O but still concerned.

I am concerned with the talent at FSU no matter how down they are right now FSU has top end talent. Worried about our linebackers being able to stop their running game and worried about our WRs find space needed to excel in the passing the game. And if our DL doesn't get pressure I think their WRs and QB will find space to make big plays in the passing game.

I posted about this last week.

Against Ranked teams Marrone and Babers have are 4 and 3. P had twice as many wins or close losses against ranked or named teams than double digit losses.

Grob and Shafer 0-13.

With quality coaching and a QB this team has been consistently competitive.
I agree with your greater point.

It's not just about ranked teams though. That's a big part of the issue. The let downs have happened in these situations where they're winnable games.

I am concerned with the talent at FSU no matter how down they are right now FSU has top end talent. Worried about our linebackers being able to stop their running game and worried about our WRs find space needed to excel in the passing the game. And if our DL doesn't get pressure I think their WRs and QB will find space to make big plays in the passing game.
Samford was all over Francois, I feel safe saying our DL is substantially better then Samford's. I fully expect our DL to be putting Francois in the turf all game. Thats what we need because as you stated their athletes can "out-athlete" us if Francois has time.

Side note- Francois did not look like he has a lot of mobility, I really am not worried about his dual threat ability currently. I do not know if he is just not confident due to his season ending injury last year? This will help us defensively.

Samford was all over Francois, I feel safe saying our DL is substantially better then Samford's. I fully expect our DL to be putting Francois in the turf all game. Thats what we need because as you stated their athletes can "out-athlete" us if Francois has time.

Side note- Francois did not look like he has a lot of mobility, I really am not worried about his dual threat ability currently. I do not know if he is just not confident due to his season ending injury last year? This will help us defensively.

-13 yds rushing through two games.

FSU has top end talent all over the field. But it is talent recruited by a different coach for a different system. Taggert won with a dual threat QB at USF. Francois is not a dual threat QB. Thus, Taggert is trying to run a system that does not fit his roster. Hopefully, a more established system with a more established QB will overcome great players in a new system.

I agree our DL is better than Samford but it's more about Ward. What is he going to do with them? Are we saving all of our DL stunts and tricks for FSU? They've been straight head generic to this point.

I agree our DL is better than Samford but it's more about Ward. What is he going to do with them? Are we saving all of our DL stunts and tricks for FSU? They've been straight head generic to this point.

By strategic design, I'd say. Vanilla on both sides of the ball, against two opponents we knew we could beat playing that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom