Pretty Good Guard Available Immediately | Syracusefan.com

Pretty Good Guard Available Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
UConn is going the one and done route this year.

But with grad transfers who have proven they can play at this level and are physically mature.

If we get Gibbs, and it seems like its a done deal, Ollie will have put together a pretty amazing class despite all the times we came up second.

With Gibbs and Miller and Adams, I think this puts us in the top 15 and maybe higher for next year depending on how things gell.

It's nice having 4 year guys in March.

But with grad transfers who have proven they can play at this level and are physically mature.

If we get Gibbs, and it seems like its a done deal, Ollie will have put together a pretty amazing class despite all the times we came up second.

With Gibbs and Miller and Adams, I think this puts us in the top 15 and maybe higher for next year depending on how things gell.

Dude...can you tell me more? Please?

Ollie is one of the greatest recruiters of grad transfers in the history of the game. Hard way to sustain a college program but he is trying to make a go of it.

Ollie is one of the greatest recruiters of grad transfers in the history of the game. Hard way to sustain a college program but he is trying to make a go of it.

Steve Fischer has won a ton of games at SDSU and lived inside the top 25 with this recipe.

I think Ollie will find a way - graduate transfer, transfers, over seas, projects - but with the UConn name still land a traditional 5 star and 4 star every year.

I like out chances this years.

Steve Fischer has won a ton of games at SDSU and lived inside the top 25 with this recipe.

I think Ollie will find a way - graduate transfer, transfers, over seas, projects - but with the UConn name still land a traditional 5 star and 4 star every year.

I like out chances this years.

You guys had two bigtime playmaking guards in walker and napier who hit tough shot after tough ahot to make ncaa runs. Winning that way and having essentially the exact same player in such a short time frame is lightning striking twice. It was very clear this year that not having that guy who can carry you and make bad shots brought the quality of the team down significantly. Do you have the talent to play a more team oriented style vs having individual success? I don't see it at all. The skill level just is not there. I would say you all are prob a tourney team again next year but no way top 25. Ollie will have to pivot a lot in terms of style and that takes time to ensuring you have those kind of players.

You guys had two bigtime playmaking guards in walker and napier who hit tough shot after tough ahot to make ncaa runs. Winning that way and having essentially the exact same player in such a short time frame is lightning striking twice. It was very clear this year that not having that guy who can carry you and make bad shots brought the quality of the team down significantly. Do you have the talent to play a more team oriented style vs having individual success? I don't see it at all. The skill level just is not there. I would say you all are prob a tourney team again next year but no way top 25. Ollie will have to pivot a lot in terms of style and that takes time to ensuring you have those kind of players.

Its tough to be in the AAC and stay in the top 25. Beating up some garbage teams is great and all, but, don't show up a couple nights and lose to some garbage teams and your done.

Thank you for your continued obsession with Syracuse basketball. SUball

Its tough to be in the AAC and stay in the top 25. Beating up some garbage teams is great and all, but, don't show up a couple nights and lose to some garbage teams and your done.

The RPI hit is even worse. The bottom of the league has to schedule better to help the top of the league. The BE has is figured out.

Uconn has some solid players coming back and in.

That being said, I don't understand why this person sits on this board waiting for uconn to show up so he can pop a woody and reply to the thread

Lol. In fairness I like to go over there and read the 100,000th post about Hockey realignment as some kind of tryout for B1G basketball invite. Or the stories about car wash attendants with the inside scoop on UCONN to ACC. Or some rando on twitter that has catfished them so hard. The difference is, I don't post.

First let's define some terms.

"One-and-done" is a 5-star freshman who's off to the pros after a single season, regardless of team (and sometimes, individual) success.

"Rent-a-player" (thank you, Bo Ryan) is the guy who has a degree, but still has a year of eligibility, and decides to spend that year at another school, because his original school doesn't offer the graduate program he wants (har, har). This is the direction you Storrs guys may be taking.

The problem is that there is beginning to be a ground swell against this second approach. One reason is that, since the advent of this rule, few, if any, of these grad students get a graduate degree. Actually, heading into this past season, none had achieved the degree.
Another is that some of the big-hitters, maybe for selfish reasons, are speaking out against it. Calipari is among those. The tweak that is being recommended is that the 5th year guys have to sit out a year like all other transfers (except hardship). Most Masters programs require 2 years' study; so this may make sense.

The tweak that is being recommended is that the 5th year guys have to sit out a year like all other transfers (except hardship)..

Yeah, but then you'll be hearing about a lot more sick moms, grandmothers, great aunts, etc.

Lol. In fairness I like to go over there and read the 100,000th post about Hockey realignment as some kind of tryout for B1G basketball invite. Or the stories about car wash attendants with the inside scoop on UCONN to ACC. Or some rando on twitter that has catfished them so hard. The difference is, I don't post.

A guy talked to someone at the spring game. You won't believe what happens next

First let's define some terms.

"One-and-done" is a 5-star freshman who's off to the pros after a single season, regardless of team (and sometimes, individual) success.

"Rent-a-player" (thank you, Bo Ryan) is the guy who has a degree, but still has a year of eligibility, and decides to spend that year at another school, because his original school doesn't offer the graduate program he wants (har, har). This is the direction you Storrs guys may be taking.

The problem is that there is beginning to be a ground swell against this second approach. One reason is that, since the advent of this rule, few, if any, of these grad students get a graduate degree. Actually, heading into this past season, none had achieved the degree.
Another is that some of the big-hitters, maybe for selfish reasons, are speaking out against it. Calipari is among those. The tweak that is being recommended is that the 5th year guys have to sit out a year like all other transfers (except hardship). Most Masters programs require 2 years' study; so this may make sense.
More crushing the kid and keeping college athletics about money, turf and wins. I wan the same law firm that handles the O'Bannon case to sue the NCAA over the transfer rule. Its a slam dunk the NCAA loses.

images

This is what UConn fans have to think. If they accept the fact that the Big Ten or ACC won't add them it will be a painful death. Remember dreams are free.

lol just like the done deal you came on here and informed us of with Diamond Stone?

Gibbs is going to ND.

Recruiting to the AAC is a painful process. We actually have done pretty well it you just look at the wins, but we have lost soooooooo many head-head battles.

sdhusky said:
Gibbs is going to ND. Recruiting to the AAC is a painful process. We actually have done pretty well it you just look at the wins, but we have lost soooooooo many head-head battles.

Reality is a cruel mistress. But at least she's honest.

sdhusky said:
Gibbs is going to ND. Recruiting to the AAC is a painful process. We actually have done pretty well it you just look at the wins, but we have lost soooooooo many head-head battles.

Are you talking about the same player? His younger brother Temple committed to ND this weekend. Is Sterling going to also?

Status
Not open for further replies.