Pretty sad | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pretty sad

Nobody on our staff recruits to a top 25 level.

Though I will say this years class is good. We need to be more consistent. So many misses or plan C resorting
Agreed. It's a board fallacy.

I mean….would you come here if you were a top 50 player? I love Cuse but I certainly wouldnt
judah mint has been acc freshman of the week twice already...if i look at him...then yes, cuse would be a great fit.

JB always gets players to their max and gets players drafted who otherwise woulnt

team results are down...but its still a great place for any recruit imo

Personally think Mintz-Taylor-Bell-Brown with Copeland off the bench is a really nice core if they all stay here.
That team would probably be sub .500 ACC all time if the played 4 years. No size. No fire. Limited skill sets across the board.
They are filler pieces (Mintz excepted) on a quality ACC team.

That team would probably be sub .500 ACC all time if the played 4 years. No size. No fire. Limited skill sets across the board.
They are filler pieces (Mintz excepted) on a quality ACC team.
Disagree. Brown and Copeland have demonstrated skill sets that show they will be able to contribute across the board as they develop and improve. I think Taylor will be a guy who is solid on both offense and defense too.

Guys like Rick and Scoop weren’t the Rick and Scoop we think of until year 2 or 3, for example.

Disagree. Brown and Copeland have demonstrated skill sets that show they will be able to contribute across the board as they develop and improve. I think Taylor will be a guy who is solid on both offense and defense too.

Guys like Rick and Scoop weren’t the Rick and Scoop we think of until year 2 or 3, for example.
And there is nobody on the roster that could or will be able hold year 2 or 3 Rick and Scoops jock. This freshman class aren’t good basketball players.

That's because of this sites odd obsession with mega threads that go on for years. Every time there is new information on a recruit, it should be a new thread.

Reminds me of a poor man’s Ryan Blackwell.
I can see some similarities. Brown seems taller to me.

Blackwell had a decent outside shot. Both well rounded and do the intangibles.

I can see some similarities. Brown seems taller to me.

Blackwell had a decent outside shot. Both well rounded and do the intangibles.
I think Ryan had a better handle, but we saw him his last 3 years, not as a frosh.

I think Ryan had a better handle, but we saw him his last 3 years, not as a frosh.
Yeah, that too. Definitely a better perimeter guy.

While Ryan was a solid rebounder and played tough inside, I think Brown projects to be better in both areas if he develops and improves the way he should.

I suppose some don't think Brown can develop any semblance of a medium range game. Any player who works hard can increase a particular skill. I am bullish on this player.

I suppose some don't think Brown can develop any semblance of a medium range game. Any player who works hard can increase a particular skill. I am bullish on this player.
What player came in and did this? It’s been over a decade, maybe two. Roberson would hit one mid range shot every two months and people around here would get their jollies off about his mid range game showing up.

What player came in and did this? It’s been over a decade. Roberson would hit one mid range shot every two months and people around here would get their jollies off about his mid range game showing up.
John Wallace? Hakim?

2 of our top 10 ever, no biggie. Get it done Maliq!

John Wallace? Hakim?

2 of our top 10 ever, no biggie. Get it done Maliq!
Took them both 3-4 years too.

New skills just don’t show up overnight, if it was that easy, why not have Jesse develop a killer top of the key three point shot?

Guys can improve on skills they have, not saying they can’t, and not saying guys can’t develop new skills, but I just don’t see much in this class that screams superstar, Mintz maybe when he matures, but if he can’t develop a shot from outside, he doesn’t have a chance in the NBA.

What player came in and did this? It’s been over a decade, maybe two. Roberson would hit one mid range shot every two months and people around here would get their jollies off about his mid range game showing up.
Duany did, Buddy did, heck how many contributors who stay 3 or 4 seasons don't get better. I am not talking about guys who come in and are 1 and done players or who could be one and done's. Program players. All of our freshmen, including Judah Mintz have areas they can and will improve upon with time. I stand by that I am Bullish on Browm. We have not had a player like him in years.

Duany did, Buddy did, heck how many contributors who stay 3 or 4 seasons don't get better. I am not talking about guys who come in and are 1 and done players or who could be one and done's. Program players. All of our freshmen, including Judah Mintz have areas they can and will improve upon with time. I stand by that I am Bullish on Browm. We have not had a player like him in years.
I think he was specifically talking about bigger players who weren’t good outside shooters when they started here, but developed a mid range or even perimeter game.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom