Props to the coaches | Syracusefan.com

Props to the coaches

Rocco

Watching you.
For just absolutely crushing it on the recruiting trail to close out the 2015 class. I don't know how many of you "football board-only's" pay attention to the recruiting board, but we have held off some serious schools for 2 stud D-linemen in the last 2 nights. Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ole Miss and Penn State to name a few. This is the first time in a long time that we have closed out so strongly and did not get poached by the "marquee" schools. In addition to those 2 kids, we have already landed a number of other really good names. One thing is for sure, this year's DL class is absurd. Timmy Daoust has to be on another planet.

After finishing 2014 at 3-9, the odds of us landing these types of kids seemed distant. However, they truly stress the importance of a family atmosphere and that everyone in the program is your "brother". Shafer has had a rough start to his HC career, but adding kids like this will only help to improve the direction of our team. Fingers crossed...

Happy Birthday Coach Acosta. Job well done in NJ and a huge SHOUTOUT to the rest of the staff. This is an incredible feat.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!!

My good friend, Ric, approves:

ricflairwhoo.gif

Could not agree more, people may not like HCSS hires but he goes with who he is comfortable with and coaches that want to do it his way.
This season was disappointing but, this is only his 2nd class. The class that he inherited was Marrone's and he lost probably the 3 best recruits in that class.
Just like Marrone had a system and a culture, so does HCSS and he needs time to employ it. He has chosen a staff that is like him, blue collar and hard working and that will come across to the recruits.
This is a very good class and is a foundation for the future, this will be a class that will start a good run for HCSS and "CUSE"

I hope that the good Doctor realizes that these guys are a perfect fit for Syracuse. They are selling something that doesnt have a darn thing to do with wins and losses or facilities and it is resonating with players and their famalies. Once we get back to bowling coupled with the new ACC network watch out! Awesome job by HCSS and the staff. Unreal!!

kcsu said:
I hope that the good Doctor realizes that these guys are a perfect fit for Syracuse. They are selling something that doesnt have a darn thing to do with wins and losses or facilities and it is resonating with players and their famalies. Once we get back to bowling coupled with the new ACC network watch out! Awesome job by HCSS and the staff. Unreal!!

The staff realizes they need to kick butt on the recruiting trail to save their jobs.

What do you guys make of the 50 something class rankings we are getting s well as the poor ACC rankings? It is very frustrating when the class seems much better than that.

Props also to the board members that keep all of us informed & excited about recruiting and to the parents of all the kids that CHOOSE SU as the place they want to spend an important phase of their lives. It's not easy to send your kids off hoping they and you made the right choice. I'm grateful to all of you and excited about the fall. LGO!

What do you guys make of the 50 something class rankings we are getting s well as the poor ACC rankings? It is very frustrating when the class seems much better than that.
It looked to me that our class ranking is up to: Wait for it...#44!

This is why it's worth the money to make sure your recruiting staff and facilities are competitive and why SU can't stop with the IPF. Still room for upgrades within the football facility (offices, meeting rooms, lounge) that will pay off.

For just absolutely crushing it on the recruiting trail to close out the 2015 class. I don't know how many of you "football board-only's" pay attention to the recruiting board, but we have held off some serious schools for 2 stud D-linemen in the last 2 nights. Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ole Miss and Penn State to name a few. This is the first time in a long time that we have closed out so strongly and did not get poached by the "marquee" schools. In addition to those 2 kids, we have already landed a number of other really good names. One thing is for sure, this year's DL class is absurd. Timmy Daoust has to be on another planet.

After finishing 2014 at 3-9, the odds of us landing these types of kids seemed distant. However, they truly stress the importance of a family atmosphere and that everyone in the program is your "brother". Shafer has had a rough start to his HC career, but adding kids like this will only help to improve the direction of our team. Fingers crossed...

Happy Birthday Coach Acosta. Job well done in NJ and a huge SHOUTOUT to the rest of the staff. This is an incredible feat.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!!

My good friend, Ric, approves:

ricflairwhoo.gif
Your other good friend Rick also approves :)

HCSS and his band of brothers really did make this years recruiting class a thing of beauty. Of coarse, the talking-heads will dis our recruits; nothing new there. The proof of any class is found within the next 2 to 3 seasons as the recruits grow into the system. I think in that time frame, it will be shown that this is an excellent crop of young oranges!

For me it suggests a couple of things. First, we have not recruited this well in a long time. This staff seems to be good at finding and, more importantly, keeping talent. Even given the extenuating circumstances at Florida and Wiscy, how long has it been since we have been able to fend off an SEC team and get a kid to flip from a top B1G 10 team?

The other thing for me is that all things are relative. Compared to our recruiting success over the last 10 years, this is a great haul - especially coming off a 3-9. Compared to the league we compete in...we are apparently are closer to the bottom than the middle. Yes, there is some frustration there due to stars, subscription bias and all the rest. But, I think there might also be some truth mixed in with those rankings. We still have a long way to go.

Get to a bowl next year, and stack another good class on top of the last two. Maybe catch some lightening in a bottle (Washington, one of the O'QB). That is my hope.

"I've spent more money on spilled liquor in bars from one end of this world to the other... THAN YOU MADE."

For me it suggests a couple of things. First, we have not recruited this well in a long time. This staff seems to be good at finding and, more importantly, keeping talent. Even given the extenuating circumstances at Florida and Wiscy, how long has it been since we have been able to fend off an SEC team and get a kid to flip from a top B1G 10 team?

The other thing for me is that all things are relative. Compared to our recruiting success over the last 10 years, this is a great haul - especially coming off a 3-9. Compared to the league we compete in...we are apparently are closer to the bottom than the middle. Yes, there is some frustration there due to stars, subscription bias and all the rest. But, I think there might also be some truth mixed in with those rankings. We still have a long way to go.

Get to a bowl next year, and stack another good class on top of the last two. Maybe catch some lightening in a bottle (Washington, one of the O'QB). That is my hope.
That seems like a good summary to me. We seem to have ramped up our average haul so the classes are good from top to bottom whereas that was not the case in the past.

I am not so concerned about the lack of 4 star linemen as we seem to be really good at identifying and developing talent in those positions - same goes for LBs. Also, our RBs have usually been good if not great, but running behind good lines works fine.

Assuming that we are serviceable in the secondary, could it be that we are now only a QB and perhaps a WR away from making some noise? If so, I have to believe that there is a JUCO or transfer out there that could hep us in 2016 if our current guys don't develop as we might hope.

That seems like a good summary to me. We seem to have ramped up our average haul so the classes are good from top to bottom whereas that was not the case in the past.

I am not so concerned about the lack of 4 star linemen as we seem to be really good at identifying and developing talent in those positions - same goes for LBs. Also, our RBs have usually been good if not great, but running behind good lines works fine.

Assuming that we are serviceable in the secondary, could it be that we are now only a QB and perhaps a WR away from making some noise? If so, I have to believe that there is a JUCO or transfer out there that could hep us in 2016 if our current guys don't develop as we might hope.
QB situation scare the hell out of me. I really hope Hunt can get it done.

QB situation scare the hell out of me. I really hope Hunt can get it done.

The QB situation remains to be seen, but I agree that it is slightly scary. Hunt will be the starter this year, unless Lester really thinks that one of the other kids can perform. Hunt is our guy in 2015, like it or leave it.

In 2016, it will be exciting to watch how this all unfolds. Whether or not we have after one of the O'Transfers on our roster will make a big difference. I personally think they are hoping that Dungey is the next 3-4 year QB at SU.

The QB situation remains to be seen, but I agree that it is slightly scary. Hunt will be the starter this year, unless Lester really thinks that one of the other kids can perform. Hunt is our guy in 2015, like it or leave it.

In 2016, it will be exciting to watch how this all unfolds. Whether or not we have after one of the O'Transfers on our roster will make a big difference. I personally think they are hoping that Dungey is the next 3-4 year QB at SU.
His new tape is great. Very athletic kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom